Author Topic: shock caught multi accounting  (Read 19006 times)

Snoopdog123(CheMiCaL)

• Stingray
Re: shock caught multi accounting
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 06:30:34 PM »
not mad about that. i could careless. and i said hey shk and your like WHAT YOU WANT ARG IM SO PISSED IM GUNNA GET BANNED AGAIN.  Cry more shk CRY

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »
When you make your account it says: Each player can only have 1 account. etc... Aswell as Do not Share your Account. This thread is because you used another account which is a ban, but Cameron asked you to come forward about other accounts you've had on your computer. So, you might want to start by answering that honestly instead of 'if you have had other accounts' them finding out. Coming clean about it all right away will most likely give you a better chance of getting less days.

Just because MultipleAccounts/Sharing Accounts isn't hacking, it's still a violation of the rules. The bantime isn't as long for the obvious reason that it's not as bad. You're arguements are getting mad at the committee and stuff about the rules. They can't do anything, they just watch demo's and vote on bantimes.

Shockwave: Your arguements are going nowhere. The rules are stated when you make your account. Whether you knew or not. Just stop fighting it, let the banstick come, and wait out however many days. The more you flame and cry to the committee members will make it more likely that they get annoyed and vote higher.

There is a difference between having a friend over and letting him play on your account or something, then playing on a guys account from a different country to hide who you are so you could play without the other team complaining.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
np, i've been completely honest about everything.

Snoopdog123(CheMiCaL)

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »
hmm i highly doubt that.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:26 PM »
So, you don't get the big picture do you.  You are using someone elses account, therefore you have access to 'multiple accounts' and you can use either account whenever you want, one which is you and another one to hide your identity to who you actually are.
Having access to multiple accounts is not illegal. Specifcally, it is illegal to SHARE the information, but nowhere does it say it is illegal to receive account information. That is, if you were to go tell me your password, you should get banned, not me. He did not create the account, nor is it his so you can't stick the "multiple accounts" offence to him. Read the rules.

Rules quoted:
Do Not Share Your Account
If your friend or brother gets banned while using your account, don't come crying to the admins to get it lifted.  We won't do it.  Protect your account information so other people can't use it. Logging into another person's account is also not permitted and may result in a ban.
May result in a ban for who? The person logging in or the person who shared the account information?

Based on the above logic, Shockwave does not have multiple accounts, so he can't be banned for that. Furthermore, the rules do not specify who should be banned for logging into somebody else's account. Until there is some clarification or change of the rules, I would say that technically he did nothing illegal.

Perhaps you committee members should read the rules more carefully?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »
Can you read?

Logging into another person's account is also not permitted and may result in a ban.

That shows that the person logging into another persons account can get a ban.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 03:41:56 PM »
Can you read?

That shows that the person logging into another persons account can get a ban.
You're making assumptions here. If it was meant for the person "logging in" then it should say "Logging in to another person's account is also not permitted and may result in a ban for (whatever) account."  Like I said, it doesn't say WHO the ban is towards. As of right now, it may result in a ban for both players, or only one. It should say specifically; rules aren't meant to be ambiguous.

Do yourself a favour for the future and stay away from all things pertaining to law.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »
its a controversial rule... so why not give him and the bunch of ppl who have also done this another chance? Now, that they know, they could start off fresh..

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
Well when I was on the committee, we had a few situations of people using other peoples accounts. They got a 16 day ban alongside the person that shared it I believe.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »
You're making assumptions here. If it was meant for the person "logging in" then it should say "Logging in to another person's account is also not permitted and may result in a ban for (whatever) account."  Like I said, it doesn't say WHO the ban is towards. As of right now, it may result in a ban for both players, or only one. It should say specifically; rules aren't meant to be ambiguous.

Do yourself a favour for the future and stay away from all things pertaining to law.

Umm, no I'm not.  I know all the rules.  I would not have been on the committee for so long if I didn't.  You may get a ban for using a shared account, you may get a ban for sharing your account. 

Why would you get banned for sharing an account?  Someone coming over to your house to play while they are banned on your account.

Why would you get banned for using a shared account?  It almost the same as multiple accounts.  You have 2 accounts to use.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »
Everyone could argue about this for a while... I just wanna know who its gonna hurt if people who violated this rule are given a second chance, i mean its not like they hacked or anything. Once its made clear, THEN you should ban people who break the rule in the future.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
...Once its made clear...
It is clear.......my gosh quit crying people. no offense to just you, but to everyone else in this thread...  WHY ONLY CRY FOR SHK???  We've had others that we've banned for sharing accounts, and we've banned many for using shared accounts.... It's been done many times before, and NONE of you have complained or voiced a different opinion for them, so why start now???

So until you guys actually give a crap about this COMMUNITY, and not just SHK, nothing of what you say is going to matter... We've had these situations before, and are handling it properly, as we always have, just like everything else...

(hehe I actually got upset there at stupid people :P I'd love to see them on committee trying to handle scrutiny from everyone else in the community.)

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
It is clear.......my gosh quit crying people. no offense to just you, but to everyone else in this thread...  WHY ONLY CRY FOR SHK???  We've had others that we've banned for sharing accounts, and we've banned many for using shared accounts.... It's been done many times before, and NONE of you have complained or voiced a different opinion for them, so why start now???

So until you guys actually give a crap about this COMMUNITY, and not just SHK, nothing of what you say is going to matter... We've had these situations before, and are handling it properly, as we always have, just like everything else...

(hehe I actually got upset there at stupid people :P I'd love to see them on committee trying to handle scrutiny from everyone else in the community.)

well dude, sorry if i seem like im a shk supporter. Keep in mind, i havent been a part of the community that long, and ive never seen an incident like this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
Ban added.  He also had an account called "titanium", which was only used on his computer.

Previous ban thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13832.0

Promaster

• Stingray
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
i agree on jusu

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »
umm i understand why he got banned but why would u ban him for 50 days ? u added previous bans ?

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 08:59:18 AM »
You can add all dp players ban on him if you want lol +9999 days then he come clear.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2010, 09:03:49 AM »
IP: 207.61.195.10 (hits: 36)
- Hardware ID Like: %,19889,% (hits: 0)
- Hardware ID Like: %,214437,% (hits: 0)
- Hardware ID Like: %,539830,% (hits: 0)
- IP: 74.110.95.21 (hits: 0)
- IP: 99.249.30.29 (hits: 26)

None of those are my ip address.

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »
Time to lighten the mood

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
(Hey, what up girl?)
Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city
(Lets go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back

I'm talking pedicure on our toes, toes
Trying on all our clothes, clothes
Boys blowing up our phones, phones
Drop-topping, playing our favorite CDs
Pulling up to the parties
Trying to get a little bit tipsy

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock, on the clock

Ain't got a care in world, but got plenty of beer
Ain't got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here
And now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

I'm talking about everybody getting crunk, crunk
Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk
Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk

Now, now, we go until they kick us out, out
Or the police shut us down, down
Police shut us down, down
Po-po shut us

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

DJ, you build me up
You break me down
My heart, it pounds
Yeah, you got me
http://www.elyricsworld.com/tik_tok_lyrics_ke$ha.html

With my hands up
You got me now
You got that sound
Yeah, you got me

DJ, you build me up
You break me down
My heart, it pounds
Yeah, you got me

With my hands up
Put your hands up
Put your hands up

Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »
We've had others that we've banned for sharing accounts, and we've banned many for using shared accounts.... It's been done many times before.

How long were they banned for