Author Topic: Cheat/Mod Detected: *STaRz*MuFF  (Read 17253 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Cheat/Mod Detected: *STaRz*MuFF
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:53:48 PM »
Names used:
Sicko
*STaRz*sicko
*STaRz*MuFFy
Freakie
*STaRz*Hexed
Hexx
MuFF
*STaRz*MuFF

IP's:
99.243.100.248 = CPE002129c57066-CM001bd7ac4a7e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
99.243.102.213 = CPE001ee5041543-CM001ac30e9cfa.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
99.243.117.254 = 99.243.117.254

DPLogin ID: 5199

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Cheat/Mod Detected: *STaRz*MuFF
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
Bans of popular players tend to fill up with pointless, inane, and off-topic comments.  I'm simply trying to keep things clean.  Here is the kind of posts I've been deleting:

lol

jitspoe is on a roll

OMG

Shocking.

ooooo foooyeee

muffy...

And then the flood of "Why was my post deleted?" comments.

Maybe you want to scroll through 10 pages of that crap to find posts with actual content.  I don't.  It's also a pain for second offense bans when I have to start a new thread or delete 5 pages of crap because things have gotten out of hand.  It starts out with the simple "lol" posts, then people start commenting on other people's posts, then the posts about other people who are banned and shouldn't be posting on the forums, then it degrades to name calling.  I'm jus trying to nip this at the bud.

Here are some simple guidelines:
- If your post isn't about Muff's ban, it will be deleted.
- If your post is less than one sentence, it will probably be deleted.
- If I, or another moderator, feel your post contributes nothing to the discussion, it will be deleted.

That said, there isn't a whole lot to discuss.  I'm 100% sure he was cheating.  I have more evidence on him than just about any other player I've banned.  Since he refuses to come clean, I guess I'll explain what he was banned for, since I know you're all curious.

Back when modded maps were all the rage, I created some new detection for them.  There weren't a whole lot of people using them at first, and the detection was still kind of in the testing stage.  Then muff shows up using them.  I expressed my disappointment in him, figuring he had enough character to immediately come clean and apologize, but he played innocent the whole time and managed to convince me that there must have been an error in my cheat detection.

I spent a couple months reviewing and testing the code to see if there was any way it could have possibly generated false positives, meanwhile, other players, thinking modded maps were undetectable, distributed hacked maps like wildfire, and the cheating really got out of hand, but I didn't want to ban people based solely on what might have been false positives in the cheat detection.  Eventually, I had to, and pretty much all of the people banned admitted to exactly what was detected.

Then, a couple days ago, I see Muff using modded textures and add the long-overdue ban.  I decided to test this honesty by having him send me a screenshot.  The textures in question in his screenshot were conveniently removed/replaced, so now I know 100% that he has been lying to me, too.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
How about, Lock all the threads about hackers and Only you can add anything to them. Then you wouldnt have to worry about the pointless posting.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »
It is very unfortunate that Muff cheated. I would never have suspected that Muff would cheat then proceed deny it over and over and continue to cheat.

For me this raises another question. How many people are wallhacking in some form and able to hide it completely?  No one would have suspected Muff of hacking even while he was hacking, he was able to hide that he was cheating. How many others could do the same?

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
It is very unfortunate that Muff cheated. I would never have suspected that Muff would cheat then proceed deny it over and over and continue to cheat.

For me this raises another question. How many people are wallhacking in some form and able to hide it completely?  No one would have suspected Muff of hacking even while he was hacking, he was able to hide that he was cheating. How many others could do the same?

Bix is right.

IMO There probably ARE a handful or even a dozen of other long time players with 'ridiculous skill' who also have found undetectable methods to exploit the game. Problem is, since they're already so well known and have been playing so long no one really questions or suspects that they're cheating in anyway.

Hopefully this makes the DP2 community open up their eyes a little more on it's old school players.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:50:23 AM »

For me this raises another question. How many people are wallhacking in some form and able to hide it completely?  No one would have suspected Muff of hacking even while he was hacking, he was able to hide that he was cheating. How many others could do the same?

I guess I agree with bix

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:01:07 AM »
I don't think there is a many that clever players (like muff) who could hide their hacking/cheating. Most of them usually want others to see their new "skill" so it's easy to find them...

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
I don't think there is a many that clever players (like muff) who could hide their hacking/cheating. Most of them usually want others to see their new "skill" so it's easy to find them...

it's not clever. muff did not need to work on his reputation like some newbie's trying to get better. he was good so i don't understand why he did this. slight advantage yes. and i never expected this out of him either.

Promaster

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
well thats what he gets for trusting noobs though. coz he asked for their textures and there was prolli something rigged on it so when they got banned he got banned as well

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:44:54 PM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 09:38:35 AM »
Detected again.

