Author Topic: Ratbot: [xp-2]WyZe  (Read 14274 times)

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: Ratbot: [xp-2]WyZe
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 09:30:13 AM »
or just accept that people have good shots every once in a while

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »
He stopped his demo, plenty of people do it. I mean, it CAN seem suspicious to some people, but even in your demo theres no points that look like he used an aimbot. So in my opinion it's not something the committee should waste looking into, although they really can't look into anymore. What more information can you get? Nothing detected, Demos show no proof, thus the obvious resultant of nothing happens.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
The whole argument here could have been properly avoided IF he would have gave that as proof from the start.

He stopped his demo, plenty of people do it. I mean, it CAN seem suspicious to some people, but even in your demo theres no points that look like he used an aimbot. So in my opinion it's not something the committee should waste looking into, although they really can't look into anymore. What more information can you get? Nothing detected, Demos show no proof, thus the obvious resultant of nothing happens.

The committee has to look into things like this. Threads like these are a perfect example of time wasting. It could have been avoided, Wyze wouldn't feel that everyone is against him, and some of us could save a minute not responding to these threads if people like this would simply comply when asked. I agree nothing looks suspicious but the whole demo stopping story seemed out there.

joox

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 12:42:21 PM »
The whole argument here could have been properly avoided IF he would have gave that as proof from the start.

True.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:08 AM »
He stopped his demo, plenty of people do it.

Even if you stop it very quickly there will be a .dm2 file?!??!??!

Plenty of idiots then.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2010, 03:25:16 AM »
I want a new rule.  You don't stop the demo.  You keep demos up to a week, incase it gets requested.  After that, do what you want.  Therefore theres time to request a demo, but its not hogging space on your prehistoric harddrive.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
I want a new rule.  You don't stop the demo.  You keep demos up to a week, incase it gets requested.  After that, do what you want.  Therefore theres time to request a demo, but its not hogging space on your prehistoric harddrive.

you got my vote!

I checked my demo map and found out that the biggest demo's I have have are approx. 1,5mb (for those with a prehistoric harddrive... 3,5 inch floppy disks would do the job ;) ). This means with playing 5 matches a day, you would need an average 50mb to be kept free.

Don't try to tell me that your computer can not handle this!

joox

• Stingray
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
I want a new rule.  You don't stop the demo.  You keep demos up to a week, incase it gets requested.  After that, do what you want. 

you got my vote!

I checked my demo map and found out that the biggest demo's I have have are approx. 1,5mb (for those with a prehistoric harddrive... 3,5 inch floppy disks would do the job ;) ). This means with playing 5 matches a day, you would need an average 50mb to be kept free.

Don't try to tell me that your computer can not handle this!

Agreed. Set up the poll! I already had a case where I asked the demo the and th person said he "STOPPED" the demo. What's the ban time if someone fails to provide a demo?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2010, 12:16:52 PM »
What's the ban time if someone fails to provide a demo?

Banning someone for not having a demo might be a bit harsh. If you have someone you don't like, you just make forumposts until you find a match where he doesn't have a demo of.

However, I do think there should be more possibilities for the commitee to ban someone if there are enough suspicious moments on other demo's provided about this player. I just fear there won't be enough understanding from the community for such a decision.

Let's put up a vote

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
Banning someone for not having a demo might be a bit harsh.

This is something you need to check on. Apparently, this is what happens if a demo is requested by the committee and the player does not comply. We have always said anyone should be able to request a demo from anyone as long as it is within reason. If the average player requests a demo and does not get one by the accused all they will do is go to the committee and cry until the committee makes a formal request which if denied results in a ban. It boils down to the same thing I think. We should have a set standard here for demos. Especially in the match scene.

OrGaZMiC

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »
Hey man, how can you have a 15 year old computer running Windows XP?

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 09:28:04 AM »
And for jimmy post, sometime into one server when guy change map , only the previous map is save in dm2 file. So that can be a problem for me.