Author Topic: What to do After Being Banned  (Read 9209 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
What to do After Being Banned
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
If you've been banned for cheating/modified content, it may be possible to get your ban time reduced.

Click on the Contact tab above to send me an email with the following information:

- What cheats you used or what files you modified (list ALL of them - if I detected a cheat you don't mention, you won't get your ban reduced).
- Who sent the cheat(s) to you, or who told you how to find them/what files to modify, etc.
- Where you got the cheat(s) if there's a public website or something that you downloaded the cheat(s) from.

Do not publicly share information about cheats (what they are, where to get them, etc.)  This may get you banned for distribution and significantly increase the time you remain banned!  Only send that information to me directly.

I may request that you send me the cheat/modified files for validation, so don't delete them immediately.

If you evade your ban, your ban time will reset.

Once your ban expires, before you play again, make sure you've completely cleaned the cheat(s) out of your paintball2 directory, system directory, etc.  You should also run the full Paintball2 install again to correct any modified files, and delete your pball/configs/config.cfg file if you had a paintball2-specific cheat that may have modified your configuration/settings.  If you still have the cheat on your system when you play again, it may be detected again, and you will be banned for a longer period of time.

If you've been banned for multiple accounts, it may be useful to clear up all of your multiple accounts so you don't get banned again in the future for accounts you already have.  Click the Contact link and tell me all the accounts you have if they have not already been merged, or you can post this info in the thread relating to your ban.

If you're wrongly banned, you should post in the thread related to the ban that you're banned under.  If you've cheated and been detected, denying it won't help you and may reduce your chances of getting your ban reduced.  If you're banned because your brother or somebody else in your household is banned, you will probably have to wait out the ban.  If you're banned because somebody in your neighborhood is banned, we might be able to fix that for you.