Author Topic: Cheat/Mod Detected: QuiX  (Read 15309 times)

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
Re: Cheat/Mod Detected: QuiX
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
I love Myers, but all this thread is showing me is that he has 'pull' with the majority of the community.
.... Has no pull with me....

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
like go on server browser once in a while and count how many people are on... our record was like 25 at once. SAD.
127 right now. Maybe you just cannot count further than 25.

Why do so many people care about this bs? Myers isn't even banned as he said and he is still able to play.
Guys please stop talking so much on ban threads. You wont get anyone unbanned, so when you say "Jitspoe dont waste your time on this" I say dont waste YOUR time on this.
+ Are all members of myers' fanclub who posted in this thread ex-cheaters?

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »
lol delphi rages much on myers 'fanclub' delphi hat hodenkrebz so shut up

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
is it me or did he just admit that he was a CAWK Sucker  -.-
Yap.

but aside from that i'm willing to bet everyone here has hacked at least once in there lives even if it wasnt in dp2. still counts as cheating and there must have been some punishment for it.
Nop.

+ Are all members of myers' fanclub who posted in this thread ex-cheaters?
Nop.

The thing here is that this isn't QuiX being banned for hacking, it's MyeRs being banned for lying, could've even been that PheNiX bastard being banned I would've still complained about this ban. Anyhow MyeRs just change your IP. It's ridiculous but who gives a shizzle.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
The thing here is that this is QuiX being banned for hacking

Obviously there are many versions of the truth going around. Let me join.

Quix has been detected hacking (apparently coincidentally in the same period as Myers). As they used the exact same IP address, PC and cheats, accompanied by some rumours in the community, everybody assumed Quix is a second account of Myers. As Myers has always denied this, this case could never be confirmed nor be ignored.

Apparently Jitspoe has (new) info that Quix is indeed not a second account of Myers, which means Quix hasn't served his bantime for cheating yet. Therefore he added the ban on Quix's account, IP and Hardware matches. This has resulted in Myers not being able to play anymore.

Personally I don't see why this ban should be considered as being a result of Myers lying, as adding the ban on the account Quix is more or less a confirmation that Jitspoe believes it's not Myers account.

As I am not God, I'm sure my speculation isn't the 100% truth. However, with the info available to me I think I'm closer to it than many other people in this topic have been.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
Well, if it had everything to do with the fact quix used the hacks 3 years ago, which was reported and led to me getting banned, then why did Jitspoe post reason's he doesn't believe me 'storys' or whatever in the committee section? Why was I brought into this? Why did Jitspoe need to tell the committee why it was justified and bring me into it instead of saying: I detected QuiX using the hacks too (which it was assumed he served it when I did, but guess that wasn't the case?)

Also, why did the time get reduced after I answered questions for Jitspoe via email? Why in all our emails it's him saying he wants to clarify this situation and not 'Your brother cheated' ? So please don't try and act like this isn't a ban because Jitspoe thinks I lied. This was just the only thing Jitspoe could ban, and he did it in hopes that I was honest about everything from back then to finally end your guys' 3 year long thread on me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 12:44:18 AM »
It's pretty simple.  Myers was suspected by several people to be using Quix as a multi account based on skill and play style.  Cheating was detected on both accounts (same cheat).  Myers was banned for cheating, but it was still up in the air as to whether it should be an additional 16 days for a multi or a separate cheating ban for Quix.  Myers had a bunch of excuses to disassociate himself from Quix (Quix played at a friend's house, there were no demos of Quix playing on his computer, etc.).  The case went unresolved, and Quix mysteriously ceased to play completely.  There were lots of other suspicious things, too (Myers' email was registered to the Quix account, for example), but Myers always had excuses.

When the issue was brought up yet again on the forums recently, I thought, "Screw it, I'll just ban Quix."  Quix doesn't play anymore, so that shouldn't be a big deal.  If Myers was honest about Quix not playing on his computer, then there should be no issue.  All I banned was the IP and hardware from when Quix was detected cheating.  Of course, it ended up being on Myers' computer.

Maybe somebody still has some demos with Quix playing and we can resolve this once and for all.  It would have been around January 2009.  Just search your demos directory for files containing "quix".  If you have Windows 7, the search is completely broken, so you can use this command line tool:

start|cmd
c:\
cd \games\paintball2
findstr /i /s /l /m /c:"quix" *.dm2

Not sure if that works in XP.  XP had a pretty crappy search tool, too, so you might just want to download some kind of find in files program.

Mayhem

• Stingray
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
A perfectly reasonable and justified cause. Well done Jitspoe, as always.

If you're stupid enough to hack knowing that you will be banned hence killing the game, it's YOUR fault for breaking the rules. Jitspoe isn't killing the game, it's your own faults.

Disappointed in you Mara.

And just to clarify for sting/myers/quix...

I lied to be banned, not to avoid being banned.

My hacks were made by me, and only used by me.

Example...

If you go into a police station and say that you were speeding, no punishment will be given...

If you speed and lie to a police officer about speeding and argue with them, I'm pretty sure your punishment would be increased.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
Well for one, that's not the case mayhem. Myers isn't banned, and why do you refer to him as Sting/Myers/Quix? This ban shows he was not quix, which is why this ban happened, because they came to that conclusion. Also, you evaded your ban, and made a multiple account, yet they only banned you for 64 days? Please don't make an outside reference, when you evaded your ban after hacking, and 'not distributing...' and made a multiple account. Dont talk to me like that pl0x mayhem your meddling intercourser. Go play Warsow coolie.