Author Topic: new map - 2m_canyon  (Read 3463 times)

jE

• Stingray
new map - 2m_canyon
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
map: www.2shared.com/file/VV75-LmF/2m_canyon_b1.html

for some reason i can't attach screenshots...

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: new map - 2m_canyon
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »
I like it except all of the floor changes. I will match on it, if it doesn't make my eyes hurt. The rock floor texture itself is soooo ugly.

Also, there's a problem with the cap spot. There only 3 ways to get in there to cap and are all easily line-able.

Here are my suggestions.

First picture - make a way to climb up and go around to a window over flag (following the blue line)

Second picture - allow access to the roof, put walls over the mid side so that they can walk all around the top of the map, but allow them to use it over the flag. I think that would be the best way to cap, free falling at an unknown angle toward the spot; would be like flying over hump on wobluda. (blue line = access to roof, red line = walls)

jE

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
i like the idea from your first screenshot and i'll give it a try
as for your second screenshot you can also go low ...it's a secret :P

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
pm me ;)

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 03:24:17 AM »
i remember this map je GOOD JOB!

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 04:30:21 AM »
Sorry for the late feedback.

Looks very interesting and it's made well done. But I didn't had enough time to test the map.

Add "requiredfiles" "scripts/sktrees1.txt" to the worldspawn.

I'd prefer when you would make the ladders with the help of clip brushes. Sometimes you can't climb up completely if you climb slower.

I don't really like the secret. Maybe it's funny for a while but sometime everyone knows it.

All in all a great job so far.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »
Great looking map.  I don't really have much to say about it technically.  A few small suggestions in this demo.

- Flag stand needs to be lower or have one more step.
- Logs and rocks sometimes cause you to stop or shoot off in a weird direction - might need some more clipping plane work.
- Might want to make the canyon walls a little taller (and maybe scale the texture up a ilttle as well).
- White barrel placement is confusing.

Hopefully it plays well.  Putting it up on the beta server now.  Let me know if you need the login.

Edit: Oh, and I'd also consider making the barrels realistically sized, especially with how small the map passages are.  Might help make it feel a little less claustrophobic.
You might want to play with the lighting colors a bit as well - make it more like a sunset color scheme and give the rest of the textures a canyon-ish color tone.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:56:24 PM by jitspoe »

jE

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »
Thank you for your feedback!

I will be working on this soon. I already made some changes but there are some more things to work on.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 04:19:07 AM »
I don't know that you'll every check the forums again and/or work on this map any more, but if you do, we played this with a bunch of people last Social Saturday, and almost everybody was very confused as to where to go and where the flags were.  I like the details and such, but it would be nice if the layout could be made a bit more intuitive.  There are a lot of paths, and the canyon rock texture everywhere makes it difficult to parse visually.  Also, the flags are kind of tucked away.  It would probably be a complete overhaul to change this, but I figured I'd drop the feedback just in case you happen to swing by again.