Author Topic: Feature Request: Max Ping  (Read 12216 times)

payl

• 68 Carbine
Re: Feature Request: Max Ping
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
lmfao. kilo had a 2 line post that barely stated any facts. what I see is that he said the server would check every 30 seconds. say a player is good for 25 seconds then has a 5 second lag burst and is then kicked. is that fair? you need to clarify your arguments because right now I can barely understand any of your poor english.
As my english is too bad for you, i will write it in Polish, enjoy! (Also you might notice that i made no mistake!)
A więc, oczywiste jest, że nie precyzuje on jak często będzie to sprawdzane, ale po jakim czasie gracz zostanie wyrzucony za przekraczanie pingu (30 sekund). Myślenie...
That was so obvious :-] . Now, try to understand. Next time you don't need to tell that my english is bad.
Also, with "lmfao" you show me no respect ;) .

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
Holly excrement payl are you illiterate ? Or do you not understand english?

I've pointed out all the facts why this doesn't work and you take it so personal. Hop off man, you don't understand ping at all. Why doesn't Rick lag with 300 ping? Because it relates to his distance from the server location, not his internet speed. Like, I don't get what you dont understand. Here I'll write in capitals for you:

A PLAYER HAVING A HIGH PING, LETS EXAGGERATE AND SAY 1000+ PING, ENTERS A SERVER. THE SERVER DOESNT EXPERIENCE ANYTHING UNLESS ITS BANDWIDTH IS STRESSED, WHICH IS NOT CAUSED BY THIS SINGLE PLAYER. THIS SINGLE PLAYER WITH HIGH PING DOESN'T AFFECT OTHER PLAYERS EITHER. IT IS JUST HARD TO HIT HIM.

Why fix a problem that isn't a problem? Why not kick everyone who is jumping fast then, cause you know it's harder to hit them too!!!!!!! Stop defending the thread acting like everyone is against you cause your opinion differs and has been proven pointless. STOP POSTING HERE, MOVE ALONG.

Ping justifies location, and if you have bad internet it'll show lag. High ping doesn't always mean lag, this games also not big enough to boot people from pubs.

QUESTION: Do you read any posts? Or just choose single lines? Cause if you read, and understood any of the posts in this thread you would've stopped posting. Hop off silly euro. Nobody should show you respect because of how you reply to everyone acting like you are this super smart guy, but truth is you can't read. Your only comparison is some homerun garbage server, we gave you legit comparisons of players and servers, and explained to you how servers work, so enabling this would lower the amount of players in pubs, but take out maybe 2 people from each server who are lagging bad, and 5 who have high ping without constant lag. Goodday euro.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 04:39:15 PM »
lmfao. kilo had a 2 line post that barely stated any facts. what I see is that he said the server would check every 30 seconds. say a player is good for 25 seconds then has a 5 second lag burst and is then kicked. is that fair? you need to clarify your arguments because right now I can barely understand any of your poor english.
I think an average every of the last 30 seconds every 30 seconds is the idea, so bursts like that would get cancelled out unless they were very bad.

And also payl, it's quite possible to get low ping and high lag due to packet loss or simple bandwidth limiting, just unlikely. And if somebody says you're a fool, just learn to ignore it or kill their family or something, don't waste your time making it worse by writing a 5 point flame post with quotes explaining how your moral ground is so high you're suffering from oxygen deprivation. :)

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »
Idias, you hate me. And you can't just be objective. Don't tell me that you are, because no one here is.
Idias hates no creature. I may not like you, but I wouldn't set my opinion around it. I made an opinion as soon as I saw KiLo's post and I had certain reasons why I didn't want it to be implemented and your existance didn't change it in any way.
That's the problem, you are unable to see things as simple objections to your logic. You believe we're just trying to take down what you said.
With that being said I'll stop this senseless fighting and just limit to thread related comments.

Ok so explain this to me... You mean the server would check every 30 seconds for a certain max ping value or as soon as it hit that ping it would trigger something that after 30 seconds the player would be kicked? Because those are 2 very different things.
If the ping max is set from around 250 Aussies, South Americans and to certain people (me, for example) in euro-american matches wouldn't be able to play. If you set the value to 400+ it wouldn't change anything, you'd still have people lagging on servers and you'd be kicking someone and still have "laggers".

