Author Topic: NewMap:RockyRoad  (Read 11346 times)

deadfroggy

• Autococker
Re: NewMap:RockyRoad
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 02:46:33 AM »
Thanks Jitspoe.
I done a midnight one in my opinion it looks better for the mapping contest. but the flames look about wierd for it..
Heres the midnight one and the daylight for beta5
once i see which ones yous like ill put it in the first post.

Midnight
http://www.mediafire.com/?lba8lepfca770in

Daylight
http://www.mediafire.com/?e31h3cmx1mlc8ww

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »
Did you add fog? I'm pretty sure that the transparent flame textures couldn't handle the fog settings.

Edit: In my opinion the fog settings are way too strong. Look at the white trees. All in all I'd prefer a daylight version with nice sun lighting settings. You can try something like this:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=714.msg221412#msg221412
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:38:03 AM by Chef-Killer »

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Yeah im just teaking little things here and there with the midnight one atm.
when i pointed at the sun i got the angle but it didnt look right. usually its bright but it wasnt bright for some reason. there were no errors or warnings when i compiled the map. so i just left it for now. Ill try again this afternoon.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »
You can post the map file here, if you have troubles with it. Make sure not to use the night sky texture when using sun lighting. The night sky texture doesn't light by default.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 01:42:49 AM »
I changed the density of the fog looks abit better now.
And Got the daylight one. Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:08:20 AM by deadfroggy »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 05:09:03 AM »
Imo you should use the second one with sun lighting and without fog (with working flames). Only the sun angle doesn't fot the sky very well, but it's easy to change. If you want to use the midnight sky, try to replace the sun lighting with other lights, e.g. light textures. For me it's way to bright for a moonlight. But it's just my opinion. Maybe other players prefer the midnight sky.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »
yeah ill just leave it as the one with sun lighting without fog.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 06:01:52 AM »
Map is online @ [OTB] Beta! Renamed rockyroad_beta5_b to rockyroad_beta5.

omni

• 68 Carbine
Feedback - NewMap:RockyRoad
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
Hey I felt I have something to say on this topic that may or may not benefit you in anyway. This is purely my recommendations and they are not the best for sure but I felt i needed to say them I'm not going to bring up misaligned textures or anything like that because im sure you can fix them.

Here Goes:

In the parts highlighted i would like to see a different texture on the face on the rock in my opinion it looks more natural.

And the same here.

On here I dont like the bridge because it isn't supported by anything and it therefore does not seem realistic, I think it would be better if there was a support or two here it may also slow down play and add cover for the basses which are very open.

You can get stuck here very easily, just thought I would bring it to you're attention you may want to change it.

The base in the centre is very open; the area where the rock is is very compact it might be beneficial to move the rock into the centre of the base although I dont think a rock would suit that space well either.

I think you should add some supports here as if would then make it look more realistic, also maybe texture the walls differently because for me personally there is too much mud about.

Again these are just my opinions, I did not comment on game-play because:
A: Its such a small map it is really hard to change it without changing the dynamic of it
B: I dont know that much about it.

By the way love the torches  
:)

Edit: I had to change one of the screenshots one did had the wrong link up.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 01:14:06 AM »
in all honesty thank you omni and i agree with you 100% and im going to do all that in beta 6.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 01:23:56 AM »
in all honesty thank you omni and i agree with you 100% and im going to do all that in beta 6.
Thanks, also you could make the beams look broken and destroyed to fit with the theme it will make the underground look abandoned-ish

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 01:56:56 AM »
I will do that.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 04:28:50 AM »
Finally Got it to work a few things Stuffed up when i added the support underground
Anyway beta6 Uploaded in first post.
Added the things omni suggested.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 02:14:48 AM »
B7 is up thankgod. This is probably going to be a final. or next beta.
Changed the torches in the middle a little bit, Changed the base texture( because i thought metal walls in the middle of nowhere makes no bloody sense.) and.... rotated textures and stuff where i needed too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
I've attached a demo with a bunch of revision suggestions.  Uploading the map to the beta server now.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 03:59:05 AM »
Thanks for the feedback ill try to work on it tommorow.