Author Topic: Cheat/Mod Detected: *STaRz*MuFF  (Read 17256 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Cheat/Mod Detected: *STaRz*MuFF
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 01:52:36 PM »
^ speaking on committee's behalf, no. It doesn't concern the committee. Just like we can't post on topics the committee are looking into. Talking as individuals of the community sure. But there posts are irrelevant and technically should be deleted. I'm sure if I posted those comments in somebodies ban threads they'd be removed. Special treatment FTW!!!!!

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
I wasn't, and I can probably say the rest of the allstar committee members weren't speaking on behalf of the committee aswell, but solely speaking as active members of this communitty.
I said, and I quote:
The detection system so far hasn't lied, as far as I know. From experience cheat detection > people who were caught by it.
Cheat detection isn't flawless and that is why jitspoe takes the extra steps and checks everything before banning a player. You can't base a decision solely on 1/2 cases that are an exception. It's made out of average and stuff. So if 1/100 bans (perhaps a bit exagerated :P) is a mistake and revoked that can't be a major factor, otherwise no one will be banned. Everyone believes they're the exception, perhaps you are, but from most cases, and I believe you can agree with me, you aren't the exception...
You've said this yourself I believe. Who knows maybe we're all wrong.  

Oh and I used "us" refering to the committee the same way I could've used "them" when speaking about this. You're right, we have no bussiness with this since we don't actually know "anything" about it, but I/everyone else can still have opinions.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »
I wasn't, and I can probably say the rest of the allstar committee members weren't speaking on behalf of the committee aswell, but solely speaking as active members of this communitty.
[...]
Oh and I used "us" refering to the committee the same way I could've used "them" when speaking about this. You're right, we have no bussiness with this since we don't actually know "anything" about it, but I/everyone else can still have opinions.
agreed

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
I only posted the lies of the cheat detection, to show Gama mistakes happen. I may look like a complete moron defending this within the next few days (although I'm not so much defending it, as I am trying to get other people to hop off) but I'm trusting TiNi's and MuFF's word, so I know it is a possibility (sure a slim one) that there may be a mistake. So until I get told what they used, I'm not going to jump in on the hate wagon.

Also, I don't care about the committee posting but they could show some maturity and stop generalizing. I guess that's just really Gamabunta who was truly hating, but he's just a hate filled person in general always getting mad. So I guess him generalizing TiNi with every hacker (when TiNi didn't hack) is kinda like me generalizing his rage as the committee's. Oh well, community wont ever improve but that's another story for another day.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 02:49:46 PM »
I only posted the lies of the cheat detection,....
You did? Multiple account =/= cheat/mod

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 02:51:33 PM »
You did? Multiple account =/= cheat/mod

Oh I'm sorry, in one of my previous posts I stated Jitspoe makes mistakes, then I generalized it like everyone else does in this community. The point is, the Cheat detection sends jitspoe info, just like the committee gets jitspoe info, and mistakes can be made. (Also, the ban revoking of Shk a while ago, is cheat detection error ;) ). But good post!

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
Myers,
  Does it really help to keep pointing gout everything the committee has done that you believe is wrong? Even when the committee keeps changing and with that, trying to perfect the issues it has as individuals complain. It is easy to say "you should do this for every situation" until you open your eyes to realize that almost every situation is different.
    Yes. Mistakes happen. Would you rather Jitspoe just stuck with the bans when he is wrong to cover it up to seem perfect? Or should he do the right thing and fix it showing that both computers and humans can error? Choose. It can't be both.

Also.....

To all,

Jitspoe does not need to justify the ban length to anyone. He CAN inform the INDIVIDUAL as to why but he really doesn't even have to do that. Most of the committee replies are fairly specific as to what they are about. The simple thing would be for one of the moderators to simply lock each cheater thread after Jitspoe makes his post and allow the cheater to contact him the normal way. This is an open forum and most would prefer to keep it that way. So from now on, if you stick your noes into other peoples business I shall just make you and your post disappear. 

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
Flip, I don't know if you read all my posts but I pointed out to Gama that mistakes happen, and have happened. I'm fine with somebody making a mistake and fixing it, that's why right now I trust TiNi and MuFF when they say they did not hack, and I'm waiting for Jitspoe to reply to them. Yeah, I may look stupid if he proves them wrong, but that's what happens sometimes when you trust people. I don't get where you got that I don't think it's possible he can make a mistake, I know if he finds out it was a mistake he'll fix it like he did when he revoked bans before. I'm still confused why that was pointed to me....?

