Author Topic: UPLOAD DEMOS HERE!  (Read 55363 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
UPLOAD DEMOS HERE!
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:14:25 PM »
Test.

Want to show off your keygrip skills? Posting a match demo for review? Here's a nice new easy place to do it:

http://www.banterous.co.uk

Give it a go and tell me what you think :)
It supports q2 demos as well as paintball, as the formats are basically identical.

It's a beta, there are probably many bugs, please report them if you see them :)

If you have Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome, Safari or Opera, please use them instead of IE, as the site uses CSS3, which IE ignores.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:21:41 PM by flip »

idias

• Autococker
Re: NEW: Demo Sharing Site
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
Love it, clever thinking Vic

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:57:31 PM »
This is a good idea. Do the demo's automatically get deleted after a certain amount of time? Otherwise wouldn't this use all of your hosting space?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:37 AM »
Great idea. Made also very nice. I like the stuff like view chat. Will it be easy to find the right demo if there are too many of them? I'd like to see something like: DaRk vs. eX, or something like this - yes could be put in the description, but it makes it more difficult to find it quick.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »
Amazing idea ViciouZ. This will most definitely be used! I know this took you a lot of work to do, so thanks for putting the effort! How often will demo's be removed? ''basically kyuuchi's question''. So do you want people to just upload demo's every so often 'even if not requested' so then a newer player can view better players demo's if they want? Anyways, good idea ViciouZ. :)

-- This should be marked in the 'Demo Request section' so people just use this site instead of some other random file sharing site.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »
This is a good idea. Do the demo's automatically get deleted after a certain amount of time? Otherwise wouldn't this use all of your hosting space?

If people do manage to upload 10+GB of demos I'll look into culling the oldest ones, but currently I have so much space it's not really a problem. So currently there is no timeout on demos.

So do you want people to just upload demo's every so often 'even if not requested' so then a newer player can view better players demo's if they want? Anyways, good idea ViciouZ. :)

-- This should be marked in the 'Demo Request section' so people just use this site instead of some other random file sharing site.

The intention was that people just use it instead of file sharing sites for uploading demo files, not go out of their way to add more stuff. I've got some feedback for ideas such as categories for tournaments, like you suggested, and some from idias about adding a tags system and allowing more info to be specified about the demo when it is uploaded, such as if it's a match/hack report/jump demo.

My current stuff to work on list is basically adding more general information to the site, improving the browse page, adding a search feature and generally tweaking the theme to make it look better.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »
viciouz you stole my idea so I would like half of the profits now plz!

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
viciouz you stole my idea so I would like half of the profits now plz!
Better send that letter to the AG's office...

Seriously? o.O

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
:P

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: UPLOAD DEMOS HERE!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
*BUMP*

10/7/10 Update:
  • Added additional controls to the browse demo page which should make looking through all the demos much easier.

Is there any chance this could be moved to Demo Requests and stickied? Pleeeeeeeease? :)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
As soon as I figure out how to sticky. :)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 02:38:46 AM »
As soon as I figure out how to sticky. :)
I assume you edit the first post and then hit a sticky button somewhere.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:35:27 PM »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
That background looks familiar.  :P

I am 100% sure I told you about that on msn/gtalk/steam/xfire/fb... D:

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
Sorry to bump/double post but there are some new updates:

• Browsing system now goes over multiple pages
  • More sorting/filtering options on the browse page
  • Private demos that don't appear on the browse page
  • Easier to get a link to share with somebody

Coming soon:
  • Search by player name

Also there are now some ads, 1 set at top of page, hopefully they are not too annoying for everyone.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
I haven't really tried....but is there a way to upload my whole demos folder(1,682 Files) to that website? And no, I won't upload them one by one :P

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 01:16:56 AM »
Next update a comment section?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 02:46:03 AM »
I haven't really tried....but is there a way to upload my whole demos folder(1,682 Files) to that website? And no, I won't upload them one by one :P

Isn't it pointless? Who'd like to watch all of your demos.. Just post there your best ones.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 04:19:05 AM »
Isn't it pointless? Who'd like to watch all of your demos.. Just post there your best ones.

Obviously all my demos are great because I'm in them. Geeeez.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
Vic: bug report! the filtering thing doesn't keep my settings when i browse to the next page... i.e. the next/prev page links don't include the GET info necessary to keep the filters that were set.