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »
chemical gets annoyed cause he cant kill idias, i think idias should get kicked from every server.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
it's what happenz you got da modified hitboxes. Flawlesssssss

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
I just lol a lot when reading this topic.

Seriously Payl, no offense, but this is not the first topic everybody rages over you because of your way of writing. I don't think it's wrong to have different opinions, but I think you'll need to find a way to express yourself in another way.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
Let's try to keep our emotions in check, shall we?

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
Let's try to keep our emotions in check, shall we?
no lie he probably has been in tears over this.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
no lie he probably has been in tears over this.

I was talking about rage emotions.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 08:39:44 PM »
I guess some clarification is needed. I have seen this on Counter Strike and Day of Defeat server and works well. Basically the server checks your ping consistently for a set amount of time and if you don't go below the max ping then you are kicked. As far as combatting lag spikes, which honestly you shouldn't even get a lag spike that affects your ping, you could have it check the ping 3 times and if it fails 2 of the 3 times then peace, the server kicks you.

Also for those of you saying that this will destroy the game and so on; it may or it may not because it is up to server admins if they want to set a max ping and if they do want it then they could set it to whatever they want. Myself personally I would probably set it to like 125-150 range. Which means no euros or brazilians for me.

Also people that have multiple servers such as CC or OTB could have a server with max ping and then one without.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »
I guess some clarification is needed. I have seen this on Counter Strike and Day of Defeat server and works well. Basically the server checks your ping consistently for a set amount of time and if you don't go below the max ping then you are kicked. As far as combatting lag spikes, which honestly you shouldn't even get a lag spike that affects your ping, you could have it check the ping 3 times and if it fails 2 of the 3 times then peace, the server kicks you.

Also for those of you saying that this will destroy the game and so on; it may or it may not because it is up to server admins if they want to set a max ping and if they do want it then they could set it to whatever they want. Myself personally I would probably set it to like 125-150 range. Which means no euros or brazilians for me.

Also people that have multiple servers such as CC or OTB could have a server with max ping and then one without.
What would you set the max ping to?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »
Myself personally I would probably set it to like 125-150 range.

Nuff said

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »
why put such a heavy divide between the american and the euro clan scene? I know this feature doesnt have to be mandatory on all servers but if people start using it then we would never be able to play each other.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »

Have fun playing with the 3 or 4 people that will pub on your server :)

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
Have fun playing with the 3 or 4 people that will pub on your server :)
+1

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2011, 03:54:29 AM »
And if somebody says you're a fool, just learn to ignore it or kill their family or something, don't waste your time making it worse by writing a 5 point flame post with quotes explaining how your moral ground is so high you're suffering from oxygen deprivation. :)
Alright. Going to kill their family.
Seriously Payl, no offense, but this is not the first topic everybody rages over you because of your way of writing. I don't think it's wrong to have different opinions, but I think you'll need to find a way to express yourself in another way.
Yay sure, i'm flaming <lol> or "fighting"... I'm trying to be nice, but if i say "Thanks" you mention it as "Hahahah u noob Thanks!". That's not my problem, you don't understand me, and start flaming with "kid" or "fool". So, final state: I tried to NOT flame, maybe if you look carefully, you will see that.

That was obviously (for me) what you mean... and when we look from that way, it looks like SKEET and MyeRs didn't read whole topic.
Almost every ping-kick system firstly notice you that you have ping over limit, and says it will kick you in for example 30 seconds. So, lag spikes doesn't change anything. That's why the whole thread gone like that (flame). Good job, everyone and me. ^.^

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 04:50:16 AM »
Calm it ladies, only need yesses and noes and whies and replies here.

Ping goes over, don't show a bloody message.  If they're under for the first 30 seconds of the match, just let em stay, saves having to monitor the ping.

I'm still way against it, because if Kilo is suggesting 125-150, that's probably where most admins would put it for a server to actually be worth having it, and I'd have to wait until sherhoe told all of China about this game to play again.  Aussies, look I tried, wasn't gonna happen with things like COD around.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »
If they're under for the first 30 seconds of the match, just let em stay, saves having to monitor the ping.

Exactly no need to waste resources and continue to monitor once they have already checked out.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 03:11:23 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10270

-1.  People with high pings don't necessarily result in laggy movement.  That's due to packet loss.  What we need to implement is a feature to smooth out laggy players, not limit pings.