Author Topic: Build 30  (Read 48576 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Build 30
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 02:23:17 PM »
Maybe update your virus scanner.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 03:41:31 PM »
I downloaded this build and it says it has a Trojan. So whats up with that. Thanks
Which virus scanner are you using?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
Its bad when [NRG]Unleash is going around on his server telling everyone build 30 is laggy, then banning me when I try to tell him that its his server that is laggy. Hope no one believes him.

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »
Its bad when [NRG]Unleash is going around on his server telling everyone build 30 is laggy, then banning me when I try to tell him that its his server that is laggy. Hope no one believes him.

It's sad that you spend your time going into people's servers and start talking smack completely unprovoked, get kicked as a first offense, banned as a second, then come back a few days later to simply talk more smack, get banned again, and cry on the forums. I could tell you're a great committee member.

Now, for the grown-ups: I'm experiencing lag when using build 30, but when I revert back to build 29 the lag goes away. This lag is NOT server side, I have visited multiple servers as well as went on my own in which I never experience lag and ping from 7-15. I've also lowered my graphics/texture settings to make sure it wasn't my hardware and that the build 30 upped my video settings on it's own and I simply didn't notice it. Any ideas?

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 04:28:02 PM »
It's sad that you spend your time going into people's servers and start talking smack completely unprovoked, get kicked as a first offense, banned as a second, then come back a few days later to simply talk more smack, get banned again, and cry on the forums. I could tell you're a great committee member.

Now, for the grown-ups: I'm experiencing lag when using build 30, but when I revert back to build 29 the lag goes away. This lag is NOT server side, I have visited multiple servers as well as went on my own in which I never experience lag and ping from 7-15. I've also lowered my graphics/texture settings to make sure it wasn't my hardware and that the build 30 upped my video settings on it's own and I simply didn't notice it. Any ideas?

Considering the pure immaturity of the NRG "kids" I sincerely doubt that Jusu entered their server talking "smack".
They ban just about anyone. I've even been banned for no real reason other than I apparently wasn't liked.

Jusu is VERY well spoken and grown up, please refrain from speaking such falsities. There is no need to flame.

The NRG server is also "Home Run" which means it has horrible random lag spikes, perhaps you are running into some bad luck when you update to build 30?
Either that or you are using Win 7 which I have heard from a couple people that they are experience network lag issues.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 04:33:26 PM »
Lol easy on buddy. I don't know what exactly happened and Jusu may not have been right, but isn't it a little immature as well to kick/ban him for having criticism on your behavior? :P

Actually I understand his reaction. Why do you spam around that Build 30 is laggy, etc.? New players might pick this up and quit the game before getting to know it, because "someone said this game is bad". Isn't the forum the best place to discuss any bugs?

On-topic; not enough knowledge to answer your question

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 04:51:46 PM »
Considering the pure immaturity of the NRG "kids" I sincerely doubt that Jusu entered their server talking "smack".
They ban just about anyone. I've even been banned for no real reason other than I apparently wasn't liked.

Jusu is VERY well spoken and grown up, please refrain from speaking such falsities. There is no need to flame.

The NRG server is also "Home Run" which means it has horrible random lag spikes, perhaps you are running into some bad luck when you update to build 30?
Either that or you are using Win 7 which I have heard from a couple people that they are experience network lag issues

First and foremost, i'm not a child. And the only two users who have ever been temp-banned is Jusu and yourself under another name. You were temp-banned for the same reason as Jusu. Do not say otherwise, I have the logs and possibly some screenshots to prove it.

As for your input, I do not run Win7, so I do not fall under that. But thank you.

Lol easy on buddy. I don't know what exactly happened and Jusu may not have been right, but isn't it a little immature as well to kick/ban him for having criticism on your behavior? :P

Actually I understand his reaction. Why do you spam around that Build 30 is laggy, etc.? New players might pick this up and quit the game before getting to know it, because "someone said this game is bad". As you are the first one reporting this bug(s) 2/3 weeks after release, I assume the problem is indeed on your side, and not build 30.

