Author Topic: UPLOAD DEMOS HERE!  (Read 54818 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: UPLOAD DEMOS HERE!
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 06:26:36 AM »
I have disabled downloading of compressed demos, ironically to save space on the server, as I may be switching hosting providers in the next few months. You can still download demos in .dm2 format.

I was very surprised to see uploads as recently as this month, it's nice that people still use it :)

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 08:48:46 AM »
I have disabled downloading of compressed demos, ironically to save space on the server, as I may be switching hosting providers in the next few months. You can still download demos in .dm2 format.

I was very surprised to see uploads as recently as this month, it's nice that people still use it :)
use 10 x1gb of free space at hostinger.com =D

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »
As of today, banterous is no longer accepting new uploads.

I am consolidating all my servers and hosting setups with one provider, and attempting to reduce their overall storage and maintenance requirements. Banterous will remain as a read-only site with the existing demos available for download after the change in provider.

Thank you to everyone who used the site in the last however many years, I hope it was helpful.

If anybody is interested in maintaining the website and opening it back up on their own hosting, please get in contact.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
Thank you for hosting it for so long, it has been helpful :)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2015, 10:16:10 PM »
Storage requirements growing too much, I assume?

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
I can host it on my VPS, it's just 1.7GB of data, yeah?
I can even rewrite it if you want me to do so.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »
Storage requirements growing too much, I assume?
Not really, just old PHP code I don't want to audit or really maintain any more. Left uni and don't have much free time any more, trying to make everything stay secure and run itself :) Thanks for renewing the domain, by the way. Hopefully you would be willing to transfer that to whoever ends up with it next?

I can host it on my VPS, it's just 1.7GB of data, yeah?
1.7GB of data (but with some easy PHP work you should be able to store them gzipped and halve that), some old PHP code and a 15mb MySQL database.

I've got a couple of offers through PM. I'd be happiest handing it over to somebody who would actually improve it, and even better if those who had offered were going to collaborate. There's some old code there that never got finished for doing some analysis on BSP files, and generating HUD numbers, so maybe you could finally make one site with a combined map/demo database that will last DP until it finally dies? Or gets big again :)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you'd all want to do with it in the thread, would be great to see some collaborative development around this game again. Otherwise it's probably going to ic3y, just because I've known him the longest and he's still around and hosting dp2 content.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »
So let ic3y do it, I'm not going to mess with PHP because I prefer Python + flask.
I can rewrite it though.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
Hopefully you would be willing to transfer that to whoever ends up with it next?

Of course. Hopefully they're in the US so I can actually transfer it to them.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2015, 06:55:24 AM »
Not really, just old PHP code I don't want to audit or really maintain any more. Left uni and don't have much free time any more, trying to make everything stay secure and run itself :) Thanks for renewing the domain, by the way. Hopefully you would be willing to transfer that to whoever ends up with it next?
1.7GB of data (but with some easy PHP work you should be able to store them gzipped and halve that), some old PHP code and a 15mb MySQL database.

I've got a couple of offers through PM. I'd be happiest handing it over to somebody who would actually improve it, and even better if those who had offered were going to collaborate. There's some old code there that never got finished for doing some analysis on BSP files, and generating HUD numbers, so maybe you could finally make one site with a combined map/demo database that will last DP until it finally dies? Or gets big again :)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you'd all want to do with it in the thread, would be great to see some collaborative development around this game again. Otherwise it's probably going to ic3y, just because I've known him the longest and he's still around and hosting dp2 content.

Iam not good in upgrade some php source. But I think that a collaborative development would be a nice idea.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2015, 07:43:07 AM »
So where can I access the demos now? The sight is down not only for uploads, but for downloads as well? What a shame...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
Ugh, my hosting provider are being really, really awkward. I'll sort it when I have time and send the files to ic3y

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2015, 04:40:59 AM »
Make a free account at mega.co.nz
They hose files for you just zip or rar up the files
And upload. It will give a link with a key you can copy

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »
http://banterous.co.uk is back. Everything should work now. Thanks to ViciouZ for the demo and server files.

bantero.us won't work at the moment, I need to contact webhead.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »
Great ! This website is actually used by alot of people and really useful,  I hope it will stay alive. .

Oh, there is alot of missing demos, i guess they were being a problem for the website ?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2016, 06:57:08 PM »
Great ! This website is actually used by alot of people and really useful,  I hope it will stay alive. .

Oh, there is alot of missing demos, i guess they were being a problem for the website ?
Can you tell me one ? I think I got all demos from banterous.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:43 AM »
Can you tell me one ? I think I got all demos from banterous.

I wasnt looking for one in particulary, but i just know that there are demos missing, so i was wondering why but i have actually something to ask you, could you PM me your skype ID if you are using it ? I'd like to talk with you there.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »
Thanks to webhead, http://bantero.us is now working!

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »
just send me the money for the renewal and it will keep working ;)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »
Check your paypal