Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 52844 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
None of those will be enabled. It's pretty much a standard match server settings.

I would like to see enabled guntemp. It's not very hard to play with it. We have enabled it for a year or longer on the [OTB] servers and it works great. I think the most players wouldn't notice it, but you can prevent too much lines and players who run with a line through the map. So you need a little, little bit tactic.

LoreOfSerpents

• PGP
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
In order to avoid changing rules or settings at this point, I would suggest you guys compile a list of suggestions to be implemented/changed for the next season.

About the map arguments, though, I have never seen a competition where players couldn't choose their own maps.  That sounds like a recipe for disaster in a normal competition, but it could be fun as a weekly "random map play" event from the community.  If someone wanted to organize something like that, we'd certainly do everything we can to help out.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »
The reason is to view textures, which we're currently working on being able to randomly take the screenshot once every map, and this would be the one which has to be uploaded. This saves the players 'forgetting' about taking it, and just makes them have to upload it as well, they wont know when it'll be taken.

Figured as much. I'm not sure if the screenshot freeze problem was resolved, but that's what I was referring to. It doesn't appear that anyone has reported problems with it since. I'm sure Vic will be able to figure out howto get the screenshots done automagically (though I'm pretty sure a custom server binary would be required :-\)

Now onto the discussion as to how custom hi-res textures are going to be enforced... lol. There's no standard HR4 pack, people have different tastes when it comes to custom textures. Anything beyond the obviously unacceptable single colour or greyscale textures is going to be up for interpretation. This sounds like a job for the texture police and its subsequent justice system.

I suggest just to do away with the screenshot requirement. The anti-cheat team for this league will be busy enough scrutinizing every luck-spray-shot in the hundreds of demos that they're going to get uploaded them.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »
Will there be any modifications on the maps? Maybe entity files for more fair entities?

There are a few maps with very different entities. Most of them not even have the "group" key.

And badlands (p.a.) is a nice map and I like to play it, but it has lots of bugs.

Bugs like the ones on badlands are impossible to fix without a new mapfile, I know that. But I would really like to see entity files at least :D

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
badlands is the worst map on the list. never seen anyone leave their base on that map

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 12:56:48 PM »
badlands is the worst map on the list. never seen anyone leave their base on that map

you won't see any when you sit in your own base...

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 02:20:56 PM »
If those screenshots should show if someone is playing with illegal textures they have to be uploaded automaticaly in the seconds after it was taken.
Otherwise I cannot see a problem for such people to upload a clean ss while playing with illegal textures. Think about it.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
i think we should just upload the demo......... coz whats the point of a ss?

You can hide modified content with a demo, not a screenshot.

FURYBANE

• PGP
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:43 PM »
tht Is true

gonzales

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 12:25:35 AM »
Just ask blaa & gama how to make cups/league and all is ok. thank you.
And tell us when it starts or we can't get out from work how someone from here said.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 06:20:39 AM »
Just ask blaa & gama how to make cups/league and all is ok. thank you.
And tell us when it starts or we can't get out from work how someone from here said.

Blaa is in the army and gamabunta is helping, so shhh...

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
Blaa is in the army

I LOL hard at the imagination of blaa in the army :D

-edit-
meant in a positive way ofc... just can't imagine the face of the officers when he throws up some smartass comments like he always makes

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 11:33:49 PM »
Just use the super secret committee screenshot bind. ;)

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2010, 07:11:38 AM »
Thank you viper for everything, without you, this wouldn't even possible. TY, i <3 you.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
Thank you nub for all the thought and planning for wanting to put on an event like this!   ;)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
beta/zparr11_beta is supposed to be beta/zpar11_beta :P

There has also been some problems with the recording of demos for some people, what will happen if the person 'legitly' couldn't record one?

you Forfeit if anyone else gets a demo because if it works for one person it should work for others. and if it doesnt work that means you should reinstall so that you don't forfeit again..

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »

you Forfeit if anyone else gets a demo because if it works for one person it should work for others. and if it doesnt work that means you should reinstall so that you don't forfeit again..

Thanks for answering my question. Too bad Ricochet already had :/

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2010, 01:16:35 PM »
just my thought, didnt know ricochet had the final word in everything. sorry

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »
just my thought, didnt know ricochet had the final word in everything. sorry

No he doesn't. But I'm pretty sure Butta does, '(Edit 2010-07-27: Some rules have been clarified, formatting improved)'.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2010, 03:07:47 PM »
I want to reserve a spot:

Team: What The ____?

Players[5/8]: MyeRs - Shk - CheMiCaL - SuMMit - Kazee