Author Topic: Feature: Weapon Game  (Read 6444 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Feature: Weapon Game
« on: March 12, 2011, 02:49:16 AM »
I don't know how difficult it is to add a new game play, but i was playing black ops earlier and it had a game where you start with a pistol and work your way up through the guns.

I think it would be cool for a free for all/pub to have this for paintball. You would start with a PGP, get a kill, upgrade to the Trracer, Stingray, VM-68, Spyder SE, 68 Carbine, Autococker, Automag. Then you would have to get a grenade kill and work your way back down from, Automag back to PGP Total of kills: 17.(or 2 kills per weapon could make it longer to 34 kills. Yeah the games would become a lot shorter and eliminate the CTF part of the game but I think this idea could/would work well for this game.

Each kill(s) you get upgrades your weapon or downgrades if your on your way back to pgp.

« Reason for editing: modified topic »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:40:59 PM by webhead »

payl

• 68 Carbine
Re: Weapon Game
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:41:25 AM »
Putting that on every pub server will make newbie left, because of they cannot kill anyone with PGP... But creating separate server for that, yes. More modes to play=Better gameplay.
+1

But wait! Isn't Autococker better than Automag? Automag fires 5.2 balls/sec but if haven't got great ball speed, while autococker fires 4.8 with much better speed...

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 06:18:13 AM »
Ball speed is set, it doesn't change.  Oh god I remember when that changed though... 

I quite like this idea though, but in elimination I wouldn't consider it to be great.  Never noticed this mode in cod though, but anyway, if your pistol is a python, you've still got a bloody good chance of beating someone with a commando, rpk and the like, whereas here, there's more variables such as accuracy because of barrels.  And yeah, not one of the best servers for newbies either. 

So its a 0.  I like it and would play it, but there's just a couple of variables that would make it different to playing such a thing in cod.

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:36:54 AM »
I think game should be more open to modding in general so that you can create a server mod with different weapons (see quake 3/live, I played on servers with weapons modded so much that gameplay was totally different) or funky game modes like this.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 06:41:58 AM »
Ball speed is set, it doesn't change.
The different weapons have ballspeed modifiers.

Never noticed this mode in cod
It's called "Gun game" and it's a wager match game mode in black ops.

I think game should be more open to modding in general so that you can create a server mod with different weapons (see quake 3/live, I played on servers with weapons modded so much that gameplay was totally different) or funky game modes like this.
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10076

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:18:10 AM »
Putting that on every pub server will make newbie left, because of they cannot kill anyone with PGP... But creating separate server for that, yes. More modes to play=Better gameplay.
+1
People in this game don't take change very well so you'd have a excrementload of raging if you added this to every pub. However... Doubt anyone would actually bother to make servers for other game modes.

I quite like this idea though, but in elimination I wouldn't consider it to be great.  Never noticed this mode in cod though, but anyway, if your pistol is a python, you've still got a bloody good chance of beating someone with a commando, rpk and the like, whereas here, there's more variables such as accuracy because of barrels.  And yeah, not one of the best servers for newbies either. 

So its a 0.  I like it and would play it, but there's just a couple of variables that would make it different to playing such a thing in cod.
It's a game mode among others. Newbies wouldn't be forced to play this unless they wanted to, they could simply continue to play CTF where their chances are slightly better. Everywhere there are people better than you (unless you're PheNiX) and obviously newbies will have a hard time but you can't actually vote no for this over such a thing, IMO.

+1.
P.S. Sorry if that made no sense but It's still early and I can't get my thoughts together..

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
The re-spawn would not be the full 60 seconds, could be 1-5 seconds so you don't lose to much when you die. It would be a creative mod everyone can benefit from the sense of getting practice with guns.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
Such a good idea. I'd most likely play it over CTF in pubs.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10257

Lots of Counter-Strike Source servers run this.  They call it "Gun Game" or "gg".  With CS, you just have normal elimination rounds (no objectives) and no respawns.  We could do this with elim mode, or would it make more sense to have it in deathmatch?

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:40:50 AM »
probably deathmatch, just have a short elim time.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Feature: Weapon Game
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Sorry to bring this back up but Id still love to see it implied.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »
Yes +1 i would love this implied, but in gun game. you have a humilation, how would you do that.. or just not have humilation..

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 03:17:03 AM »
not too thrilled for this,But i'll give it a chance. Personally i'd rather see something like better player models, gun models, set map pool, ect.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:57:36 AM »
there's like 5 guns in this game....

(Horde+betterAI)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
yea but guns look out of date.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »
if you had a couple reference images i could have a whack at trying to make better more hr4 looking guns.