Author Topic: shock caught multi accounting  (Read 19031 times)

Olbaid

• Autococker
Re: shock caught multi accounting
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 10:29:54 PM »
What is the point of point of having a login system if you could play on other accounts?

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 10:42:19 PM »
What is the point of point of having a login system if you could play on other accounts?

The real question is why have cheat detection when you can still cheat.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 10:45:10 PM »
The real question is why have cheat detection when you can still cheat.

Indeed.

shep

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 04:38:36 AM »
Ive known other players that have swaped accounts and played with others and nothing has happened to them? Do you think we should be really fussing over 1 account that was shared then other major hackers in the community?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 06:14:13 AM »
 Why would you even share an account?`I do not understand how 'sharing' is ANY different from multi accounting... Both are to hide your real identity, both should be punished by the same measures.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
I went on it once for fun I wouldn't do it again now that I know it could be bannable, but it was just for fun, shep bleezy and capo were 3v3ing then they had a 4th so i came in on bleezy's brother's account because they didn't want to play me and they ended up leaving anyway, like seriously it was a scrim who wants to sit obs and not play when they can. Its up to the committee to decide, but I went on bleezy's brothers account and played half of hellsurvivors, first time i've ever done it, and I personally think that if there were to be a ban, bleezy should not be part of this because it was my idea, and he didn't know about this dumb rule either.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 12:09:41 PM »
...now that I know it could be bannable.... ....first time i've ever done it...
I'm pretty sure I told you it was bannable when you were using someone else's account a month before too.  And you seemed to understand this when you kicked me from your vent when I went to see if it was you playing on a different account. So you were notified of a bannable offense last time you did it too. :/

And straight from the DPLogin Account Creation page:
Do Not Share Your Account
If your friend or brother gets banned while using your account, don't come crying to the admins to get it lifted.  We won't do it.  Protect your account information so other people can't use it.  Logging into another person's account is also not permitted and may result in a ban.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:50:35 PM by Justinph5 »

Snoopdog123(CheMiCaL)

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »
And straight from the DPLogin Account Creation page:
Do Not Share Your Account
If your friend or brother gets banned while using your account, don't come crying to the admins to get it lifted.  We won't do it.  Protect your account information so other people can't use it.  Logging into another person's account is also not permitted and may result in a ban.

+1

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »
I went on it once for fun I wouldn't do it again now that I know it could be bannable, but it was just for fun, shep bleezy and capo were 3v3ing then they had a 4th so i came in on bleezy's brother's account because they didn't want to play me and they ended up leaving anyway, like seriously it was a scrim who wants to sit obs and not play when they can. Its up to the committee to decide, but I went on bleezy's brothers account and played half of hellsurvivors, first time i've ever done it, and I personally think that if there were to be a ban, bleezy should not be part of this because it was my idea, and he didn't know about this dumb rule either.
Well, since your going to get a ban for that, want to come forward about all the other accounts you have used as well on your computer?

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
What a dumb rule this isn't hacking at all, kill the game more. Im pretty sure many people have had friends play on thier accounts before... so stupid.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
Multiple accounts isn't hacking at all either.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
Should be more focus'd on finding real hackers, come up with a build that catches the real hacks not this crap. I'm pretty sure multi accounting is making another account if you already have one am I right? So this isn't multi accounting at all...whatever.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »
Ok so if multiple accounts isn't hacking then why are people getting banned for it. Are they ending up getting banned because of the committee hating on them? Thats the only other explanation.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »
So, you don't get the big picture do you.  You are using someone elses account, therefore you have access to 'multiple accounts' and you can use either account whenever you want, one which is you and another one to hide your identity to who you actually are.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
So, you don't get the big picture do you.  You are using someone elses account, therefore you have access to 'multiple accounts' and you can use either account whenever you want, one which is you and another one to hide your identity to who you actually are.

Make a detection system for it then. Get the person whose account was used to change the pass??? If there was no permission then there could be a punishment???

Snoopdog123(CheMiCaL)

• Stingray
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 06:23:37 PM »
lmfao shk you told me you dont care if you get banned, someone is addicted. I'm guessing after 1 week of ban he's gonna commit suicide.  

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »
Make a clear rule about this then, not just oh you might get banned but were not sure. Re-edit the multiple account rule.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »
Make a detection system for it then.
Suggest how we detect multiple accounts.  Yes, we could limit 1 account per hardware ID or IP address, what about friends and brothers?  How do you get around that issue?  Its almost impossible.
Get the person whose account was used to change the pass???
What if they intended for it to be shared?
If there was no permission then there could be a punishment???
Thats why we look into things before we ban/punish people.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »
lmfao shk you told me you dont care if you get banned, someone is addicted. I'm guessing after 1 week of ban he's gonna commit suicide.  

Right after I banned you from uR vent because you wont shutup you come on here. Im not talking to you at all cameron pm me irc?

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
Limiting 1 account per IP adress and Hardware ID would work, and why would it matter if friends and brothers come over and play? Im sure alot of people have had a gathering with some friends and just gamed out even if it was thier account who gives a crap. I've played people who have said thier brothers was playing etc.

What you mean by intended to be shared.

Well thats good because this is stupid.