Author Topic: Neon: Final Release  (Read 38392 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Neon: Final Release
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »
This is not for the mapping contest because (1) I started this before it and (2) it doesn't fit the theme at all.

Neon is a relatively new Paintball2 map. It is rather small, but the abundance of paths allows it to be playable for a small to medium-large crowd. If it's too small, I won't hesitate to make it bigger and add a central area, but if you guys are fine with its size, I'll keep it that way.

There is one flag for each team. That can also be changed if you want.

It does have ice. There is an ice path from the base to your team's outer area. This is not the most effectice path to use, thus the n00bs trying to be "slick" (no pun intended) won't interfere with the serious gamers who are trying to win.

Please note that this map requires the BASEBALLDUDE Texture Pack. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izelNWWWd6QUhXcVk/edit?usp=sharing

The link above includes the final version of neon.

I posted a ton of (outdated) screenshots so you can get a feel for the map without downloading anything.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:00:30 PM by BASEBALLDUDE »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: New Beta Map: Neon
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
Here's some more.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:29 AM »
That brick path in the second sshot seems unrealistic as it has barely any support, and personally I don't think the texture fits either.  For the ground its fine, just not for a bridge like that :P

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:01:25 AM »
Nyancat was here

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 05:06:39 AM »
does that mean he shat all over his map singing meow meow meow. ;)

Any map is colourful playable i like how you made it so people cant just ice straight to flag. few texture issues here and there but great job baseballdude.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:39:44 AM »
So should I expand the map to make it larger/ add another flag? Let me know what you think!

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
i think you should keep it the size that it is. ( my opinion) dont add another flag it will make the map run faster.( my opinion)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
I think i just puked and then had a seizure at the same time.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »
Lol this map is horrendous!
Only good thing is the different styles of boxes.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
I think i just puked and then had a seizure at the same time.
Wait till the final version, I'm going to add a room with rapidly strobing lights.

Chef: Plz add to OTB

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
ewwww^

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 06:00:44 AM »
I'll have a look at the map later. Just noticed a hole you should fix to remove the room behind it.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 07:37:11 AM »
I'll have a look at the map later. Just noticed a hole you should fix to remove the room behind it.
I'm probably going to end up redoing that entire doorway. There are all sorts of edges jutting out if you look closely.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
Use the grid, it helps with that sort of thing.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »
Chef: Plz upload textures to OTB Beta. I was playing with someone who claimed that he didn't have the textures.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 04:57:36 AM »
Later, I can't upload them atm. For now he could use your zip file.
http://www.melloncollie.de/dp/textures/baseballdude.zip

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 05:51:53 AM »
OK just upload them as soon as you have the time. The last thing we need is a popular map that's missing half the textures. (I found the missing texture for Italy only recently, same with the cave painting from Discovery. For my first few months I was playing them without all their textures.)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
Plz upload textures to OTB Beta.

Online.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
I am going to start making neon-b2 soon. I will make it larger because right now it's just too small. I will also add another flag, just because every good map these days seems to have two flags.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
I'm not sure if changing this would look better or worse, but I notice the neon lights aren't actually emitting colored light.  You'd have to make .wal files in order for the light program to recognize the color.

I will also add another flag, just because every good map these days seems to have two flags.
Ugh.  I'd rather see more maps made with good design rather than falling back on the multi-flag crutch.  Work on making the flags easier to access and harder to defend.

I will make it larger because right now it's just too small.
I think the size is probably OK, but you need to work on the path balancing.  Pretty much everything centers around going across that mid-high path.  The other paths are slower and/or more confusing.  Work on making the other paths faster and more straightforward, and you should have plenty of play space.