Author Topic: Bug/Tweak: group key for item_pballammo  (Read 2738 times)

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Bug/Tweak: group key for item_pballammo
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bugfix or a tweak. The group key is already implemented for all other items. It would be nice if it works for the item_pballammo entity, too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Bug/Tweak: group key for item_pballammo
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »
The group key causes the same items to spawn in the group when the map is loaded.  Ammo respawns randomly each time it is picked up.  Most other items stay the same through the duration of the map.  It doesn't really work the same way.  If you picked up one ammo item out of the group, then it respawned, what would it respawn as?  What practical use would this have?

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
I thought that it work the same way and could be implemented easily. For example, if there're two co2 items with type large and the same group, they'll be the same (maybe both items are randomly set to 12oz). If there're two ammo items with type large now (and with the same group), they could be the same, too (maybe both items are randomly set to 150 - instead of different randomly values here). Didn't notice that ammo items work different. There're more important things, if it's too complicated :)

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 06:26:14 AM »
Noticed that it also doesn't work for co2 items. Is it the same reason why it doesn't work for ammo items? Hm... grens, guns, barrels and hopper are working fine.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »
I've added a vote for it: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10273

I'm surprised it works for grenades.  Grenades, ammo, and co2 all spawn new entities, unlike the weapons/barrels/etc., which only have 1 instance.