This build includes a bunch of changes to the menu buttons, dialogs, and popup system to help make the UI look more polished and be less annoying (no more dialogs that you have to click [OK] on when your get auto-switched). There are also a bunch of other tweaks and bug fixes.
build 37 client/engine:
- Feature: Server list sorting by type (name/ping/map/players). (Thanks, ViciouZ)
- Feature: Console input history is saved. 2:11 AM 10/3/2012
- Feature: Added buttons to menu system.
- Feature: Added "include" functionality to menu system. 2:43 PM 10/30/2012
- Feature: Text in the menus now goes through the translation system (to make supporting other languages easier). 11:26 PM 11/1/2012
- Bugfix: Fixed ability to translate dialog strings. 11:01 PM 9/26/2012
- Bugfix: Fixed bug where if you switched to full screen in a lower resolution and the window was too far to the side, the mouse would constantly register as moving. 2:28 PM 10/6/2012
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with "getmaplist" command that was sometimes causing not all of the list to populate on the voting screen. 9:58 PM 10/29/2012
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug in my hash algorithm where it was allocating 1 less element than it should. 11:10 PM 11/1/2012
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where if you clicked on a menu item, then moved the mouse off of it, the item would be stuck selected. 10:32 PM 11/5/2012
- Tweak: Stripped leading spaces off of server names in the server browser. 11:23 PM 10/2/2012
- Tweak: "map" command checks for the map in the "beta" and "inprogress" directories as well as the root maps directory. 9:28 PM 10/3/2012
- Tweak: Switched mouse turn variables to floating point for better turning precision. 9:49 PM 10/5/2012
- Tweak: Made it so the mouse cursor uses the windows mouse cursor position in windowed mode at the menu, and you can resize/move the window while the menu is open. 11:06 PM 10/5/2012
- Tweak: "getmaplist" command now outputs results to the console if the console is down. 9:59 PM 10/29/2012
- Tweak: "maplist" forwards to "getmaplist" command to stop overflows. 10:01 PM 10/29/2012
- Tweak: Revamped dialog boxes to use new bpic and wordwrap system and support translations. 10:33 PM 11/5/2012
- Tweak: Only attempt to auto-login if a password is set. 10:54 PM 11/5/2012
- Tweak: Made profile login failures display more informative dialogs instead of a generic one and printing the actual error to the console. 9:10 PM 11/6/2012
- Cvar: "m_fovscale" - If enabled, scales the mouse turn speed based on your FOV. At 90 degrees there is no difference, if you zoom in or out, you will turn slower or faster, respectively. Set to 0 to disable.
- Cvar: "cl_drawfps" - Added a new option, 3, which displays the lowest framerate every half second. Useful for detecting single-frame drops. 11:32 PM 10/5/2012
- Cvar: "cl_menu" - Can be used to specify a subdirectory for custom menu files. (Thanks, T3RR0R15T)
- Command: "menu_refresh" - Optimized version of "menu_reload". Only refreshes the current menu and does not reload menus from disk. (Useful for advanced menu scripting). 10/6/2012
- Media: Revamped a bunch of the menus to use buttons and better backgrounds / borders.
- Media: Some tweaks to the tutorial map.
1.926 (build 182) game dll:
- Made g_autorecord 2 only record on dedicated password protected servers, so if you start a local server and have a password set, it won't generate a bunch of useless demo files by default. 10:12 PM 9/18/2012
- Optimized entity searching in game code to improve server performance. 10:34 PM 9/18/2012
- Added an epsilon check to flag returns to hopefully fix the multi-flag-return bug when the flag is just slightly off from the base. 11:59 PM 9/18/2012
- Don't kick people into observer for idling in the tutorial map. 12:02 AM 9/19/2012
- Killed players velocity when he hits a tutorial dialog on the tutorial map so people are less likely to trigger multiple dialogs. 12:16 AM 9/19/2012
- Made it so people can't wave while moving, instead of stopping players when they move. 11:25 PM 9/25/2012
- Fixed a bug with bad a team/skin index when switching to observer and suiciding with grenades. 11:57 PM 9/25/2012
- Fixed people being able to suicide with grenades and kill (former) teammates. 12:55 AM 9/26/2012
- Changed sv_minclientbuild kick message to "You need build XX or higher. http://www.digitalpaint.org/
" Unfortunately it's limited to 64 characters so I couldn't get more than that. 8:19 PM 9/26/2012
- Tweaked "newmap" command to check for maps in the "beta/" and "inprogress/" directory. 12:55 AM 9/27/2012
- Stripped formatting from names when using the "listuserip" command. 6:10 PM 10/6/2012
- Fixed server shutting down with no spawn points when loading a map in elim mode that has spawn points that are all set to specific game modes. 10:47 PM 10/14/2012
- Added "lastmap" command - displays the map that was played before the current one. 5:29 PM 10/21/2012
- Made it so people can't use reserved/inappropriate names while not logged in. 8:35 PM 10/21/2012
- Added wildcards to the "rotation del" command (also fixed some bad logic that could lead to crashes). 10:42 PM 10/21/2012
As always, you're responsible for updating should any exploits be discovered in this build.