Author Topic: Do you want to become a commitee member?  (Read 5953 times)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Do you want to become a commitee member?
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »
Application deadline: 23 March 2011

As time changes, some of the current committee members have informed the others that they no longer have time/motivation to be an active committee member. Therefore we are looking for responsible players to replace them.

What does it mean to be on the committee?
The committee is a group of 10 people from different places all over the world, who are appointed by Jitspoe to help him out on the daily troubles when speaking about rule violation. Just take a look on the current banlist and we can all tell this is way too much work for just 1 person. Therefore the committee members are contacting people over the internet and post their outcomes in the corresponding boards, so Jitspoe gets the info he needs. In order to make it easy for yourself, it's recommended that you have a good knowledge of the current match and pub scene, so you know what's going on and who you can contact in order to solve the open cases.

What does it not mean to be on the committee?
* Being a committee member doesn't change your rights within the community. You only get access to an extra board on the forums, which you should check and contribute to regularly. You are still ought to follow the rules that are set up for other members of the community
* A committee member only provides info for Jitspoe and therefore has no direct influence on a ban.

If you think the above fits your idea of being on the committee, please apply for one of the open spots by giving your honest answer on the following questions.

1. How much time would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

2. Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

3. Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, Skype etc. in order to investigate issues?

4. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

5. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

6. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

7. If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

8. Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

9. Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

10. Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

This thread is for applications only. All other posts will be deleted.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:49:48 PM by pvtjimmy »

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
Re: Do you want to become a commitee member?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
1. How much time would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?
-~half an hour per day, less on weekends more from monday to thursday

2. Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.
-clan leader, sports team leader, real life.

3. Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, Skype etc. in order to investigate issues?
-email, irc, ts2/3, skype, icq

4. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

5. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

6. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

7. If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?
-Depends on which rule has been violated, in which way it has been violated and on the suspects story. (DP-Players tend to have 10brothers and 10sisters + 5neighbours with the same ip and hardware ID...they wish.)

8. Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?
-Yes. They can go play another game and destroy it by hacking.

9. Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?
-I do not really care what people, who are sitting thousand miles away, think or say about me.

-I have been playing for a long time. I do know the comunity well. I have never used hacks. I care about this game and the future of the game.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:48 PM »
more then anyone atm.
2. Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.
yea lots in real life.
yeah i got vent, skype ,ts3/2, mumble, mirc. and email
4. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.
5. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.
6. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).
no. it's just like court so you can't punish people if you don't got enough evidence.
definatly.
yeah.
i'll try my hardest to be.

eXitus

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
1h per day or more if necessary.

Sometimes in RL, but nothing worth to mention here.

Got ICQ, email, IRC and Skype, so yes.

7, I do not pub that often but I think it's enough to know most people there who play regularly.

I would vote to punish him if it's really obvious and I don't think more proof is needed. If not, in dubio pro reo.

I would force him to come clean by himself before I hand him in.

Of course.

Because I'm not biased and I am willing to help.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:50:37 AM »
Most the issues in the committee aren't very important and wouldn't need me, I also have a lot better things to do then search through a bunch of multi-accounts. So, let's say an hour every week?

Well yeah, but this is a game. It's really no pressure.

Yeah I am, unless they're some euro trash, then no thanks.

3. I don't have much spare time anymore, why would I spend it pubbing.

10. It's just the same people matching as last year.

5. Seriously, who remembers hostmask's.

Hey, if you don't have enough evidence, don't ban the guy. Simple.

Have in the past, doubt I would now though. It'd take away roughly 1/5 of the active American matching scene.

Most of the community is <15 years old, I'll just throw out some big words that they don't understand.

Because I'm actually telling the truth on this application. I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

phenix

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:56:14 AM »
1h per day

2. Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.
Yes , irl , or when i have to choose beetwen like 2 nubs like " mole " and " legendz " , one leave if the second join the team etc ...

Yes

4. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

5. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

6. On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).
8 ( every euro but american less )

I would not punish him for nothing , dp is enough dead ..

Yes already did

Yes its not the real life who cares ...

Hm I dont know if i would be a good member of the comitee , we will see :)

STeam

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:25:24 AM »
1-2 hours per day...

of course irl, but nothing interesting..
ye, i have Skype, irc, Vent, ts3 and icq :)

probably  yes

yes

ofc

Because i know the community very well, im active and wanna help,  i care these things more then half year... ;)

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 08:15:17 AM »
 little bit almost every day i think
yeah at work
yes i have IRC and telephone
Ofcourse not
yeah why not ? its just a game
like i care
because i know much, been around like 6 years now or something and i wanna improve some things and also " i care these things more then half year... Wink "

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
Around 1 hour per day at least, on 2-3 days maybe only around half hour.

Yes, since I'm the captain of my team I've had to advise my coach to kick 2 players, one of them is a very close friend.

Sure, got all of those plus TS, ICQ, Mumble and a couple others. And I leave my IRC open most of the time even when I'm not at home, so it's easy to reach me.

8. I've recently restarted playing on pubs.

10. I recognize MyeRs everytime.

It would depend on the case, evidence available at the moment, the story (usually the same but still...) and the person's background.

I'd most likely try to get him to turn himself in, but I've done it before and I'm pretty sure I'd have no trouble in doing it again.

The fact that the other person is actually bothering to trash talk me over a computer makes me feel a whole lot better.

Been around for a little while and know the community and how it works, besides I don't have a "this game is dead let's just leave it be" attitude that brings nothing new to the game.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:07:51 PM by idias »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »
Looks like we're replacing 3 people (2x American, 1x Europe). Application deadline: 23th of March

FoXRacinG

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
As much as I am needed.

I work on the Drilling Rigs. So EVERYDAY.

Yes.

10 I go into pub for at least an hour a day.

7 We match pretty often in [eW] but there are some European clan that we don't match much.

6 I get on mIRC often

It depends on there past and present history. If they have a record of cheating/mulits then probably.

Yes

Yes

I don't cause problems and for the most part I keep to myself and observe everyone else and how they act. Its the way ive been all of my life.

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
1 Hour per day

2. Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples
IRL..but not interesting for dp :)

Yes
Irc, Skype, Msn(hotmail)

Until im not sure, i wouldnt..

Yes think so..

Yes

Cause im able to work with others well..and its easy for me to make decissions.. which would be hard for other people..

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »

Don't have an exact number, depends on the week but for the most part I've got plenty of free time.

2. Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples

Yes.

Yes. Most of the active NA community uses my ventrilo server. I leave my IRC running all the time, and I do have Skype/Mumble/Teamspeak/Email

10. - I idle pretty much every active channel, and my IRC rarely d/c's.

As seen by most of my posts, I would definitely not vote to ban somebody unless there was 100% proof. Some say that's considered 'Defending hackers' but if there's no proof, its just speculation and opinion to think otherwise.

Yep, I've done it before.

Yep.

I've been around a few years, I know just about all the active community. I'm easy to contact, I'm active, and I'm a nice guy :)