Names used:
Frags
[muff]
*STaRz*DR.MD
*STaRz*Frags
BAM
*STaRz*Bam
*STaRz*MuFFy
MuFF
*STaRz*MuFF

IP: 99.243.100.248 = CPE002129c57066-CM001bd7ac4a7e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com

DPLogin IDs:

256 days unless he comes clean... some people never learn. :-\

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »
well that blows.... cya muff n tini.

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Quick question.. I play on the same computer as muff so wouldn't my names be mentioned as well if this were to be true?

He does not hack, otherwise that would mean I hack.

Which I obviously don't.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
TiNi, it's names used while hacking. So, even though you play on the same computer the hacks were used while those names were playing. Your brother was hacking, not you, so no your name shouldn't be mentioned anywhere. But you do get caught in the ban since you share computers, see you in 256 :(

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 03:50:56 PM »
So I talked to MuFF.  We both play on the same computer, same files, same settings, yada yada yada.... If there is ANY proof of him hacking then it should be also associated with me.  We are using the original game.  I talked to him and he's using the EXACT same things I use.  MuFF wouldnt lie to his own brother about a video game.  It doesnt make sense how he is the only one to get blame for it when i'm using the exact same settings and folders.  So in referral or answer to my previous question would lead me to believe this is a huge misunderstanding.  I have checked all the files in our dp folder and found only original content w/ the high res package downloaded from the fourms   - -  - This was done post  previous ban.. 

In fact I've walked into the room MANY times while he matches and no hacks have ever been displayed.   Quite honestly, i would like for this whole fourm topic to be disclosed.  THIS is a public invitation for jitspoe to validate and inform any new findings that would alter the game. 

With much respect: MuFF and TiNi.

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
As well i dont often check dplogin.  Email joe.depalma@hotmail.com

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 05:28:55 PM »
2nd offence is 64x2, not 128x2.... (Unless you're saying 128x2 since he didn't come clean last time, but either way 2nd offence should be 64x2 with ability to reduce upon coming clean. Consistency would be appreciated!!!

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »
Back when modded maps were all the rage, I created some new detection for them.  There weren't a whole lot of people using them at first, and the detection was still kind of in the testing stage.  Then muff shows up using them.  I expressed my disappointment in him, figuring he had enough character to immediately come clean and apologize, but he played innocent the whole time and managed to convince me that there must have been an error in my cheat detection.

I spent a couple months reviewing and testing the code to see if there was any way it could have possibly generated false positives, meanwhile, other players, thinking modded maps were undetectable, distributed hacked maps like wildfire, and the cheating really got out of hand, but I didn't want to ban people based solely on what might have been false positives in the cheat detection.  Eventually, I had to, and pretty much all of the people banned admitted to exactly what was detected.

Then, a couple days ago, I see Muff using modded textures and add the long-overdue ban.  I decided to test this honesty by having him send me a screenshot.  The textures in question in his screenshot were conveniently removed/replaced, so now I know 100% that he has been lying to me, too.
Myers, after reading this it made me think that jitspoe might have given him a longer ban the first time and if he didn't then I'm wrong and I'm sure he had his reasons for the current ban, if he did, the reason is pretty clear.

Not all cases are the same and we have to make our decisions upon the information we get. Not sure on how long was the 1st ban but I'm sure jitspoe didn't give him the 256 days randomly.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »
Idias, this isn't the place for me to start a huge thing on the topic, but let's just say it isn't the first time a ban was randomly given out without any possible explanation to the length (not saying thats the case exactly in this case). I can prove this to anyone who doesn't believe, just pm me or something.

He had 64 days with the ability to shorten to 32 last time. He didn't come clean, he told everyone that it was textures. Jitspoe got fed up and posted what it was, so the ban time didn't get reduced. So I understand the reasoning behind 128, I just do not agree with it. 2nd offence should be 128 days, with the ability to be reduced to 64. (Sure, he may get the same ban time twice, but that would mean the 2nd time he came clean).

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
Idias, this isn't the place for me to start a huge thing on the topic, but let's just say it isn't the first time a ban was randomly given out without any possible explanation to the length (not saying thats the case exactly in this case). I can prove this to anyone who doesn't believe, just pm me or something.

He had 64 days with the ability to shorten to 32 last time. He didn't come clean, he told everyone that it was textures. Jitspoe got fed up and posted what it was, so the ban time didn't get reduced. So I understand the reasoning behind 128, I just do not agree with it. 2nd offence should be 128 days, with the ability to be reduced to 64. (Sure, he may get the same ban time twice, but that would mean the 2nd time he came clean).

W/E MYERS!!!!

Seriously, We all know about the inconsistencies in ban lengths. There is discussions about reviewing the guidelines to solve this issue. When it comes down to it, I honestly think the committee should be able to decide amongst themselves a individuals ban length. This should be based on a quite a few things. Like admittance, why waste everyone's time when you know you are guilty? How about Honesty? Why not just be honest instead of trying to mislead individuals? Seriously, what he did to jitspoe was wrong in so many ways when he gave him the benefit of the doubt. This caused months worth of extra work for jitspoe that he could have spent doing something else.