Author Topic: [Feature] user's national flag  (Read 15826 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
[Feature] user's national flag
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »
Add an option to select a country on the dplogin website.

If a user has set it, show the flag in the users profile and in front of the name in the clan profile on the website. It should shown also at the scoreboard ingame (splat - national flag - username - ping - kills - death - graps - caps - time), if a user is logged in. Users which haven't set it or which have no account could have nothing or a white flag with a questionmark.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature] user's national flag
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »
This would be great and maybe easy to implement.

+1

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
+1 :)

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
good idea:)

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 03:37:42 AM »
Not bad idea ;). Then there could be made some statistics as well. Not like the poll which was here some months ago - it wasn't much objective.
And would it be possible that pb2 would automatically search your nationality?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 04:28:44 AM »
I guess it's a good idea. But everyone is going to be jealous of the Australian flag.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 05:36:55 AM »
+1 for this idea. :)

Maybe national flag built in-game next to nick and/or next to nick on scoreboard?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 05:45:12 AM »
And would it be possible that pb2 would automatically search your nationality?

How should that work?

Maybe national flag built in-game next to nick and/or next to nick on scoreboard?

Pls read my post again.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 05:47:45 AM »
How should that work?

Well, the new advanced serverbrowser could aumatically set your language, so I thought it could be on some similar principle.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 06:08:50 AM »
It uses the language from ur windows. But for example austria has a german windows. I don't think, that the people want have a german flag.
It could be IP based, but thats maybe too much work.

lester456

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 06:13:05 AM »
Trackmania Nations Forever uses that, it sets your avatar to your country's flag.

And yes, it could be IP based, but I don't think it'll be much work, take the popups for an example - they automatically detect your country/state and put a pop-up in your language, or a product that is popular in your country.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 06:42:18 AM »
Great idea, +1.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 06:55:18 AM »
And yes, it could be IP based, but I don't think it'll be much work, take the popups for an example - they automatically detect your country/state and put a pop-up in your language, or a product that is popular in your country.

Maybe thats only the language from the browser. It works for windows and linux, but has the same problem like the windows language.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 11:01:28 AM »

lester456

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
Maybe thats only the language from the browser. It works for windows and linux, but has the same problem like the windows language.

I use the english version of Vista, and none of my programs are in Croatian, if that's what you meant.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »
I can tell apart Czechs, Germans and Brazilians quite easily, just by their style of playing and ping alone. This isn't bad idea though.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 02:19:30 AM »
It uses the language from ur windows. But for example austria has a german windows. I don't think, that the people want have a german flag.
It could be IP based, but thats maybe too much work.
i've seen a handful of instances where setting my language to english involved clicking on a UK flag. and no, i don't particularly like it, but i can deal with it. after all, "English" is from "England", where our ancestors came from.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 11:36:30 AM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10231

-1.  Seems like this would just promote more chauvinism than the game already has.  I could see people getting flamed on servers simply because they have a Czech flag, and half the people will probably pick some country they're not actually from.  Plus it just seems like a waste of resources to have all those flag icons.  Personally, I couldn't care less what country players are from.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »

-1.  Seems like this would just promote more chauvinism than the game already has.  I could see people getting flamed on servers simply because they have a Czech flag, and half the people will probably pick some country they're not actually from.  Plus it just seems like a waste of resources to have all those flag icons.  Personally, I couldn't care less what country players are from.

That's just rascist to think that.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »

ip / host ?