On-topic; not enough knowledge to answer your question

You are completely mis-informed. He was not kicked for criticizing my behavior, he was kicked for talking crap about my personal/clan server unprovoked. He then comes back and I say that he's welcome to stay as long as he doesn't continue (I question why. that if the server lags for him and if he hates the server so much, why does he chose to stay and play in my server?) but he decides to continue talking smack which is why he was temp-banned. I made sure to take screenshots since he's a committee member and it will be his word against mine if anyone complains to me.

As for me "spamming"/parading that build 30 is laggy this did not happen the way you think. I ran build 30 and booted up my personal server and started experiencing choppy unexplained lag, so I mentioned it in my own server, which only had about 4-5 users in it at the time, all of which were my friends and are my server's regulars, that:

[17:49:34] [NRG]UnLeaSh: BUILD 30 MAKES ME LAG

Then I asked if they had the same issues themselves, so I could see if it wasn't just me.

So I am not anywhere near in the wrong here, and the truth is being twisted, but I won't have that.

Anyway, for the most part i've solved the situation and it was due to minor hardware issues, I had to tweak some more settings to fix this.

Thanks for the input everyone, Have a nice day.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 09:27:01 PM »
People talk crap about alot of things.  uR servers used to lag soooo much, yet noone got kicked for saying anything about it, they just bought new servers, which in turn were a lot better.  Don't kick people from your server for something like that.  Consider it feedback, and do something about it.

Oh and you probably don't get lag on your own servers because of the fact that if your getting 7-15 ping, its most likely home run, so you have a direct connection to it...

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: theSYNDIKATE

due to minor hardware issues, I had to tweak some more settings to fix this

;)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 11:27:35 PM »

You obviously deserved it. Correcting people is just wrong Jusu, you should know that.

TheGreatPainke

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »
Well i know its just a simple bug but you cant mark any single player at the score by clicking on them anymore. Just getting grey for a second. Its not a big deal, just wanted to tell you.

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 09:27:57 AM »
People talk crap about alot of things.  uR servers used to lag soooo much, yet noone got kicked for saying anything about it, they just bought new servers, which in turn were a lot better.  Don't kick people from your server for something like that.  Consider it feedback, and do something about it.

Oh and you probably don't get lag on your own servers because of the fact that if your getting 7-15 ping, its most likely home run, so you have a direct connection to it...

Not relevant. My only clear rule is to be respectful in my server, when a random join's up and immediately starts saying things like:

[18:46:35] [ELIM] martinlawrence: home servers are aweful!
[18:46:44] martinlawrence: get a real one

unprovoked, I don't take any personal offense to it, I just don't like him undermining my server in front of all my regulars. For a committee member, he should know not to bash someone's server simply because he doesn't like it, he should just leave if he lags, play on his preferred server, and shouldn't complain about getting kicked since he doesn't like the server anyway (in turn i'm doing him a favor). The door is still open to him as it has been since the server started, and I don't care if he wants to willingly come in, know he's gonna lag his ass off and play bad, as long as he realizes there's nothing he can do about it then he'll be fine.

Anyway, for a home-based server, the only people who ping high or lag are those who are far from where my server is based. Of course it will have spikes once in a while, but which server doesn't?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
If you're going to use logs, use it showing the whole event. People complaining it's laggy, and then you ban instantly anyone who says it's because of the bad server itself. Those logs aren't even from the time you complained about build 30...

I actually had a nice chat with one of your clan members who was willing to chat about it in a pub, he says you all talk about how bad the home server is anyways, why ban someone when they say the same thing?

Now this thread is about build 30, you we're telling people in your pub that it's build 30 that causes lag. When I try to tell them it's not build 30 but the server, I get banned, so I came in here to warn people that it is not build 30, and hope they wouldn't listen to you in the matter.
due to minor hardware issues
It seems that you were mistaken in the matter also, hence why I wanted to warn people of the accusation of build 30 in the first place. You say you then asked other peoples opinions in the server, I wouldn't know, you banned instantly before even asking a question or opinion... Please don't come in here arguing about why you banned me or about your home server, when my concern was about build 30 and people being told false information about it.

