Author Topic: Newmap: Lost in the Time (FINAL)  (Read 19052 times)

selda

• Map Committee
  • Stingray
Newmap: Lost in the Time (FINAL)
« on: October 09, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »
Lost in the Time

Info:
-2 teams(red and blue)
-1 flag per team
-cap for 5pts
Map can be good for 3s and more.

Notes:
Some textures still needs to be aligned.It will be in _b2. ;-)

Screens:

Special thanks:
Testers - (die,prozajik)

Download:
http://nahraj.to/download/litt-b1-bsp
or
http://www.filefront.com/17372646/litt_b1.bsp

Needed textures:
http://www.filefront.com/17372659/textures.rar
or
http://nahraj.to/download/textures-rar-6
or

(to: C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\textures\selda\hr4)

Have fun. ;-)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:40:26 AM by selda »

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
Re: Newmap: Lost in the Time (beta 1)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »
Looks nice, I'll check it out :)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
The map looks really good for a first beta. I'll upload it to the [OTB] Beta server soon, so we can test the gameplay.

Some things:

The new texture must be in the hr4 folder (pball/textures/selda/hr4/) to have it like in the pictures. It's too big for the normal selda folder and if i place it there, i have 5 big stones for the complete bridge.
I've attached a better version of that texture (256x256 instead of 258x258). The game can work better with that size.

Should the mapname be lit_b1.bsp (short for "lost in time") or litt_b1.bsp (short for "lost in the time") or 1-lit_b1.bsp (like the nahraj.to page names it)?

sshot: You maybe should add a ladder somewhere in the near of the red marked place. The jump could be a little bit to hard for new players.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:18 AM »
Good job selda  ;).

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 03:29:52 AM »
Looks nice from the screenshots. Going to check it ;)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 06:25:39 AM »
As the others said, the map looks very good. It's not your first one, you should really try to finish your maps :)

It's also nice to see that you aligned lots of stuff. I could find a few misaligned brushes, though.

All spawns for the players have "angle" "270". You need the change the angles for the red team to "angle" "90".

I would change the "_sun_angle", too. There are a little bit too much shadows in my opinion. Make the sun standing higher. Reduce the second value for this.

sshot: You maybe should add a ladder somewhere in the near of the red marked place. The jump could be a little bit to hard for new players.
+1, definitely to hard for newer players. The shortest way must be possible for all players.

I made lots of screenshots with things you need to fix or align. Too much to post all of them here. Download the file lit_b1.rar. I'm sorry for this :D But you don't need to scare about the count, most of the fixes and alignments will be done very fast ;)

Note that a few things need to be changed for both sides! I colored everything. If you have any question, post the screenshot and I will explain it a bit more detailed.

Download lit_b1.rar (screenshots) here!

All in all I would say: If you can and will change all things the other people and I mentioned and if you will finish this map someday... :P, the game needs more maps like this.

selda

• Map Committee
  • Stingray
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 10:05:21 AM »
Some things:
The new texture must be in the hr4 folder (pball/textures/selda/hr4/) to have it like in the pictures. It's too big for the normal selda folder and if i place it there, i have 5 big stones for the complete bridge.
I've attached a better version of that texture (256x256 instead of 258x258). The game can work better with that size.
ok, i will reupload all files with correct size(256x256) and hr4 folder. (1.post edited)

Should the mapname be lit_b1.bsp (short for "lost in time") or litt_b1.bsp (short for "lost in the time") or 1-lit_b1.bsp (like the nahraj.to page names it)?
Renamed to litt_b1. (1.post edited)

I will try to add ladder in beta 3, b2 will align all textures and spawn angles for red team. (gameplay tests)

I would change the "_sun_angle", too. There are a little bit too much shadows in my opinion. Make the sun standing higher. Reduce the second value for this.
Actual _sun_angle second value is -30 i reduce it to -20 for _b2. I think, it will be better. ;-)

Note that a few things need to be changed for both sides! I colored everything. If you have any question, post the screenshot and I will explain it a bit more detailed.
I know a lot of misaligned textures in map, especially in ice area.
Beta 2 will fix this things.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 12:14:29 PM »
It's online: [OTB] Beta - 83.169.4.183:22222

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »
Really nice map, and nice jumps too.

I like it the way it is now, there are some jumps to get there, so it's harder. But if it's gonna be played on pubs, then it's a question if it's better to put a ladder there.

I've made a demo for fun of few better jumps here which are not so apparent, so you guys know from what spot is it good to start from :P.

planB

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
really good looking and playable map!

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »
i love your maps :D
nice one again
pakistan was nice but thats better:D

Chucki

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
I think so,too. And in my opinion the jumps are okay.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 08:10:21 AM »
pakistan was nice but thats better:D

u think "pakistan by sibi"?

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
screw new players let them practice harder maps so that they can learn how to play better

Chucki

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 02:50:01 AM »
screw new players let them practice harder maps so that they can learn how to play better

Right. And there are enough ways to the flag where you don't have to jump "hard".

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 09:51:33 AM »
Two ways? But the shortest way isn't possible for newer players and that's bad in my opinion. What happens if a new player goes the way direct from base to base? Most of them do that (especially if they don't know the map). Right, he will stand under the flag and don't know how to get high there...

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
Stop thinking about new players. everyone will learn with time. i couldnt even get to hbd in pp1 at first so intercourse off just let it be like it is now

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »
chef killer i don't know why you care so much for new players... we all had to learn how to jump and learn maps so they have to to. making harder jumps and maps will help them learn by watching us. then they will hopfully become active in the matching/clan scene. who is chucki? lmfao its easy to get to flag...... run around nub.

and the map is awsome some cool jumps. don't do anything to it its good enough. i hope it makes its way on to x/CC servers, would be a fun map to play.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »
I believe you don't understand the point I was thinking and writing about. PP1 is something different and you can't compare the routes. hbd in pp1 isn't the direct way to the flag and hbd isn't really necessary to get the flag. In this map it is the direct way and the jump is necessary to get the flag over this direct way.

Btw. to stop thinking about new players is one of the worst things we can do. If you think this way, you should really asked yourself if you want to have a future for this game or if you just want to be an egoist. I guess you were a new player too, sometime :-\

EDIT: I'm not against harder jumps where the newer players can learn from the older ones. But as I said a few times now, the most obvious and direct way to the flag should be possible for all players. Other much longer and slower ways aren't very important for this atm, of course they can have harder jumps.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
well really i don't see a future for this game... unless they keep doing these dp league things alot more, i belive its going to die.