Author Topic: Cheat Detected: Streem  (Read 19151 times)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
Re: Cheat Detected: Streem
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »
l0l, u got banned?
l0l, u posting excrement?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
I got banned, then time passed and I got unbanned, but jitspoe decided I was banned for too short so he banned me again with doubled time.

that's probably why old people always say "everything used to be better"

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:48:05 AM by Squeeze »

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »
Btw. Seems like jitspoe forgot to put ban information on forum.
Nah jitspoe didn't forget. He did the same thing with my ban as well. He knew I would turn that thread into troll/flame thread :P.
My first ban was correct .. the other day i deleted the WH from PC ..So I don't know why. I have everything in order.
Take it up with Jitspoe. Don't do what I did and flame/troll everyone that posts in this thread and multi-post like crazy. It won't help l0l.
that's probably why old people always say "everything used to be better"
l0l. LOL. I lol'd pretty hard on that. Old is Gold. Haha

#PACFOETHEEWIN

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:39:13 PM by Toxiic »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 06:39:24 PM »
You never responded to my emails.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 06:58:50 AM »
Awwww SPAM (hint: jitspoe deleted my post).
LOL I'm dumb, forgot to send post! Sorry jitspoe to accuse you.

True post:
Nah jitspoe didn't forget. He did the same thing with my ban as well. He knew I would turn that thread into troll/flame thread :P.
[...]
#PACFOETHEEWIN
Oh, maybe thats why I'm not banned lol. It would be ultimate troll thread.

l0l payl, u can only lick my real excrement.
They see me rollin', they hatin'.

I'm astonished jitspoe you are able to tell if somebody wrote to you, I thought your mail responding was just pure random.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:26 AM »

Not sticking up for this guy but the email I signed up with I never use. I think it would be easier to pm someone on the forums instead of emailing people. I personally hate email and only use it for work. I'd say a majority of the people who play this game don't use the email they used to sign up with.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »
Next time, maybe inform the committee. Streem is in our clan and it would be easy to get in contact with him.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »
Or post to this thread, at all. Maybe an informative post like "Streem read your email" here would be nice (people who know streem, would tell him to do it, even if he didnt read it here). Relying on only one mean of communication is a plan to fail to communicate with that person.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:26 PM »
When people download a new video game and make their first account, they often don't expect to stick around for years. So, they use random-throwaway emails. It's pretty rare that someone uses an email they actually check for a video game... I only check my university email, and I'd never use that for a video game.

What's the point of a committee member if you'd rush into a ban because of the person not responding to emails? Email is a first means of contact, sure, but when that isn't responded to it shouldn't result in a ban - it should result in another means. I'm assuming this ban is textures as "he didn't respond to emails" - where the email was likely a warning to change textures. But if the message never gets across, it's unfair to ban. (This is completely wrong if it was an actual cheat, but if that was the case I don't understand how emailing is relevant).

But anyways, committee has better ties with the community and should be used as such. Otherwise they really have no use. They are your means of contacting and communicating with members of the community to solve issues. They're just an extension of what you don't have the time/ties to do. So, use them as such.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:51 PM »
When people download a new video game and make their first account, they often don't expect to stick around for years. So, they use random-throwaway emails. It's pretty rare that someone uses an email they actually check for a video game... I only check my university email, and I'd never use that for a video game.
I usually troll jitspoe, but this time I have to take his side:
I have same email as registered, also jitspoe probably knows my mail, but I can reply on PM too (except for one on account payl).
I do see people wouldn't use real mail in their profiles, but we can't expect jitspoe to keep searching people that won't answer. He probably just haven't thought of asking committee to help and banned him since he wasn't answering.
I wouldn't see not seeing mails as excuse to get to "other means". If you register, you might expect that someone wants to contact you, let it be admin, if you fail to answer to it, you get consequences.
I think jitspoe made right decision, basing on what he knew. Otherwise he couldn't ban anyone who simply rejects to reply to email/PM. If you fail to receive mail sent to address you gave, you take consequences.
You have to remember that jitspoe isn't one who has to contact people before banning, he just wanted to warn him. Since he didn't listen, he was banned. I think this was right decision in spite of knowing he haven't heard it. You failed to provide correct e-mail address, you take consequences, no matter how many people do it or what other means of communications there were. Jitspoe doesn't need to inform you in any way, but he does, yet you fail to receive.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »
Or post to this thread, at all. Maybe an informative post like "Streem read your email" here would be nice (people who know streem, would tell him to do it, even if he didnt read it here). Relying on only one mean of communication is a plan to fail to communicate with that person.

i really dont want to see streem banned, but just to defend jitspoe.. i think he already opened a topic about players with dead email addresses.