And to the first part, no I don't believe it's going to help because I don't believe it's going to change anything as it's very rare to see change in this community. That being said, you can't expect me to change what I'm doing when nothing else ever changes can you? And obviously every situation is different, but the rules broken are the same (if we're talking about ban lengths). Nowhere does it say you must help the committee get you banned and never deny stuff or your ban will increase. But, that's something that wont change (like just about everything else in this game).

I was curious about the length so I asked why, Jitspoe's reasoning was '3rd offense' when after searching the forums I can only find 1 previous offense (both in this thread) so I'm assuming he made an error, or I just am blind. He didn't need to justify anything, but we're allowed to ask questions. This is an open forum, and it will stay that way, you're a moderator sure, but you don't control the forum. It's a public forum where the community can and will post their opinions. If they aren't raging or flaming other users, there is no reason to do anything. But sure pull off that magic trick and make me disapear, since it's clearly related to me and not the committee members who posted. Prove the inconsistency issues in this game boss ;)

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
It is easy to say "you should do this for every situation" until you open your eyes to realize that almost every situation is different.
    Yes. Mistakes happen.   

Thank you flip, you are 100% right.  Every situation is different.  So players like myself, muff or any other respected player shouldn't be generalized.  Mistakes do happen.  Therefore, further investigations are required or at least proof of the hacks  he used.

As for the ban length, this would be the second time MuFF has gotten banned.  Show me proof of two other incidences where he HAS been banned and not TRIALS where he has been governed his innocence.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2011, 12:36:46 AM »
I saw MuFF as one of those people who would learn from their mistakes.... Guess I was wrong.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2011, 01:48:43 AM »

Comments to anyone who is crying about the days:  I or MuFF have not complained about the days posted.  So dont attempt to take personal attacks on character for no reason ie Edgecrusher, MOFO.

Well just to get one thing straight here. I have absolutely nothing against you or your bro, as a matter of fact you are one of the first persons I got to know in DP. It wasn't meant as a personal attack, it's my statement and opinion. If you see it as crying, your hand eye coordination may not be that good. I know that when you wrote that post you were raging over more than one matter and attacking me isn't the way of handling things. I truly believe that every cheater should be banned for good, was it your brother, my brother, someones daugter, grandfather, bff... Only thing complicating the matter is that you share the same IP and it's unfair to you and untill there is a way to keep your brother banned while you play on the sam IP, it will stay unfair.

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2011, 08:27:47 AM »
He does.  People are writing essays for no reason here.  I'm not going to read it, because nothing is going to happen because of it.  Therefore his post is quite relevant.

Cameron, i'm pretty sure the moderators are on everyones throats about writing useless or inappropriate posts that are unrelated to the topic.  Seeing a committee member post immature statements raises further doubt in my mind about them being correct about my brother.

In referral to your post:  Yes, i am writing 'essays' as you call it to defend someone.  If i didn't care/think it was 100% false i wouldn't be doing this.  Don't read it, no one asked you too, however if you don't read whats been said i really don't think you have any place to say something.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
Well nice knowing you tini ill see u earlier (hopefully) or in 256 days, i fell your pain bro [Turst me].

look at the bright side u can play against the bot offline... :(

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
The whole system of, come clean and you'll be punished less, is terribly flawed. If the person never did anything, quite possible here, then they get an extended punishment for something they didn't do.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Seeing a committee member post immature statements raises further doubt in my mind about them being correct about my brother.

Wasn't this detected by the system? What is the committee wrong about here?

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
The whole system of, come clean and you'll be punished less, is terribly flawed. If the person never did anything, quite possible here, then they get an extended punishment for something they didn't do.
If it's quite possible here, it's quite possible everywhere. This one is not that different from the rest of the cases.

Why is anyone still posting here anyhow? Committee related comments are irrelevant since the committee has no bussiness whatsoever in this one. If Muff/Tini have any issues they should PM jitspoe.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 02:38:41 PM »

Why is anyone still posting here anyhow? Committee related comments are irrelevant since the committee has no bussiness whatsoever in this one. If Muff/Tini have any issues they should PM jitspoe.

Agreed. Problem fixed.