Author Topic: Feature : Allowed textures list  (Read 4254 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
Feature : Allowed textures list
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:59:17 AM »
I have got an idea about uploading screenshots. If i am not mistaken there is a feature that allows committee members to force screenshot. But it is easily fakeable. If there was the feature. that the screenshot were automatically updated to some pb ftp so jitspoe can easily access them.
Or it would be good if the screenshots were automaticlly encrypted in demo so you can view them when someone upload the demo, and some random trigger to take sshot
I think that this would finally stop hackers (maybe better then anti-hack?). But it is just my thought maybe there are some problems for what it is bad idea or impossible to do.

Edit: According to responses, I decided to rename the thread.
So what about some list including allowed textures? There is not so many texture packs wich are common. I would suggest making this list so when the texture differs from the texture list it would be re-downloaded just as maps.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:42:13 PM by prozajik »

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
Re: Feature? : Auto screenshot upload
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:29 AM »
^^ good idea

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:25:41 AM »
Or it would be good if the screenshots were automaticlly encrypted in demo so you can view them when someone upload the demo, and some random trigger to take sshot

I know this option has been researched in the past, however it was not possible to implement it because of technical reasons.

Someone might check if it would be possible to implement with the current techniques.

-edit-

<added quote to clarify my post>

Webhead is right. Screenshots that are forced by commitee members are automatically uploaded to Jitspoe
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:28:35 PM by pvtjimmy »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure it already sends jitspoe every screenshot.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:24:54 PM »
Every screenshot someone makes? Who have the time to look at all the files?

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
lol :D says guy who has time to find every meddling misaglined texture in every new map :D:DD:D:D::

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
get your facts right Rocky ;)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure it already sends jitspoe every screenshot.
Great
So what about the feature that would make random sshot during the gameplay and send it to jitspoe? Btw jitspoe doesnt have to look on it but the possibility that he can look at it wozld scare most of the hackers and if it didnt then instead of watching whole demo you can just please jit to look on sshots from this date
PS: I also figured out how it could be attached to the demo its a bit noob solution but might work if there is low space on ftp or anything for sshot upload. The game could make password protected rar file wich would contain demo + sshotfrom that demo and the password could be used from some dplogin database so only jitspoe knows him.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
PS: I also figured out how it could be attached to the demo its a bit noob solution but might work if there is low space on ftp or anything for sshot upload. The game could make password protected rar file wich would contain demo + sshotfrom that demo and the password could be used from some dplogin database so only jitspoe knows him.

But...
1)Hack can just NOT upload it.
2)Most players doesn't want to lag, so they will use cheats just to disable this.
3)Hack can just make normal sshot and upload it.
Good idea to lag more.

So i don't really know why u want to add that features... rather add some IP information to demo, so jitspoe can ban just with demo. And disable support for old builds, cause they are easy to hack, not newest b31.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:23:45 AM »
rather add some IP information to demo, so jitspoe can ban just with demo. And disable support for old builds, cause they are easy to hack, not newest b31.

both of your ideas are already implemented...
With info from Jitspoe's database he can see which IP you used while playing online, but also on which PC (hardware matches) you have played.
Furthermore there is a setting to for server admins to block older builds, but probably just not all servers admins enabled that setting.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »
1)Hack can just NOT upload it.
what? sorry didnt get what you mean
Good idea to lag more.
I dont think so. If the sshot was taken on random round strat then it shouldnt be so hard problem ;)
2)Most players doesn't want to lag, so they will use cheats just to disable this.
Who would be so stupied to use hack (something for what he can be banned) just to disable lags? :X BTW:How can hacks disable lagging or taking sshots?

, but probably just not all servers admins enabled that setting.
Well i would like to add this setting to server but not all of the players have build 31 and their mates want me to lower it to build 30 so they dont need to download it :/

PS:When you are talking about lagging...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-8dwTBCLI 0:04 ^^. When some players can lag like this i dont think that another lag would be problem for them :D

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 10:58:49 AM »
both of your ideas are already implemented...
[...]
Furthermore there is a setting to for server admins to block older builds, but probably just not all servers admins enabled that setting.
About IP in demo: Thats good :-]
But i was able to enter old servers with... Build 8. If i remember good, that is because minimal build value was added in b27 and some servers are still b26. Maybe be more strict, and block also older server from being on global server list.

what? sorry didnt get what you meanI dont think so. If the sshot was taken on random round strat then it shouldnt be so hard problem ;) Who would be so stupied to use hack (something for what he can be banned) just to disable lags? :X BTW:How can hacks disable lagging or taking sshots?
Well i would like to add this setting to server but not all of the players have build 31 and their mates want me to lower it to build 30 so they don't need to download it :/

PS:When you are talking about lagging...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-8dwTBCLI 0:04 ^^. When some players can lag like this i dont think that another lag would be problem for them :D
If you catch cheater which doesn't send sshots, good job... That will be very hard...

