Author Topic: Bug: Flag stops func_plat  (Read 2063 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Bug: Flag stops func_plat
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »
A func_plat isn't moving anymore, if a flag stands on it.

To get this, grab a flag and use a func_plat (elevator on pbcup_renoir for example). Now another player must kill you, while you are on the func_plat (it doesn't matter, if it is actually moving or not). The func_plat will still be in the same position until the flag is away.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Bug: Flag stops func_plat
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »
I tried to do a quick fix for this and not bother with a feature vote, but I couldn't fix it quickly.  I think it only happens in the case where the flag is dropped while the player is moving.  In that case, the flag is made untouchable for a bit then reappears where dropped (to avoid throwing the flag in front of the character, then having him pick it up again as he walks through it).  Dropping the flag without moving throws it into the air and it will land on and move with the platform.

Does this also happen with weapons and other dropped equipment?  I didn't test that, but I would assume similar behavior.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
Equipment stays on the position, where i drop it (tested with the elevator on pbcup_renoir: it looks like it goes through the elevator brush and flies under it) and the equipment will be removed (with an "explode effect"), if the func_plat moves over it again (if the elevator comes down).

Dropping it without moving works here too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:47:49 PM »
Equipment stays on the position, where i drop it (tested with the elevator on pbcup_renoir: it looks like it goes through the elevator brush and flies under it) and the equipment will be removed (with an "explode effect"), if the func_plat moves over it again (if the elevator comes down).

Dropping it without moving works here too.
I think the difference may be the size of the bounding box.  The flag is much taller, so it's more likely to respawn inside of the platform.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10267 - since I couldn't find a quick fix, this goes on the voting list.