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »
If you're going to use logs, use it showing the whole event. People complaining it's laggy, and then you ban instantly anyone who says it's because of the bad server itself. Those logs aren't even from the time you complained about build 30...

Those logs were from your initial kick and then follow-up ban, they were produced so that anyone who questioned me would have a general idea of as to why you would be kicked for a similar offense at another point in time, in case you bashed my server again. I would also like to see evidence of those others whom I have "ban[ned] instantly" for saying "it's laggy."

I actually had a nice chat with one of your clan members who was willing to chat about it in a pub, he says you all talk about how bad the home server is anyways, why ban someone when they say the same thing?

I would like to see this supposed conversation of myself talking about how bad my own server is, as well as the chat you had with my clan member.

Now this thread is about build 30, you we're telling people in your pub that it's build 30 that causes lag. When I try to tell them it's not build 30 but the server, I get banned, so I came in here to warn people that it is not build 30, and hope they wouldn't listen to you in the matter.It seems that you were mistaken in the matter also, hence why I wanted to warn people of the accusation of build 30 in the first place. You say you then asked other peoples opinions in the server, I wouldn't know, you banned instantly before even asking a question or opinion... Please don't come in here arguing about why you banned me or about your home server, when my concern was about build 30 and people being told false information about it.

[17:49:36] [xP]Color: we jsut switched it
[17:49:39] [xP]Color: ye
[17:49:40] [CC]martinlawrence: no, its your server
[17:49:44] [CC]martinlawrence: its bad
[17:49:49] [CC]martinlawrence was kicked
[17:49:49] [CC]martinlawrence disconnected.
[17:50:14] [ELIM] [NRG]UnLeaSh: dude
[17:50:18] [ELIM] [NRG]UnLeaSh: im spiking in my own server
[17:50:22] [NRG]UnLeaSh: wtf is with build 30
[17:50:27] [NRG]UnLeaSh: did this happen to you too color?
[17:50:38] [ELIM] [xP]Color: well its ur server makleing me lag
[17:50:41] [ELIM] [xP]Color: but idk about u

Now, you are obviously going to state that you were trying to defend build 30, when all you were doing is clearly bashing my server, don't deny it either, because you and I both well know that I will not lag and spike in a server that I am directly connected to, and that the lag that I was experiencing at said moment did not derive/was caused by my server, so the following statement

[17:49:40] [CC]martinlawrence: no, its your server
[17:49:44] [CC]martinlawrence: its bad

was taken as another offense in my server, which is why you were temp-banned from it.

Like I said a few posts ago, I mentioned that build 30 made me lag with no explanation and that I had asked others if the same had happened to them upon downloading and running build 30. I DID NOT accuse build 30 of being a laggy build, I only stated that I personally experienced lag while using it.

As for my posting on this thread, I have already discussed my own problem with build 30, my problem has also been solved, thus any other statements that I have posted which you feel strayed off-topic, were only in my defense upon question.

Since I no longer need to post here, I shall not. I will be putting this behind me and if you feel there is any further discussion that needs to be done Justinph5, you can send me a personal message.

Thank you.
[NRG]MaG!c

Johnyboy

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
jitspoe, I have Norton as my virus scanner. Thanks

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
jitspoe, I have Norton as my virus scanner. Thanks
I'm contacting them now.  What was the name of the trojan it said it was?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »
 Hi, Thesyndikate

Just to clear things up:
Noone is personally attacking you when they say that the homeserver is bad. Its just that it is like common knowledge or something :P.

Johnyboy

• PGP
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
I dont know but I will download it again and check. Thanks

Johnyboy

• PGP
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
Hi, Thesyndikate

Just to clear things up:
Noone is personally attacking you when they say that the homeserver is bad. Its just that it is like common knowledge or something :P.

Don't recall saying that.