Author Topic: Feature: New paintball game types/modes (Manhunt, Hostage Rescue, Medics)  (Read 8622 times)

Malware

• VM-68
Well, by my oppinion this game needs something new in order to attract more new players and to bring back old ones on the road. So here's my ideas about new game types/modes.

Manhunt

Your heart is rushing. Your body is sweating! The sounds of stomping footsteps are getting closer and closer. You must run faster to escape without being hit and captured… You realize your playing the paintball game, Manhunt, and your being hunted.

Description
The excitement begins! A selected player is hunted and the rest of players become the hunters. The hunted player is normally supplied with a paintballing pistol and ammo. The hunters are given any weapon they want. The hunted most reach a particular area within a timeframe to win. The hunters must shoot the selected player to win. The hunters cannot shoot each other.

Winning
Hunted: Survive
Hunters: Eliminate the hunted

Hostage Rescue

In a very disturbing moment, innocent people have be captured by terrorists therefore counter-terrorists must rescue the hostages without anyone getting harmed. Choose your role in this exciting paintball game. Will you be the bad or good person?

Description
A group of paintballing players are divided into two separate teams. The blue team is “Hostages” and “Rescuers”, while the red team is “Terrorists”. With a five-minute head start, the terrorists lead the hostages to the holding areas. After the five minutes the rescuers, begin their search and prevent any casualties.

Winning
Rescuers: retrieve the hostages to a save area.
Terrorists: Prevent any hostages from escaping.

Medic Mania

The paintball game, Medic Mania, allows shot players to be “healed” by one or more (depending on team size) medics. The paintball team medic should have strong evasive skills. The medic must be willing to be the focused target. Team members will need accurate paintball shooting skills to protect the team medic.

Description
To play this paintballing game there should be a medic armband (white with a red cross) for each medic, which is worn with the paintballing team armband color. Once shot, the medic is out. Once a team member is shot, he will no longer be allowed to walk or run, he may crawl with gun raised, to shelter. A shot team member should yell “medic”. The opposing team will not be allowed to further shoot any paintball team member who is calling for a medic and has their gun raised. If the medic can get to the shot player and tag the injured team member, ge is considered “healed” and may resume playing in the game. The medic should yell, “healed”. There are a couple strategies each team can choose from for this paintball game. One is to assign the most accurate shooters to cover the medic/s at all times while the remainder of the team attempts to shoot the other team and its medic/s. Another strategy is to assign an elite squad of a couple accurate shooters that will focus on taking out the medic. Use your paintball skills and experience to combine strategies and come up with new ones.

Winning
To win this paintball game, all opposing team members must be shot.

« Reason for editing: modified topic »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:40:18 PM by webhead »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: New paintball game types/modes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:03:02 PM »
+1 for constructive post

I don't know whether those ideas be implemented, but it sounds like fun

LeonRebirth

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »
+1 for manhunt.
reminds me how fun it could be when you running away from 5-10 people

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
But you die with the first hit, so it won't be hard to hit the player.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
But you die with the first hit, so it won't be hard to hit the player.
Meybe, but what if the round last 30 seconds, and hunters have 30 seconds to kill a selected player, and he also has 30 seconds to defende himself. I was imagening it like all hunters start from one base, selected player from another and they have 30s to find him and kill him. The only bad thing related with this game mode is map. This mode is appropriate only for big maps. :P

aborted

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »
+1
I think it woud be nice, but i also think that woud it be possible to reduce time in smaller maps.In smaller maps like shz33,shz22... players woud have less time to kill selected player .

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:54:32 PM »
This should be a feature vote. I also have another idea on the feature vote thread.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »
+1
I think it woud be nice, but i also think that woud it be possible to reduce time in smaller maps.In smaller maps like shz33,shz22... players woud have less time to kill selected player .

It should be a server side option

satan-smurf

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
 is an under water map possible. i mean without dieing. or maybe a outer space map kind of like playing in no clip mode. all so a siege map against a large group of bots like the grave yard but the players only get to defend. is it possible to play against the map it self like a timed maze with targets to hit in order to open doors that lead to another part of the map?
 or a tutorial map with writing on the Walls to explain some of the basic moves and controls of the game

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 09:33:43 PM »
I made a maze for a history class project by designing doors to open when certain buttons were shot. Something like that was easy to do, and got me an A for the semester lol.

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 04:35:54 AM »
Last Man Standing

Well known from eg. UT. Every player has preset amount of lives, eg. 30. Every time you get fragged, you lose one live. If you go down to 0, you get eliminated till the end of the game. Last man standing wins.

To avoid abuse, you cannot join mid-game. Imagine dramatic faceoff between two players on their last life and then some noob joins with his fresh set of 30 lives...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 03:46:49 AM »
medic mania = freezetag. it's pretty fun.

i've played it in wsw and ql, dunno how much fun it would be in a 1 shot game.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
When's this going to be implemented? There's a lot of good feature votes that haven't been implemented. Maybe Jitspoe's very busy. I heard that there was a ton of people that worked at Digital Paint. But now it is just Jitspoe.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
Man Hunt could be a good single player game mode - all the AI's would be hunters and you'd have to reach the end of a large map.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10259

I'm adding a separate feature vote for each of these, since they're really independent requests.

Hostage rescue: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10260

This is basically siege mode, but with an AI that will follow the player.  I don't think it would work very well with the fast paced game play of Paintball2.

Medics: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10261

Medics aren't really a game mode.  What you described was just standard elimination with medics.  Most people don't like playing standard elimination, so why limit medics to that?  I don't know if they'd really fit the current game modes, but for large scenario type games, they could make sense.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:03:54 PM by jitspoe »