Author Topic: Requesting a demo  (Read 5818 times)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Requesting a demo
« on: December 23, 2010, 06:11:25 AM »
Dear All,

due to the many requests of demo's in the last months, the commitee feels forced to introduce the following guideline with immediate effectiveness:

Whenever someone requests a demo, (s)he must post his/her own demo along with suspicious times
When times are provided, we can have a look at the demo and decide whether the demo is indeed needed, or if the request was made out of rage because of losing a match. Of course the "alleged hacker" is still requested to upload his demo, in case he spots the thread before someone has looked into the demo. This measure should never be used as an excuse not the upload a demo!

With the current way of working, we feel we will not be able to take appropriate actions. As long as everybody keeps on requesting demo's, there will be no overview in what's open, what is still to check and which can be ignored. By introducing this measure, we hope to 1) reduce the amount of demo requests (as the requester will notice most kills are made because of mistakes and not with the help of hacks) and 2) improve the influence of demo's in considering a bantime.

IMPORTANT: All requests where the requester has not uploaded his/her own demo (accompanied with the suspicious times), will be reported to a forum moderator, who will lock the thread.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:11:47 AM by pvtjimmy »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Requesting a demo
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:02:08 AM »
At first my own opinion: All of this requests are idiotic and i will not support any of it. That means, i will never make or answer a request. What's going on with you all? This game worked very well over 10 years without this requests and now everybody is pissed off each other...

Maybe this forum mod can help to give a better thread overview: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=372

+1, that a requester must upload his/her own demo too.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:17:44 PM »
Or make the detection better ;)

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
Well I have played this for a few years and real paintball since the 80s and see this problem in both genres its hillarious! Speedball matches where they argue relentlessly over the outcome and if anyone was "cheating". Once again like I said in another post this is just a game not a lifestyle! Too funny! (Yes I feel hacks are in some of the games I play but oh well it sucks but im still having fun!)

TeH

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:08:44 AM »
here you go proza