Author Topic: Multi account Aveiro, youtube  (Read 38325 times)

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: Multi account Aveiro, youtube
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2013, 02:55:28 AM »
oh cmon what the intercourse.. argue here and ban people over textures:D

1. these normally modified textures dont give u any advantage
2. people dont use them to gain advantage
3. since when are textures illegal wtf
4. why dont just make sunmans pack the official pack ? everyone will be happy and less job for jitspoe
5. this game is already " dying " or what ever so it is stupid to argue here about worthless things like textures

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2013, 03:20:51 AM »
But rules are rules mate ;d

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »
what rules ?

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2013, 05:13:41 AM »
I don't think there should be different rules on textures on public-servers and match-servers. Newbies find even speed servers competitive. No sense whatsoever to make seperate rules.
And after all, people complaining about the textures play much more in matchservers than in pubs so how would that help at all? And finally, if there really is advantage to be gained then it would be so unfair for the poor noobies.

Been watching this texture saga for a while now and it all seems to be just about that those czechs want as light and bright textures as possible and jitspoe on the other hand wants to keep them as realistic as possible and full of details. So you're pretty far from each other. I personally like both jitspoe's and those light textures and to be completely honest, in my opinion textures dont give significant advantage unless you go REALLY overboard. I could be wrong, though. However, it is hilarious that we are having a world war here about textures.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
While I disagree with your point about public servers (I don't think people should be allowed to use neon models on solid backgrounds on pub servers), this wasn't on a pub server.

I can understand that.  I suppose that is just my "wishlist".  If it never happens that is fine.  I am not sure how TF2 does it but the mods there all see to be very similar to the originals, nothing that would give that much of an advantage.

But until there is a real way to have legal textures enforced I don't think it is fair to ban people for trying to make their game look nicer.  Like I said I think those textures look great and I think that is the reason people use them.  They aren't doing it just for an advantage.

I just think there has to be a real way to enforce this rule before we can start banning people for "trying to get an advantage".  Maybe some kind of check on the pball texture folder to ensure nothing has been modified.  I would also suggest including the HR4 textures with the game download, could be a secondary option like:  1.  Download vanilla version     2.  Download high-res version.

I don't think there should be different rules on textures on public-servers and match-servers. Newbies find even speed servers competitive. No sense whatsoever to make seperate rules.
And after all, people complaining about the textures play much more in matchservers than in pubs so how would that help at all? And finally, if there really is advantage to be gained then it would be so unfair for the poor noobies.

The point of public server is just to have fun.  I understand where you and jitspoe are coming from though.  Maybe I'm taking it a bit too far with different options for public/match servers.  It works well in TF2 but maybe DP is just too old of this kind of thing to work.

I personally like both jitspoe's and those light textures and to be completely honest, in my opinion textures dont give significant advantage unless you go REALLY overboard. I could be wrong, though. However, it is hilarious that we are having a world war here about textures.

I agree with this.  I don't really think it is a world war though =p.  More like a conversation that is hopefully productive.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2013, 06:20:18 AM »
So are there any final results about my ban or not yet?

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »
I am bored of checking forum every day.. Will be there any changes in my ban or not? Jitspoe didnt answer me yet.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
I am bored of checking forum every day.. Will be there any changes in my ban or not? Jitspoe didnt answer me yet.

A vote is up now.  We will hopefully have a result in a couple days.

Smacker

• Stingray
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2013, 02:02:01 PM »
Unban him finally.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
The longest voting in my life.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
Ban reduced to 64 days.

Bangy

• PGP
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2013, 11:13:10 AM »
Congratulation :D

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »
Woah nice. But I still think its too much :) Nvm thx

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
See ya soon in dp aveiro. :D

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
Woah nice. But I still think its too much :) Nvm thx

lmao...this guy

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2013, 04:33:36 AM »

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »
Player ID:   75243
Names registered:   youtube, sine, neuros, smallzy, artime, aveiros, incoming, gunited
Is there any chance to get my old ID back?