Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 52680 times)

ButtaKnife

• PGP
Global Gamers DP League
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »
We've had a team of several dedicated people working nearly round-the-clock to prepare for this, and here's the awesomeness that they have created:

Global Gamers is proud to announce that we are hosting a Global Gamers Paintball 2.0 League. The league will be the first time since PBCup 2006 that teams will be able to participate in a structured league format. The league is free to enter, and to celebrate the first season, there will be prizes for the top two teams!

IRC Channel: #DPLeague

Registration Info

Registration will be provided on the website. Log in to the league website using your GG NickServ account information.  Teams must have no fewer than 4 players and no more than 8. Read more about teams in the Rules section below.

Rules

Match fixtures
  • Match fixtures and timings are determined at the start of the week.
  • If both teams can agree to change a game's scheduled time in the presence of an admin, games may be rescheduled.
  • Each team has up to 15 minutes after the game's scheduled start time to have at least one player online, or else they will incur a 0-50 loss. When their first player connects, that team then has another 15 minutes to get a second player online, or else they will incur a 0-50 loss. If only 2 people on a team show up for a match, they have the option of forfeiting or playing.

Gameplay
  • Matches must be played on servers with an approved config. These servers will be labeled and include both US and EU servers.
  • No more than 6 players per team on the server.

Teams
  • Must have a minimum of 4 players and a max of 8.
  • 1 captain per team plus 1 optional "co-captain" allowed
  • Teams must be formed in advance; no new teams in the middle of the season.
  • The captain invites players to join the team.
  • Each player must accept their invitation.
  • All players must be registered on DPLogin at least one month before a season starts.
  • Teams don't have to be registered as DPLogin clans, and are made of people that want to play together.
  • No players can change clans during the season.
  • A new player may join a team mid-season if he hasn't already been part of another team during the season.
  • Not all players assigned to a team are required to play during the season.

Cheating & forfeits
  • Each player must upload the screenshot and demo of each match. Failure to do so will result in suspension from further league games until all are submitted.
  • If a team member leaves a game having informed the players/ref prior to leaving, leaving their team with 1 or less members, they forfeit which counts as 50-0 on the current map and any remaining maps needing to be played. This player must still submit a screenshot and demo.
  • If a team member leaves without informing the players/ref prior to leaving, leaving their team with 1 or less members, they forfeit the current and remaining maps 50-0, and the player who "ragequit" is suspended for the next game. This player must still submit a screenshot and demo.
  • If a player plays in any map, no matter how long, he must provide a screenshot and demo. If the player doesn't stay till the end of the game, he must get the screenshot and demo of when he played manually, as the automatic ending-screenshot won't be taken.
  • If a player is "timed out", causing his team to have 1 or less players available, then that team forfeits that map (unless the player reconnects within 1 round after timing out) and they can wait up to 15 minutes for the return until they forfeit the rest of the match. No suspensions are given out.
  • If a member of a team is caught cheating, either in or outside of an official league game, that player will be suspended from all league games indefinitely.
  • Any team with a member who is caught cheating will receive 1 warning, and they will retroactively lose any matches that member played in.
  • If a team has already received a warning for cheating and then a second member is caught cheating, that team will be disqualified from the season.

Prizes
  • Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 players from 1st and 2nd place teams.

1st place can choose between  Razer or SteelSeries mousepad,  SteelSeries headset, or  ThinkGeek.com certificate (or  Amazon.com certificate if they're in NA).
  • 2nd place can choose between  SteelSeries mousepad or  ThinkGeek.com certificate (or  Amazon.com certificate if they're in NA).
  • Top 4 players are determined by activity in matches played. Each member of the winning team for each match should submit a screenshot of the final scores. The 4 players of each team who appear in the most matches (with a high enough score to have not joined the match at the last minute) will be eligible for prizes. If there is a tie between players on the same team, the player with the higher KDR will be eligible for the prize.

Maps

• Week 1
  • pbcup_renoir
  • CCC
  • disaster
  • Sandassault
  • Wipa
  • Tie: Pbcup_sassault
  • Week 2
  • Carpathian
  • Eclissi
  • beta/Flaw_mines_b2 (Latest version)
  • Badlands
  • Duck
  • Tie: pbcup_pforest
  • Week 3-
  • Indune
  • Wobluda
  • Moonlt2r1
  • kfields
  • beta/zpar11_beta
  • Tie: propaint1
  • Week 4
  • Freedom
  • ub_colombia
  • Mirror2 (No Glitching)
  • Kalbeach
  • Sassault4_b1
  • Tie: nml
  • Week 5
  • Crimethink
  • Pbcup_everglades
  • ub_rooftop
  • Nitefactor
  • beta/twiling_b3
  • Tie: Shazam22
  • Week 6
  • Prolandr
  • Shazam33
  • coi
  • Sandtrap
  • airtime
  • Tie: OTH
  • Week 7
  • Pbcup_2fort5
  • Tatras
  • Mystique
  • Darkages
  • Sphouse
  • Tie: Castle1

Playoff maplist is based off all the tiemaps.