But anyways, committee has better ties with the community and should be used as such. Otherwise they really have no use. They are your means of contacting and communicating with members of the community to solve issues. They're just an extension of what you don't have the time/ties to do. So, use them as such.

yeah, i totally agree.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »
Just to clarify:

Streem was detected using cheats and/or unfair modifications.  I sent him a warning email to multiple email addresses he had registered/listed on his profile to give him a fair chance to correct this.  The emails did not bounce, implying the email addresses were not dead.  He was detected again later and he was banned.

It's not really that complicated, and it didn't seem like there was a reason to involve the committee.  I'm pretty sure he understands why he's banned.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »
I don't disagree on banning him just think email isn't the best way of contacting people for a video game.

The only thing I disagree with alot is 1024 days. People are getting banned the same for a cheat as if they distributed it.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »

The only thing I disagree with alot is 1024 days. People are getting banned the same for a cheat as if they distributed it.

Sorry, but I'm an english nub.
Does that mean you think the ban is too long or too short?
Google translator put out some excrement.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
I don't disagree on banning him just think email isn't the best way of contacting people for a video game.

I don't agree on first one: It's jitspoes choice how and if he wants to contact them. There always be some problem contacting, for example: If you PM payl -> I most likely will not find out, if you PM not_payl_obviously it will take me some extra time (since notifications wont reach me), and if you use my email (that is registered on my GLS account) I will have messages in about 5 minutes.
Email is standard way to reach people on internet, it's not jitspoes fault people doesn't check their inbox or they enter incorrect email.
But I do agree on second thing: I hate that everyone gets banned "as jitspoe feels" now. You can get banned for wh for 32days and for speedhack for 1024days. I think it's related to jitspoe having enough of dealing with cheaters, but IMO he doesn't do much to fix it (PAC being example here, albeit bit outdated).

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 05:06:31 PM »
I'd like to take jitspoes side. I usually bash him(I luv u) but this time(like most) is not his fault. Streem deserved the ban he got. IMO I don't care if he even used illegal textures, the fact that he was using them is a good enough for a ban. Also the FACT that jitspoe actually SENT him a email (I'm pretty sure jitspoe isn't stupid enough to not send him a PM like he just clarified below which he DID so) is pretty merciful. Also, if your not going to log on forums for months and not use the EMAIL that you registered your account for, shows your not willing to communicate with others in the game. I get the fact that people make a random email to register their accounts with, but you have the ability to change it. Once someone knows they like a game and will stick around( heck even create a forums acc), then I believe that person SHOULD of changed their email to something that they would check idk like every month.

LOL funny thing was that I msg jitspoe on irc as a joke saying "you banned streem for not responding to your emails?! That's cruel..." And people here are being serious about it LOL!
Just to clarify:

Streem was detected using cheats and/or unfair modifications.  I sent him a warning email to multiple email addresses he had registered/listed on his profile to give him a fair chance to correct this.  The emails did not bounce, implying the email addresses were not dead.  He was detected again later and he was banned.

It's not really that complicated, and it didn't seem like there was a reason to involve the committee.  I'm pretty sure he understands why he's banned.
/GG solo'd.

@Streem tell jitspoe I don't understand why I'm banned. Its pretty funny :P (DON'T try it lol.....unless you wanna get bodied by jitspoe hard.)

@MyeRs- You back?! Welcome back sexy thang.(No homo) I know you came back for me.

Was about to post this, as a joke obvsly(inside):
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:27:06 PM by Toxiic »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »
Not trying to take the defense here, because as you said, he got banned for reason. Still i would like to see whats happening, not just in banlist, also in forum. When you ban someone, make post and tell us that it has happened (not because i want to, but because you did it with everyone else). The way you actually did the ban this time seemed like you woke up one day and was like "hmm whom i didnt ban enough this year, oh yea, streem!" Boom, ban for 1024 days.
And thats why there is so much commotion about it :p

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »
Not trying to take the defense here, because as you said, he got banned for reason. Still i would like to see whats happening, not just in banlist, also in forum. When you ban someone, make post and tell us that it has happened (not because i want to, but because you did it with everyone else). The way you actually did the ban this time seemed like you woke up one day and was like "hmm whom i didnt ban enough this year, oh yea, streem!" Boom, ban for 1024 days.
And thats why there is so much commotion about it :p
Not really how it works. Cheat detection is a complete sector of it self. (What I think) jitspoe can prolong it, but eventually a ban has to be made. And also, when I was banned too that's how I got banned there was no info that was posted on the forums. Read what I said earlier.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 07:03:57 PM »
Sorry, but I'm an english nub.
Does that mean you think the ban is too long or too short?
Google translator put out some excrement.

2long.