Author Topic: My new toy  (Read 12939 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: My new toy
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »
Good buy on a 1911PD, they retail for like $1500. But personally i think a .45 is a bit big for a concealed.. Much rather have my G17. :] Nice gun though.

The Smith & Wesson SC1911PD is a typical 1911 in .45 acp but with a 4.25 inch barrel and only weighs in at a whopping 28 oz as compared to a standard 1911 which runs about 39 oz with a 5 inch barrel. There are numerous reason people who actually do carry concealed on a regular basis choose a 1911 over firearms such as Glocks. I already have a Springfield XD in .45 acp but it is like Glocks. Great tatical pistol for work but way to dangerous if you actually carry it chambered. A 1911 pistol is meant to be carried in condition 1, which is having a round in the chamber with the hammer back. It is completely safe to carry it this way based on the simplicity of the design. A 1911 is also a single stack which makes it quite thin with smooth lines.

Also, what are people's opinions on pocket 380s. I'm thinking of getting one eventually for CC.
Any working firearm is a good firearm IMO. What you really need to do is read up on .380 and other caliber ballistics, go to a large firearms store to hold quite a few different types, and pick what feels best for you to wear during your day to day dealings. If you have a indoor pistol range that rents guns I would do that so you can also see how well you fit the firearms. I chose a 1911 because of their reliability, the size of my hands, the weight, the angle of the grip and the fact that there are so many aftermarket producers of parts so I can adjust the gun to me fairly perfectly.

If you did illegaly buy a ak47 it would just cost you 600$
now you got a ( good?) handgun. even if i would buy a handgun, i would buy a beretta

Yes, I own an ak-47. Yes, it is legal. You can purchase an ak-47 for as little as $350 depending on what you want. They, like most famous guns, have stood the test of time which caused many people to copy the original design. A pre-ban Russian ak will cost you quite a bit, well over the $1500 range compared to the newly built Romainian version at about $350.
The Berretta handguns come in a few versions. I have carried the cheapest of their line when on active duty in the army and it was the worst pistol I have ever used to protect myself. The biggest issue was its reliability. A friend had purchased a high end Berretta and we put it through its paces. It performed flawlessly except a FTE once it got pretty dirty but this would happen to almost any pistol.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »
Who pissed Flip off?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 02:27:30 PM »
 Flip was bullied in high school.
 His co-workers probably still make fun of him.
 His wife is his relative.
 Children are ugly.

That is why he needs guns

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
blaa, I think you just climbed up pretty high on his target priority list.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »
UNLESS HE'S OBAMA HE CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »
Flip was bullied in high school.
 His co-workers probably still make fun of him.
 His wife is his relative.
 Children are ugly.

That is why he needs guns

Sorry to bust your bubble but I grew up in a different lifestyle than you is all. I was raised in the cold war era by Texas born and raised parents. Unlike many people who never have been around guns, I was taught to respect them and their purpose. Not one of my friends have ever brought a firearm to school nor did we ever run around town trying to act tough. My father raised me with his belief system. He taught me that most idiots of society always fall into one of three categories... 1) a bully (these are the over compensating people who feel the need to pick on people smaller or different in them in which they always fight when they have the uperhand. They never pick or win a fight against someone up to the brawl.) 2) Liars (always feel the need to impress people about who they are, what they did, and what they have even when they have to make things up. They are the first to implicate an innocent person to gain the trust of the "in crowd") 3) Thieves. (The worst of them all. Too lazy to work for anything. Cost everyone else money. Tips the scale of burden to everyone else.)

If you never have experienced any of these I tip my hat to you. You will run into them one day even if you think you are the toughest sob out there.

My co-workers respect me because I have a high work ethic, am experienced, and I am good at what I do.

My family is my family. If you feel the need to insult them go right ahead. Do it right there behind a pc. Without knowing anything about you I would offer you to come to Colorado (I will reimburse you for any expense occurred along the way), purchase you a motel room for the week, all of this if you would step into a fighting ring (with protective gear on of course) and square off against my 12 yr. old daughter while I record it. (This is the part where you beat your chest and claim to be awesome blackbelt and all the while never accept a free vacation.)

On a serious note, the thread was posted in hopes there would be other enthusiast possibly here or just people who had questions about firearms. Sorry to bring out the worst in some of you.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
I would offer you to come to Colorado (I will reimburse you for any expense occurred along the way), purchase you a motel room for the week, all of this if you would step into a fighting ring (with protective gear on of course) and square off against my 12 yr. old daughter while I record it. (This is the part where you beat your chest and claim to be awesome blackbelt and all the while never accept a free vacation.)

