Author Topic: shock caught multi accounting  (Read 19013 times)

eugenics

• Stingray
shock caught multi accounting
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:54:54 AM »
7 15 72 [*=*]dinobeeff 18 173.33.10.117:7163 20520

dplogin shows its not shks account, dinobeeff.

http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=viewmember&playerid=62093 

dinos dplogin

here's shks ip

| sHK (shockwave@CPE00096baff24c-CM001947931b92.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) [Internic Commercial]

[12:52am] [N] Resolved CPE00096baff24c-CM001947931b92.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com -> 173.33.10.117

http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=viewmember&playerid=8753

shks dplogin account

multi accounts

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: shock caught multi accounting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »
Moved to issues for committee.

(Committee: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=19340.new#new)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:48:32 AM by jitspoe »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
I think 'not sure' That Dino is Bleezy's brother. So I assume this would fall under Sharing Accounts if thats right?

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »
Idk they tried to pull that on us in the server but we looked up his ip. So GG

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »
i'm not sure if that is multi accounting when you use someone else's account. this kind of issue has not come up before so we will see how the committee decides on this.

also jitspoe your link links to something else entirely

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:50 PM »
Hmm idk then, but vlad its for the committee only thats why it sends to something else

Bleezy

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
this aint counted as mutli accounting so what u crying bout Dude?!?!?

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:17 PM »
1. Jits has merely made a mistake while copying URL - Committtee: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=19340.0
2. Sharing is banable offense as well, let us investigate further.

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »
Bleezy please refer me back to the spot where i cried k thanks. I clearly didnt even start this so be quiet and learn how to read intercourse face.

Bleezy

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »
Dude ur just mad cause yall lost like always u cant admit the facted. u prob didnt post but u were crying to ur clan to post it so its same thing

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
stop raging and let the committee decide.
they have the story it was not multi account but he played under both if that is against the rules then maybe a penalty needs to be issued. if not no. but i don't it deserves the same penalty as hacking or muti account these offenses should be kept separate.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 06:37:48 PM »
I wasn't aware of this rule at all,since it hasnt really happened much. vLaD is right , there shouldn't really be harsh ban times,if any at all, for this until the rule is made clear.(just my opinion, dont flame me please :( )

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
Them posting in this thread doesn't affect the committee deciding. They are discussing the topic, which doesn't change anything about the committee decided.

Vlad: Sharing accounts IS bannable since SuMMit had 16? extra days for using FaNtoMs account. There were a few other cases about sharing passwords i'm pretty sure. But the committee will  probably have to take time in figuring out if they will ban him, if so for how many days, taking in that it's not a big thing, but he has been banned two times prior to this. So usually they add to the prior bans right?

I garantee you shk knew it was a bannable offence before doing it. He just wanted to play and 3iob was probably curious how some 'random' was doing good, so they checked server logs and found out it was the same as Shk's IP.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
He used multiple accounts, ban.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »
i just don't think it should be added to previous ban times. since this offense was a minor one. and if you add i think it will be overkill ++;

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »
i just don't think it should be added to previous ban times. since this offense was a minor one. and if you add i think it will be overkill ++;

I'm sorry vlad but, he has been banned twice before this, he has had enough chances imo.

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »
Bleezy stop putting words in my mouth we rocked you on pfroest=YOUR MAP then second map we notice someone we have never seen before come in so we all left i never ran my mouth. Another thing it wasn't even a clan we beat a fun clan why would i be mad. I'm Simply cleaning up this community buddy.

Also myers you are exactly right we seen he not playing like a newbie so we looked up his ip and we was correct on who it was.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
Hmmm. I kinda agree with vlad in the 'not joining the previous bans'. Not sure what the rule on this is, and I'm aware I wont have any influence since it's entirely up to jitspoe and the committee, but as Myles said, this isn't a very clearly stated rule.

Shk used the account, and played like he normally would knowing he was using a random unknown account of a bad/new player. So, i'm assuming he really didn't know about this rule otherwise he probably would of been smarter about it, and it wasn't even a match, it was a pickup game so he had no real reason on using it. Not everyone checks for each bannable offence, they just go on mIRC find a match and play. Don't check dplogin besides names/clans. I only knew this was bannable because of what happened to SuMMit.

So not sure what was planned, whether adding to previous bans or not. But IMO it shouldn't be added on, and I do not clan with him, not being like OMG DONT BAN MY BUDDY, just heard from gwb that it wasnt even a match or anything so I asked shk about it, and he had no clue it was a bannable offence. Don't want the whole community to start flaming cause they hate shockwave, but that's just my opinion.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »
What ever happened to getting banned 3 times = Perma ban? :D

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »
To be honest, banning people for using other people's accounts to evade bans I could understand. Multiple accounts, pointless ban.