Author Topic: Serverbrowser Bug - Incorrect Kill Count  (Read 3521 times)

abnormal

• Autococker
Serverbrowser Bug - Incorrect Kill Count
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:18:09 AM »
Hey,
I'm not sure if this has already been posted before, but I didn't find it anywhere so let's suppose it hasn't.

When I just watch some match on serverbrowser the kill's count jumps up and down. How's this possible? Does it happen just to me?

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Serverbrowser Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »
I experienced this when I was refreshing very often, other than that it works flawlessly.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Odd.  Could you take some screenshots showing what you're talking about?

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
If a player is alive, it will show the kills of this player and if a player is dead and spec another one, it will show the kills of the other player, I think...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
If a player is alive, it will show the kills of this player and if a player is dead and spec another one, it will show the kills of the other player, I think...
Interesting - could you try to reproduce that and see if that's actually what causes it?

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »
Yes, I tried to reproduce it together with T3RR0R15T and it works exactly the way I thought.

I observe T3RR0R15T, so ingame I see the count of T3RR0R15T's kills in the top right corner while I'm having 0 own kills.

The serverbrowser shows the kills I can see at the moment in the top right corner, but I have 0 own kills.

So it is possible, that the count of your kills in the serverbrowser can jump up and down.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10232

K, not sure how difficult this will be to fix, so I'm putting it on the feature vote for now.  I should really re-do the interface for the server browser reporting so it can report more info (kills, deaths, grabs, caps, etc).

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: Serverbrowser Bug - Incorrect Kill Count
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Please look into this again. Its a really small thing, but its annoying as intercourse

and reading the above comments, this has always been the case, those numbers fluctuate, and are mostly always incorrect. people who are obs in matches who have never entered the match sometimes have kills.