I'd take the free vacation, but, you know, without the hostility from forum-drama... and without the beating up your daughter part.
Implying that I have a chance of winning >.>

;D

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »
Wait Colorado right? I have a friend there. I'll take the free trip, but I take the payment for the trip before I travel. Deal.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 11:43:24 PM »
 He offered the trip to me, exclusively.

Your father taught you the respect for guns? What is there to respect? I respect a tall-ass crane because its meddling big and can kill me if operated by an idiot. So do guns.

btw, uve seen the steven seagal: lawman?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 11:48:58 PM »
 If a god darn burglar comes into your house during the night, then how are you supposed to protect your family? You wake up, sleepy as intercourse, take your pistola from the drawer and go down stairs. You see a black man moving in your room, you say he freeze, he still moves, you hear your daughter crying, you shoot the black man. Turns out he was your neighbours kid stealing some excrement to buy some jewelry for his girlfriend, because his father disapproved that girlfriend because she was black, and you texax people are rascist as intercourse.

Or, you chill around with your family in the city, then suddenly someone steals ur wifes purse, you shoot the kid whos running with the purse? Assuming you carry ur weapon...

The point is, that it does not make any meddling sense to me, why you should own a gun.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 02:55:25 AM »
Without knowing anything about you I would offer you to come to Colorado (I will reimburse you for any expense occurred along the way), purchase you a motel room for the week, all of this if you would step into a fighting ring (with protective gear on of course) and square off against my 12 yr. old daughter while I record it. (This is the part where you beat your chest and claim to be awesome blackbelt and all the while never accept a free vacation.)

lmao

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »
Yes, I own an ak-47. Yes, it is legal. You can purchase an ak-47 for as little as $350 depending on what you want. They, like most famous guns, have stood the test of time which caused many people to copy the original design. A pre-ban Russian ak will cost you quite a bit, well over the $1500 range compared to the newly built Romainian version at about $350.
The Berretta handguns come in a few versions. I have carried the cheapest of their line when on active duty in the army and it was the worst pistol I have ever used to protect myself. The biggest issue was its reliability. A friend had purchased a high end Berretta and we put it through its paces. It performed flawlessly except a FTE once it got pretty dirty but this would happen to almost any pistol.
if u own 1 why u still buy weapons???  Go kill some animals in the jungle :)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »
Because as he indicated, he wanted to carry it for protection. And you can definitely hide an AK inside your jacket.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »
If a god darn burglar comes into your house during the night, then how are you supposed to protect your family? You wake up, sleepy as intercourse, take your pistola from the drawer and go down stairs. You see a black man moving in your room, you say he freeze, he still moves, you hear your daughter crying, you shoot the black man. Turns out he was your neighbours kid stealing some excrement to buy some jewelry for his girlfriend, because his father disapproved that girlfriend because she was black, and you texax people are rascist as intercourse.

Or, you chill around with your family in the city, then suddenly someone steals ur wifes purse, you shoot the kid whos running with the purse? Assuming you carry ur weapon...

The point is, that it does not make any meddling sense to me, why you should own a gun.

In texas the closest neighbour is always at least 200KM away so there's no problems like that bro

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »
Hey, there's a bunch of worse stupid stuff that someone could have spent the money on. To each his own. Me and a friend spend hundreds on fishing stuff, and I'm sure a bunch of people would think it's stupid.  When we went down to the FL keys last year for lobstering, we spent $275 just to fill the boat with gas ( It was funny I think we ran the gas station out of gas). Not to count all our other excursions, filling up scuba tanks, new lures/reels/baits, etc.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »
 No No, I am not saying that his hobby sucks. I guess going to the shooting range and shooting for fun is a nice hobby. Just like fishing or playing bowling. I am just confused of this whole 'protect my family' bullexcrement. Steven 'Flip' Seagal.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »
No No, I am not saying that his hobby sucks. I guess going to the shooting range and shooting for fun is a nice hobby. Just like fishing or playing bowling. I am just confused of this whole 'protect my family' bullexcrement. Steven 'Flip' Seagal.

