Author Topic: Build 35  (Read 22674 times)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Build 35
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
This game's learning curve is huge. Making it easier can only help. I don't see a downfall too it.

On the other hand, if B33 had a tutorial, than i think it would've been alright.

I don't think the changes made make anything easier.  Specifically the ramp control.   Having to hold space to go down ramps makes things 10x harder and more awkward. 

I agree that there should be more control on ramps, but the current holding the jump button is a very lazy way of fixing the problem.  And in my opinion it will cause more problems than it solves.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
The learning curve is basically first of all jumping, strafing, double jumping and how to use ice. After that you have aiming... moving at the high speeds you need to learn how to lead the players.

How many times do you see people in pubs just walking everywhere? I have been asked if I use a speed hack before in a pub all simply because they couldn't strafe jump. Guarantee you all the people seen walking in a pub uninstalls.

And yes, if you have never played quake before then yes it's a learning curve. If you are even playing quake for the first time.. there is a learning curve.

Edit: @superman, Jitspoe fixed the holding space bar for build 35. you don't have to anymore if you are going above a certain speed. ask him for specifics. Either way it's just like the old builds.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »
 I agree with you... I agree that there is a learning curve lol.

Of course there is. But if you compare it with q2 itself, then q2 is much more complex. Different weapons, armorsystem, health.... OoOoOOo how did players even learn how to play q2?!? So complex!

And I take your 'gurantee' for nothing. I was walking in a pub, and I didn't uninstall. I learned how to strafe. I guarantee that there are more such people.

We don't have to dumb down the game. There will always be dumb people who can't learn the game, but there will always be people who are willing to learn...

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »
I'm not saying dumb it down. We need something for teaching.

And sorry, I thought
I don't see how this game has huge learning curve.
Meant you didn't think there was a learning curve

klann24

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
hi i have a question...

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
hi i have a question...

go ahead, post it :)

klann24

• PGP
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 09:20:21 AM »
ok, i disconnected out of PB2 and now when i try to log back in it doesnt work. theres a black screen and then nothing shows up and my mouse gets stuck in the upper left corner... any ideas?

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »