Author Topic: Making a game/mod with DP2  (Read 7717 times)

Qwaseman2

• PGP
Making a game/mod with DP2
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »
Hey guys!

I was wondering if it would be possible to mod DP into something else, say a modern warfare game. (not like CoD MW) I was thinking of changing all the sounds to my own and changing the models. Since youu can get Global Banned for modifying some content, I was thinking of ways to get past it.

If anyone would like to help, there are possitions open!

Open Possitions:

Modeling:
Sound:
Textures:
Story:

Thanks!

Please leave ideas.

Im using build 16. BTW when im playing I don't see my gun in build 16.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
Re: Making a game/mod with DP2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
Im alright with modelling
sounds you can make with the inbuilt recorder on your computer most have it. if not you can get some off google.
same with the textures you can get most of them off google
and the story. dont really know.

heres a car and a man im working on for practice and maybe put them on turbosquid if they look good.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 03:44:50 AM »
If you are looking for program's on a free budget then maybe use program's like audacity and paint.net for sounds and textures. For the little coding I did/do I used codeblocks; it comes with the compiler I think you could use notepad alternatively for any coding but program's like this help you  find errors etc.

http://www.getpaint.net/
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
http://www.codeblocks.org/

There are probably better ones but they are the ones I know of and they work for me.

ps: thenewbostons tutorials on YouTube are a great place to start in my opinion maybe you could check his channel out.

Qwaseman2

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
I was thinking it could be a TF2 clone!

Possibly could be called:

Squad Compund 2  (Yeah. It sucks.)

Think of Gang Garrison 2. The title is made of synonyms of "Team" and "Fortress".

Someone, (Deadfrogy? :D) can make models similar to the characters in TF2.

The names would have to be changed also.

Heres a question: If I used abuild before 27 but after 18, how would I make it to where you wont be able to login, and how would I make servers for Dp not to show up on the server list, but servers for this game to show up. BTW there will be multiplayer. Please someone also tell me how to set up multiplayer for the game to use after its done.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
you would have to change ports and configs pretty much everything. to send udp packets i think it is to go to your server or something. in summary you would need to change i think it is for pb2 "gameplanet.gamespy something something something" to your own one. but also to something its a little confusing for me just to explain.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
Well, without programming anything, you can't change gameplay at all, just how things look. If you can program, you still can't change gameplay because it's all closed source. So any changes you make can be semantic/superficial only.

Qwaseman2

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
Could I just be able to make it to where I can use models, sounds, textutres, hud, etc in the actuall pb servers? I know I'll get banned but this is now just a visual mod. Jitspoe, will you make it to where whoever uses this will not get banned?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »
You can grab the Q2 gamex86 dll source, or better yet, maybe the ActionQuake one to start with.  The Paintball2 engine should still be compatible.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »
Just whipped up a quick model today what type of head would you like and stuff. I would prefer a reference picture of top, side and front view of the character you would like. just easier to make a character by that.
second pic to see what i mean by reference pic.

soniiiety

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »
Just whipped up a quick model today what type of head would you like and stuff. I would prefer a reference picture of top, side and front view of the character you would like. just easier to make a character by that.
second pic to see what i mean by reference pic.
woah thats awesome dude what program did you use to animate this stuff? i mean make the 3d models