A lot of people have a certain view of every subject. I find it humorous that you do not understand what weapon respect really is. Carrying a firearm is a responsibility. Why would I shoot someone over a purse snatching? My wife's, kids and my life would not be in jeopardy.

You wake up, sleepy as intercourse, take your pistola from the drawer and go down stairs. You see a black man moving in your room, you say he freeze, he still moves, you hear your daughter crying, you shoot the black man. Turns out he was your neighbours kid stealing some excrement to buy some jewelry for his girlfriend, because his father disapproved that girlfriend because she was black

This is a good one. There is a stranger in MY house in the middle of the night and I am supposed to stop and ask him what he is doing in my house? "I'm sorry sir, are you merely stealing some jewelry or are you here to kill me to satisfy you sadistic urges or are you here to rape/murder any of my kids?" Awesome. I'll take my chances. The law is on my side because of past cases of people entering others homes to do them harm. YOU might be able to use YOUR ninja like reflexes to avoid the flurry of gunfire likely to come your way if that guy enters your house and you allow him the chance to possibly pull his firearm out and shoot at you because he doesn't want to go to jail (because we all know that a person committing a crime would never have a gun on him). Me, I'm a little to tired to be dodging bullets.

Did you know that everyone who carries a gun is not someone who is a criminal? Did you know that the laws exist to protect your rights? I'm not talking about our rights to bear arms, I'm talking about my right as a human being to protect myself and the people around me from the people who will do harm to you and yours. Did you also know that there really are people out there that like to hurt and kill other people? Are you that naive to believe that a police officer will always be there when you need him the most? There are many stories that can be brought into play but if you actually care read this and google the interview of the father from the first murder attempt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dartmouth_Murders

This shows you that even though you go about your business without sticking your nose out there that fate might just throw you a curve ball. Your preparedness and reaction is what will get you through the situation. Would I shoot you if I caught you stealing the stereo out my car? Not if I have an available means to retreat and call 911. If you are in the commission of a crime and you advance on me in a threatening manner would I shoot? Couldn't tell you to be honest. It all depends on the actual situation. A firearm is a tool to protect myself and my family. Nothing more. If I feel as if my life or a family members life is in danger I would not hesitate. I guess this would be a judgment call. I'll remember to walk on by when you or someone you care about is being physically harmed while you decide to call the cops who quite possibly are only minutes away from helping you while ya'll only have seconds to decide to fight for your life or let the bad guy do what he wants. How do you know that a criminal is only going to steal, beat you a little bit, steal your tv, or whatever and not actually harm you violently?

I purchase guns for numerous reasons. I purchased an AK-47 because growing up because I was fascinated by them thanks to all the cold war stuff about Communists and their AK-47's. It was a purchase because I had the money and always wanted one. I have fired it but mainly it sits in a glass case to be admired by myself.

My XD was a tactical pistol that was purchased as a professional sidearm to protect myself and others in the commission of my job that was appoitted to me by the federal government. This would have sufficed for a protection gun if only it was alot slimmer.

My psl or Romak-3 was a purchase to go with my AK-47. It looks beautiful and displays well. I also use it for my days off as a target rifle to mess around with.

My new 1911 was purchased for my daily carry as it is lighter and smaller than my XD.

I'm hardly what you would call a racist texan. Guess I'll have to divorce my Mexican Jew wife so I can fit your label. :P

I'd take the free vacation, but, you know, without the hostility from forum-drama... and without the beating up your daughter part.
Implying that I have a chance of winning >.>

;D
I have seen your band pictures sir. nuff said.

Wait Colorado right? I have a friend there. I'll take the free trip, but I take the payment for the trip before I travel. Deal.

That would be a very interesting visit. You are welcome to visit if you wish but I seriously would insist that you get a hair cut first.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
I'm hardly what you would call a racist texan. Guess I'll have to divorce my Mexican Jew wife so I can fit your label. :P

YOUR MARRIED TO HENROD. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :D

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:29 AM »
Because as he indicated, he wanted to carry it for protection. And you can definitely hide an AK inside your jacket.
WOW LOL!!!!!!!!!!! if a cop at holland sees a ak47 or a little handgun, in your jacket or backpack ( except if ur a cop ) your in the cell for like 1 year

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
To protect your family.. from what! Where do you live?! :O

The law is very different in the UK btw, if someone breaks into your house and you hurt him (hit him over the head with a frying pan and cause actual bodily harm), he is able to sue you, and win. I'm not making this up either, lots of real examples of this here.