Author Topic: NEWMAP AGENT  (Read 6328 times)

nook!e

• PGP
NEWMAP AGENT
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
Ive Been Texting Out The Mapping Program And I Came Out With a new map its based on Pakistan.  Last Pic Didnt Work So Its This one http://i.imgur.com/Bl7c9ne.jpg

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: NEWMAP AGENT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:17:53 AM »
looks old school. bet clipz will orgasm over it

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:37 AM »
Omg! As soon as I looked at it I was like 'that looks like Pakistan'.

nook!e

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:42:31 PM »
Yeah i tried to make it look old school.And Lol Rick.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
I've played it, don't care for it. Its better then what other players are releasing but middle is dull and going the side paths are almost useless. You can speed from flag one to flag one across mid in two seconds. I also suggest you delete the two flag or make it more difficult to get to.  Still not bad for a first map good job nookie.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:08:35 PM by Clipz »

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 12:38:03 AM »
Isnt his first..

and isnt that what most maps are like nowadays? jump jump jump got flag yay now ill jump jump oh already back at cap..

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:15:34 AM »
I'll have a look at the map later, sorry :-\

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta! Renamed to agent_b1. Let me know if you need the login.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »
Isnt his first..

and isnt that what most maps are like nowadays? jump jump jump got flag yay now ill jump jump oh already back at cap..

Well its still 20X better then the crap other people have posted.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
Isnt his first..

Sir, I rather play maps that involves speed and jumps because so I can do some insanely meddling exordinary shots that may make everyone go "LOLOLOLOLOL" and the victim of that shot will say"DEMO PLEASE" and not some map that involves straight up lining a place and get kills like that, I'm sure most players agree with this statement.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
A few things:

- Make sure you use a beta extension on your map filename.  This map is not done.
- Most of the textures on the blue side are misaligned.
- You have water at multiple heights, meaning reflections have to be rendered multiple times, causing poor performance for such a simple map.  Make sure you only have 1 surface height of water visible at a time -- it'll help performance a lot.
- The cut-off barrels look bad.  Maybe instead of doing oversized barrels and cutting them in half, you should do more realistically sized barrels (scale them down to 32 units, 12 unit radius, and scale the textures, too) and stack them to take place of the taller barrels.
- No barrel top textures are set.
- Wood plank texture over the water looks bad - I'd use a solid wood texture for that, and orient it along the length of the board.
- I'd get rid of the 2nd flag.  It seems pointless when it's right next to the 1st flag and 1 person can guard both.
- Some of the barrel positions seem to just get in the way of moving around the map.
- Some of the lights are stuck partway inside barrels.
- The lighting behind the barrels looks kind of weird - I don't think it works very well with Q2 lighting.  A lot of it just looks like light artifacting bugs.

nook!e

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
Ok.Thanks for the feedback

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »
wow toxiic first time i have to agree a statement of yours ...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 06:48:44 AM »
You need to put more detail man, I just checked it out and it's very plain! It also doesn't look very appealing.

I threw together this base real quick, based on your one. Have a look at it and see if it gives you any ideas!

nook!e

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 11:51:01 AM »
I Like it rick. and i will make a 2nd beta i like the base you made. and i have to fix the problems that jitspoe told me Thanks.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
You need to put more detail man, I just checked it out and it's very plain! It also doesn't look very appealing.

I threw together this base real quick, based on your one. Have a look at it and see if it gives you any ideas!

Rick can i have that .map file it is seXxXxXy, could I finish it up and even put your name on it?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
Go for it.