BTW:How can hacks disable lagging or taking sshots?
If client send it (cause server doesn't load textures, so it can't just take sshot), just cut transmision off...
If client send it to server and server to FTP, then why u think that hack would like to send everything that it draw...

If the sshot was taken on random round strat then it shouldnt be so hard problem ;)
But it increase lag (nevermind how much, but it does). Also if only one sshot per map, then there is big chance to just be catched when your hack isn't visible (for WH when u don't see anyone). And, i don't know how to want to get this informations... It isn't just like pressing print screen...

Well i would like to add this setting to server but not all of the players have build 31 and their mates want me to lower it to build 30 so they dont need to download it :/
Lol, i allways download newest update, and then party 'Hurray, Jitspoe finally relased it'. But yes, b30 isn't so outdated, i thinked about b20 which i can see on some servers. Anyways, there are much games, which allways need to be at newest build, so why don't make Paintball same.

There aren't really much cheats in paintball, because most of cheats are detected very well. Except wallhack. . . I guess that server shouldn't send all players info's, just that which are visible. To make it faster, maybe map should be cut for block which are visible when you are on it. And server should send info's about only players which are on same block. Anyway, i have no idea about algorithm which will cut map to blocks...
But I'm sure that wallhack will be common until server doesn't make it more strict, so if someone use wallhack he have not really bigger chance to win... But really good chances to get banned...

P.S. Post updated because of new post so it might constain some logical mistakes.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
There aren't really much cheats in paintball, because most of cheats are detected very well. Except wallhack. . .

As far as I know, all available cheats are detectable at the moment. In case you think there's a hack that isn't detectable yet, feel free to contact Jitspoe so he can build a protection for it :)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »

jitspoe updated it to build 30 as default with the last release. So, each build 31 server (or higher), where the serveradmins don't have the sv_minclientbuild setting in the serverconfig, is limited to build 30.

But i was able to enter old servers with... Build 8. If i remember good, that is because minimal build value was added in b27 and some servers are still b26. Maybe be more strict, and block also older server from being on global server list.

That feature exist since build 7, but the last update (before the b31 update) came with build 20. So it wasn't updated since 2007.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
@payl
Wallhack is not visible on sshots (or some of the wallhacks? Didnt know that i thought that when PB takes sshot it is like print screen....
As i said that there could be some auto upload sshot feature that would upload the sshot to ftp server. Yes you could cancel transfer but if you did it jit could know that you canceled it wich is a bit weird :).
That block wich you are talking isnt it hint brush? (idk i was too lazy to decompile castle1 to see how it works :D) but it is also hard to implement as long as maps with models cant be decompiled into map :/
PS:I do the same with newest build as you but some people dont =P
@T3RRO
i have server (well icey have i just administrate it :) ) where i can set sv_minclientbuild and players without build 31 can access it. Idk if the server is build 30 or 31 so i am asking is it possible for build 31 server to be accessed by build 29 or 30 players?
@pvtjimmy
i think that there are still some of undetected but those are kept in secret within small group of people ;)
btw are modified textures detectable? if not than + another hack that works :P

So maybe what about feature that would update some of textures that are really in need to for hackers to make them some advantage? For example mid ramp texture on airtime or rock on pforest and so on (but there could be problem the size of textures :/)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
@T3RRO
i have server (well icey have i just administrate it :) ) where i can set sv_minclientbuild and players without build 31 can access it. Idk if the server is build 30 or 31 so i am asking is it possible for build 31 server to be accessed by build 29 or 30 players?

Ic3y's match servers are up to date, so build 31. You must ask him, if he has set the sv_minclientbuild in the serverconfig. If yes, it uses the value he set. If not, it has the value 30. That means players with build 30 or higher can connect.

So maybe what about feature that would update some of textures that are really in need to for hackers to make them some advantage? For example mid ramp texture on airtime or rock on pforest and so on (but there could be problem the size of textures :/)

I think there will be a texture file check, if we have an official hr4 pack. Until we have it, it is not allowed, but you can use each texture you like at your own risk.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 02:22:54 PM »
@T3RRO
Not ic3y, i did :D. I was just asking if the command still works in 31 build :).
texture file check. Why dont make some offical texture packs? I dont think there is so many different texture packs that it cannot be covered in some database? Or not just whole packs but each texture seperatly. What i mean is that when someone wanted to use other texture than texture which is in the texture pack that is accepted and noted in databse he would get kick.