Author Topic: New Map: London by kaese  (Read 31215 times)

kaese

• Stingray
Re: New Map: London BETA 9 (r_speeds ~ 2000) by kaese
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
How to make it different =D ?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
How to make it different =D ?

I'm not to sure yet to be honest, I can't seem to come up with an idea. Maybe make it just a straight hallway across instead?

First off you should try opening up the new 2 path you made so it's not just a door that can easily be lined. Have it a larger 'door' or make it look like a 'hole' in the wall. Then, have maybe a table in the hallway that can be used to jump lines.  ----> Once that's done, we can get a few people in a server to test it to see if that helps limit camping. You've got many paths, but a lot are narrow, and some of those should be opened up.

So I'd suggest working on the flag area and then post screenshot's when you get that finished :)

EDIT: Private msg'd you a demo
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:19:13 PM by MyeRs »

sBi

• Stingray
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 03:01:00 AM »
nice map kaese ... good job :D

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 07:28:54 AM »
Here's BETA_13
I've forgott to upload the other ones =P..

https://rapidshare.com/files/460402977/london_b13.bsp

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 07:31:03 AM »
some screens..

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:04 AM »
Online @ [OTB] Beta! Looks very nice so far. A few more things...

First screenshot: Add clip brushes next to the new windows, too. Also there's now an extreme red lighting just because of one red carpet. I'd delete the file ctp1/concrete_r.wal while exporting the map, that would avoid the red color in this area.

Last screenshot: The barrels are misaligned. There're a few more new barrels you need to align. And the PAIN letters are backwards. You need to mirror the faces here.

Oh, and the clip brushes for the opened door next to the high flag doesn't work well, there's a little edge.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
I like the addition of the windows, it's a nice touch. And adding stuff to distinguish the empty rooms helps too, but you should go through the demo I private msg'd you for a few other pointers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
I'm glad you keep iterating on this, it's starting to look really nice.  I've attached another demo with feedback.  I think I mentioned it before, but I really think you should make the fog a bit darker and less intense.  It looks good up close, but bad against stuff in the distance against the night sky.

Edit: I played it on the beta server, but it was just against one other guy (newbie####), so it wasn't much of a play test.  I did notice one thing, though.  There's really only one way out of the base after grab the lower flag.  If somebody's around the top of the stairs there, you're kind of screwed.  I think it makes it too easy to defend.  Perhaps you could add a door next to the flag with an alternative path out of the base -- maybe even have it wrap around to the high flag.  The newbie never did figure out how to get the 2nd flag.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:19:03 PM by jitspoe »

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »

Hey guys.. here is my new Beta: BETA 14

Chucki

• Stingray
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
I like the new way. :) It's just better for someone who can't jump and the gameplay is a bit better. ;)

planB

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
goodjob.
die leiter (mitte), wnen man dne speed jump nur langsam angeht, funktioniert auf der ROTEN seite nicht :P

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 07:59:56 AM »
Hey Guys, itz me again ..
pls look at my last Beta-Map, if there are some more ideas post it, soon.

Otherwise, I'll finish it the next day's..

Thanks for your patience, ideas and help

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »
1.Why don't you put map on forum? rapidshare is bad.
2.Im not sure if it's intended: just go to opposite team 1st flag and get it, the result is: get-cap-get-cap-get-cap-get-cap... im not sure if you know what i mean, so other explanation: When i come to 1st flag, i get it, and next cap it. Just like flag is on cap already. If its unintended, its big bug. And if not, then 2nd flag is nonsens. Just go to opposite flag and stay alive how long you can while getting points rapidly.
3.I think that there are too many roofs, so if you go street way, you will be killed soon.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
Payl is right, the flags/bases doesn't work correct at the moment. Obviously noone has seriously tested the gameplay yet, so I guess it's not the last beta :)

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/beta/london_b14.bsp

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »
Kaese: Did you get my forum PM about a week ago with a demo of your map with some suggestions? If not, I can re-upload it for you, but it had some decent suggestions on opening up some areas etc...

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »
This map looks decent from the screen shots you have posted. nice job man you are very creative. My only suggestion would be to tone down the fog a little but I am only basing that judgement off of the screenshots. congratulations man!

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
send me your demo again Myers..
If you've send a secound one

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
One of your demo's i have looked at..

I've changed things, but not quite as you wanted it, if you dont notice it (=S orry for my english xD)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »
The ladder on Red side -- the 'pipe' thing when you go out left side of base -- doesn't work. But it works on Blue side.

I still think you should open up the 'side' path that takes you behind flag 2. (Or atleast make it so you can shoot threw or go threw the windows.)

I don't think the ramp-mini-speedjump to 2 are equal on both colours. I found it a lot easier to do on blue side then on red.

As said in one of my first posts on this map, you still have that useless long path that you should try to slower (or put some of that 'black' ice in it) -- And try to make the rooms more unique for recon purposes, it'll be hard to distinguish the different buildings since inside they are all the same. (also, you should have Blue carpets in Blue side buildings as a marker I think...)

Other then that it's really nice, I'd like to see the two low paths out of base have a little more space, but that's opinion, it's still very nice :)

EDIT: Slow path to 2 is a lot easier and as fast if not faster then most other ways to grab 2 from 1. Might want to work on that. (the triple jump boxes are the only faster way, but the 2 other double jumps (railing and top of door) are probably slower or even to going the slow way).

kaese

• Stingray
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
You are right myers, .. i've changed the angle of the "speed-ramp", i've also recolored the carpet (blue-base - blue, red-base red)..
I didnt want to "destroy" the door to secound, therefor i opened a window there.

That should have been your most important concern, right?

Beta 15