Author Topic: Cheat/Mod Detected: Foxhound  (Read 21367 times)

Prime24

• VM-68
Re: Cheat/Mod Detected: Foxhound
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »
but the thing is, the rules dont say anything about an added open source file like peer-blocking, thats banning for not liking something. so if u dont like me u will ban me? also if he got banned for any CSS hacks, his CSS hacks were not in his dp folder so it should not be detected, any detection of CSS hacks outside his dp folder is against terms of use. besides CSS hacks have nothing to do with dp

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 01:35:18 AM »
Lets just leave it that, shall we?  He emailed jitspoe, jitspoe can settle it.  Fox, you agreed to let Paintball 'scan your computer' when you installed it, and it doesn't say what its gonna scan, therefore hes not breaching privacy because you agreed to let him.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 01:41:01 AM »
ok cam last post then:

his agreement is not legally binding.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »
ok cam last post then:

his agreement is not legally binding.
Ok, my last post.

You agreed to it, so its your problem.  There are reasons for these licence agreements.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 01:46:31 AM »
he cant scan my whole computer just because i have his game? he can scan his dp folder but not my whole computer thats invasion of privacy

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 03:03:51 AM »
I have hacks in my Paintball2 folder, pretty much everything yet I still haven't been banned for it.(I don't use them). Even have hacks for Combat Arms and some other games sitting around. I'd really doubt Jitspoe would go to all the trouble of scanning someones computer to find hacks, especially considering there is over 100,000 people that own accounts.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 05:05:15 AM »
 Foxhound hacked his little heart out. Now acting all lawyer and excrement. Fail!!!

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »
Let me try to explain this. There are many games out there that you can get hacks/mods w/e you want to call them for. Most of them are programs that install separately from the game folder. Hence creates it's own folder. It is an executable file that runs and connects to other *files* of the game you want to hack. So installing an AA or something similar in a separate folder/directory from paintball still will get picked up since it has to connect to the game server to be used. lol Oh well.

If you didn't hack pb then it is only a matter of time since you no doubt see no problem with hacking other games. Kinda sets the tone to everything. Good luck.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »
I dont give a flying intercourse about the ban, i care about my privacy.

God, stop raging and read the thread.

This:
Funny excrement is he can only detect them when you are using them with paintball...  And I love reading about how all of you think its illegal.  He can't see jack excrement on your computer.  He can DETECT if something is modified, or if something DETECTABLE is being used.  Once detected, he can tell what it is.  He does not have access to the files, he is just able to find out what the file is that is being used as the hack, or modified.  Otherwise why would he ask you to submit the hacks?  Hes not meddling stupid, unlike yourself.  Just wait till you absolutely get stonewalled by him.  Happens almost everytime.

This...
He cannot look at your files.  He DETECTS modified files.  If you do not know what that means, I shall explain it to you, but I really cbf'd.  Everytime you connect to a global login server, or a server that is on the public list, THEY are connected to the dplogin server, otherwise they wouldn't appear on the serverlist.  When you login, you are connected.  I honestly dont know how it all works, but I'm sure there is a way there to get information about a modified file around peer blocker...

And this...
OHHHH excrement.  Looks like you agreed to let your computer be scanned.  Its in the licence agreement man, and you agreed.

Now wait for the answer on your PM. Raging the forums will only ruin your reputation as soon as Jitspoe publices the details of your ban, and will for sure not get you unbanned ;)

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »
Sorry to INVADE your PRIVACY "CHRIS123"!!!! Please don't get your "LAWER" to SUE US!!  ;)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »
Some points:

Firstly, the master server and GLS are hosted on a server jits pays $$$ to keep running at ThePlanet.com - that's why you see stuff going there.

Secondly, the EULA is legally binding - that's why you have to check the box saying you agree before you can install.

Thirdly, to "scan your files" jitspoe would need to check the hashes of hundreds of files against a long list of cheats he'd have to maintain. This simply isn't practical. Currently, the cheat detection scans a changing subset of texture files to make sure they haven't been modified as checking all of them would simply take too long and eat CPU like crazy. Extending this to other files than those related to digitalpaintball would be insane. However, if you had hacks for another game loaded in memory, they might be detected.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »
If you didn't hack pb then it is only a matter of time since you no doubt see no problem with hacking other games. Kinda sets the tone to everything. Good luck.

So basically if someone does not hack paintball but hacks lets say urban terror and they have a ratbot that works only for urban terror they will be banned if the cheat detection picks it up? i dont care about what kind of tone u set for urban terror as long as you havent hacked paintball you should not be banned. is that why people get banned? for hacking this game. even owning hacks for a entirely different game means ban in this one? this is unjust

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »
Sorry to INVADE your PRIVACY "CHRIS123"!!!! Please don't get your "LAWER" to SUE US!!  ;)

Stop antagonizing other players and being sarcastic; Your a member of the committee and 2 times now you have been off topic being sarcastic and trying to make another player seem foolish, lead by example; cant their be a temp-ban from the forums for going off topic?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »
Prime, we herewith officially install you as our new forum troll. Please keep up the good work, so we might enjoy your ban soon :-*

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »
Prime, we herewith officially install you as our new forum troll. Please keep up the good work, so we might enjoy your ban soon :-*

ban for what? correcting? its not my job to make sure everyone stays on topic its urs so why are you threatening me? is it because he is in the comittee

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
What he's saying is that your posts provide entertainment for people with half a brain. He is also suggesting that since you always defend hackers that you will be next.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
haha banned from game for defending hackers?

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
You really don't understand what I'm saying do you? lol.  Since you are always defending hackers, he is suggesting that you will be next to hack. Don't know if I can make it clearer.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 04:09:28 PM »
Prime24, your reading comprehension sucks. flip meant that if someone has no problems hacking in game A, he won't have any problems hacking in game B either. Which is true.

The reason why people do not want to hack (even if it was allowed), is because that would ruin the game for those that aren't hacking, therefore ruining your fun as well if you cared about anyone else other than yourself that is.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »
Actually I meant that raging the forums without willing to read what someone posts (trolling) is annoying and I hope a forum moderator will give him a little vacation to cool down. I have made no assumptions about a possible ban from the game.