----------

There you have it, folks!

On behalf of Global Gamers, we want to thank everyone who has helped us plan for the upcoming league.  We'll name all of you as soon as we make sure that we have a complete list.  :)

(Edit 2010-07-26: Added map list)
(Edit 2010-07-27: Some rules have been clarified, formatting improved)
(Edit 2010-08-06: Added league website URL)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:24:00 PM by ButtaKnife »

Rewind

• VM-68
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:13:49 PM »
This is flipping fantastic. Thank you dearly GlobalGamers, and anyone who helped make this come to fruition. I have the upmost hope this helps spawn some more activity, but I'm fairly sure it will be a more than good enough reason to continue playing this game.

<3

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:59:03 PM »
And you didn't even have to ask me for my help Butta, whats up with that?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »
gl

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »
sounds good to me

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
beta/zparr11_beta is supposed to be beta/zpar11_beta :P

There has also been some problems with the recording of demos for some people, what will happen if the person 'legitly' couldn't record one?

Goodluck to everyone that plays.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »

lol, i think he means zpar11_beta :D and everyone will need to make sure that the demo starts to auto-record, especially on maps: twiling_b3 and shazam22, before starting the match. Make the captains responsible to remind their team.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »
I see so many people crying about forgetting to take a ss/demo.
Good job anyway.
There are too many maps in my opinion(too many bad maps...). One big map Pool for all weeks and alternating Tie-Maps would be enough.
When will this league start?

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »
I actually love the maplist. It's incredibly balanced as far as gameplay types.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »
Here's a pack of all the maps from the league maplist, it's a 20MB 7zip file, so you need WinRAR or 7-zip (free) to open it. Just extract to the C:\games\paintball2 folder.

Download
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:24:32 PM by ViciouZ »

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
There are a couple maps that I dislike although I know most  of them (not well but good enough), pbcup_everglades, coi are the worst there IMO. Erhm... not sure disaster as the best gameplay since one path is much faster than the other, anyways... good maplist

Rick is happy because his map is on the list  ;)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »
If there's one thing I've learned, you can't satisfy everyone with a maplist

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »
just dont understand why everyone needs to uload demo and scrn shot..

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
^So there will be no complaining about hackers...   The rules for hackers on here should be imnplemented as the dplogin rules ;)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »
i think we should just upload the demo......... coz whats the point of a ss?

LoreOfSerpents

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »
Screenshots are easier as a quick reference.

You get prizes, we get demos and screenshots.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »
^So there will be no complaining about hackers...   The rules for hackers on here should be imnplemented as the dplogin rules ;)
You would need a better more objective team to look through peoples demos...

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »
[off-topic]

You would need a better more objective team to look through peoples demos...

Guess this is an open application to review all demo's in the demo request section and confirm the suspicious times?

I had the ambition to watch every single uploaded demo when I joined the commitee. I did this during the first 2 weeks, than I got sick of the 20 demo's I watched without any suspicious moments. Than I gave it another try when the demo request subboard was opened, and again I wasted a lot of time on watching demo's of kids getting plowed. From the 45 topics in the board I think only 2 or 3 can be considered slightly suspicious.

Seriously, all people are requesting a demo should take up the responsibility themselves. If you request my demo, you should check it and confirm which times are to be considered suspicious. Than others (f.e. the commitee) can review them to verify whether indeed hacks were used, or you're just a bad loser.

[/off-topic]

inb4 commitee rage

ramayana

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »
cute idea ;]

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »
Sounds good. +1 for the maplist.

6 players can be on the server, but how many players can play?

What will happen, if both teams are not showing up?

There are 5 maps each week. How many maps will be played? Can each team choose one/two map/maps from it? Or how does it work?

Will the default match fixtures be on the weekend? Because i can't play in the middle of the night, if i have to work the next day.

Will the serverconfig based on the game's default settings (with guntemp, flagmustbeatbase, flagcapendsround,...)?