Author Topic: help me start a server please  (Read 992 times)

rhysflod1

• PGP
help me start a server please
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:11:59 PM »
Ok i followed the instructions in the doc/FAQ, but it aint very well said lol, could someone help me please i did the beggning of, myserver.cfg and map roation is all good, BUT when it comes to the create  a shortcut and stuff, it dont make much sence, and i dont understand thats the mainpart of it i dont get lol, please help me

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: help me start a server please
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:59 AM »
Create a shortcut to paintball2.exe (right click and drag paintball2.exe to the desktop or wherever you want the shortcut to be, then select "Create Shortcut(s) Here" from the dropdown). Right click on the shortcut and go to "Properties." Under the "Shortcut" tab, click on the "Target:" edit box. Press the END key, and add the following: " +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes). Make sure there's a space between the "exe" and the "+set". Now just hit OK, doubleclick on the shortcut and it should start up. It'll pop up a window with something like "====== Paintball II Initialized ======". You can copy this shortcut into your start menu under start|programs|startup and it will run every time windows loads.
Then, if you type "exec myserver.cfg" into the control box, your server will start.. I can't see how thats hard to follow. :P :P