Author Topic: New Map: Dungeon  (Read 13360 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
New Map: Dungeon
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
If you want to download the map, go to the server "CTF GLOBAL" and it will be playing my map. Screenshots available shortly.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
New Map: Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
here are the screenshots.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Dungeon
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
Split the topic and moved this one to the child board "Beta / In-Progress Maps". Create a new topic for each beta map you release.

Please add a download link or attach the mapfile to your post.

Make sure you run a final compile to get full vis and lighting. Pay attention to warnings and errors.

I'll upload the map to our beta server and post feedback after you did a final compile!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
A few things:

1) You can use the screenshot key (f12 by default) to take screenshots in-game so you don't have to take a screenshot of the game's window.
2) You might want to download the high-res texture pack, if your graphics card can handle it.
3) Use the grid!  Most of the textures align at 32 units, like the tiles, so you should use a 32 unit grid to keep everything nicely aligned.
4) You need to add lights.
5) A long time ago, started a map called "Dungeon" (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=24.0).  Not sure if I'll ever finish it though, heh.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: New to mapmaking... a little help please
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
Beta 2 of Dungeon is now available on CTF GLOBAL.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 10:49:39 AM »
It would be great if you attach the map file to your post.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
Sorry, I'm no good with download links. Just go to CTF GLOBAL and it will be playing my map.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
But there's no public server CTF GLOBAL in the server list. Uploading the map here would be a lot more easy for all.

You only need to attach the file to your post. If you use the quick reply, use the preview to get the full reply window.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Okay, here's the download link. And btw there IS a CTF GLOBAL, but it probably only appears when you open Paintball 2, then select "play", then select "join game", and CTF GLOBAL should appear towards the bottom of the list.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
For me it doesn't appear :P

Thanks for the upload. You really need to fix the leaks (this might help you: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13055.0), add light textures and run a final compile to get full vis and lighting. Pay attention to warnings and errors.

I'll upload the map to our beta server and post feedback after you did a final compile!

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »
How do you fix the leaks? I tried patching up everything that might reveal the outside but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
Read "LEAK ERRORS" of the link I've posted (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13055.0). It explains the error and the leak check in bsp. You need to close the "hole" in your map to fix it.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
Okay, I found even more leak spots. I am now fixing them up. Also, what does the error MAX PATCHES mean and how do I fix it? I didn't use the skybox technique.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »
And also it has an error saying that brush 282 is out of bounds. I tried selecting it by brush # and deleting it but that didn't work.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »
MAX PATCHES means your map is too open or detailed. Doesnt look detailed, so it must be too open.

If a brush is out of bounds it either means your map is too big, or that brush is out of the purple box in your GRID VIEW. If anything is out of the purple box in the GRID VIEW it is out of bounds.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
Just use edit instead of making 5 different posts each time.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 04:46:11 AM »
Fixing the leaks might fix the MAX PATCHES error as well for this map.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
That's strange how CTF GLOBAL doesn't appear on your server list. Try playing at 12:00 PM-9:00 PM Eastern time today and see if it appears.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »
Update: Dungeon Beta 4 is out! Now with fixed lighting and a secret flag somewhere in the top section. (hint: remember when I asked about shootable walls.) Check it out in the download link. I am open to feedback about my lighting, secret flag, the bases, and pretty much anything you'd like to see improved about my map.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
A demo is attached please Use a grid of 16.
Don't try completly complex to start off. Try a small house a something. If you send the house to me I could check it out and help you with it. Just PM me if you need me.

Ill do missalignments and stuff when you've done everything in the .dm2. Because theres just way too many at the moment.
(just in case you don't know how to watch it. Put the .dm2 in the paintball/pball/demos folder. Then open paintball 2 up and press play then play recorded demo. Look for Dungeon_b4.) Good Luck.