Author Topic: Newbie Adoption  (Read 68091 times)

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Re: Newbie Adoption
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »
Clan name and tag: Tri^Force [Tri^Force]
Majority of players in clan's country: American
Language Spoken: English and w/e Haze speaks
Do you require use of IRC?: Yes
Do you require use of voice recon? If so which program?: Ventrillo

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
still looking to adopt a legit newbie... :)

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 10:32:18 PM »
Feel free to spread word of this thread to the public servers.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
To clean this up for you,
M3Rk died
Famous died
8th Wonder Trainees died

---- Also, you should talk to an admin to remove every post that isn't a legit application so this doesn't get 3 pages long. (obviously my post included in that).

Paint.clown

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »
Clan name and tag: [Retro-Name] [Retro-Honer]
Majority of players in clan's country: American
Do you require use of IRC?: No
Do you require use of voice recon? If so which program?: no
Our clan isnt the best clan but we just like to match and keep it going

Newbie application
Name:Honer
been playing for 2 years out of America and this is my first time ever using the forums

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »
Do you require use of IRC?: No
Do you require use of voice recon? If so which program?: no

How does your clan keep in touch if you don't use IRC or voice chat?

Paint.clown

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 08:25:24 PM »
 We use it but it's not required some members use Vent I dont i use Mirc to find a match or get servers i use it to its minimum

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
(1) If you don't require one or the other (or even xfire or aim/yahoo/msn/gtalk/icq/etc), I don't see how you can have much consistent interaction outside the game, and that's what makes a clan.

(2) In case you aren't aware, mIRC is just one of the many programs that allow you to access IRC servers. IRC is the name of the technology, and mIRC is just one way to use it.

(3) You "use it to its minimum"? Is there any reason you don't use it more? I mean, IRC is where the clan scene is at, and if you're not there, you won't be taken seriously. (Well, I should rephrase; even some that are on IRC aren't taken seriously. ;D )

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 12:24:09 AM »
Paint.clown/Honer, you have filled out both a newbie application as well as a clan willing to help application. Which were you looking to take part of?

If you were applying as a newbie, I don't think you meet the criteria. 2 years is more experienced than what this program is looking for.

As for the clan, I'm sorry but we are looking to set newbies up with more stable teams. I am only judging by your clan's creation date. Also this is more about teaching, not finding people a simple clan.

I'm not sure why I have the option about using IRC, because I want any and all of the people participating in this program to use it. It is crucial for the serious matching scene and community.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 05:41:26 AM »
If you were applying as a newbie, I don't think you meet the criteria. 2 years is more experienced than what this program is looking for.

Wouldn't matching clans prefer that? Somebody who already understands strafing and shooting, just isn't that great at it. So then it's helping them improve and teaching them how to match etc.. (since most of the matching scene players don't have the time to actually teach somebody how to strafe, and those are the people who can truly help people). And looking at his player ID, he hasn't played 2 years. (This is by no means saying to change how you're doing it, but it's still adopting a newbie whether he's a bit of a longer playing newbie or not).

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »
I suppose he could be an acceptable newbie (providing he answer the rest of the newbie questions on the application). The problem is where do I draw the line at where a player is not right for this program? I can't treat everyone as a newbie, as you might have seen the joke posts of older, experienced players in this thread.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »
What about making this program a little bit more "legit". Getting it more advertised or maybe make a section for it (whether in forums or making an actual page for it, or something of the kind). Many people don't check the forums and this might be taken as a joke. If this had it's own sub-forum or page maybe Rico and a couple other people could Admin it by themselves

(Feel free to delete this post if you clean up the thread)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:56 PM »
I suppose he could be an acceptable newbie (providing he answer the rest of the newbie questions on the application). The problem is where do I draw the line at where a player is not right for this program? I can't treat everyone as a newbie, as you might have seen the joke posts of older, experienced players in this thread.

Why deny anyone? There are different clans at different skill levels. This would be a great place to sign individuals up for teams regardless of skill levels. I've been playing for a looooooong time and still consider myself a newbie compared to most of the matching scene. I have bounced around and learned stuff from an assortment of players over the years. Just hanging out with the current members of College Court has helped me a bit. Sunday night I pubbed with audio and darkness for quite awhile. I spent this time just watching different jumps and techniques they use. It helps.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 03:36:12 AM »
+1 for idias' idea.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 07:09:51 AM »
What about making this program a little bit more "legit". Getting it more advertised or maybe make a section for it (whether in forums or making an actual page for it, or something of the kind). Many people don't check the forums and this might be taken as a joke. If this had it's own sub-forum or page maybe Rico and a couple other people could Admin it by themselves

(Feel free to delete this post if you clean up the thread)

There should be a new section on the main page for newbs. How about a link to that page on the Terms of Agreement page. We could be guides here to be readily available to the new players.

Sassypants

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
Which type of newbies? ??? Newbie with thats names are newbie or newbies with or normal newbies?

Sassypants

• PGP
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »
I mean newbies thats names are newbie or normal newbies, sorry i made a mistake! D:

newbie5150

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »
Newbie Application
Main Game Name: newbie5150 (Black N in newbie)
How long you have been playing:3 days but ive learned alot.. (bunny hop other jumps etc)
Time Zone/Country: Florida  , Eastern
Language Spoken:English
Do you have a microphone/willing to get one? (For voice recon purposes):Tes
Do you use IRC/willing to download and use?:Don't have it but ill use it .

Sub0123

• Stingray
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
I mean newbies thats names are newbie or normal newbies, sorry i made a mistake! D:

you can edit your posts

U-R-A-Loser

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
I have nothing. Nothing, but good thing this place is still open
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:43:48 PM by U-R-A-Loser »