Mostly just the loading screen and some bug fixes new in this one.Changelog:
build 38 (2013-05-08):
- Feature: Loading screen. (Thanks to ViciouZ for starting this).
- Bugfix: Fix for mouse not working when fov cvar is set to an invalid value. 7:31 PM 12/15/2012
- Bugfix: Fixed rare crash with footstep sounds. 12:47 AM 1/9/2013
- Tweak: Cleaned up some code to avoid switching between char * and unsigned char *. 7:00 PM 11/28/2012
- Cvar: "s_preload" - Enabled by default, forces precached sounds to load from disk. Hopefully this will fix the hitches some people have when sounds like flag grabs are played. 12:07 AM 2/26/2013
*** 1.927 build 183 ***
- Cleaned up some code to avoid switching between char * and unsigned char *. 7:00 PM 11/28/2012
- Fixed func_door_secret entities only opening once. 12:40 AM 12/7/2012
- Fixed issue with certain doors and plats destroying equipment when they shouldn't. 12:41 AM 12/7/2012
- Fixed issue in tutorial map where if you start in debug mode or with bots, then disable debug mode / remove bots, you would keep getting points for touching the enemy flag. 12:46 AM 2/26/2013
- Precached some grenade sounds. 12:46 AM 2/26/2013
- Added "supportedmodes" command for displaying what modes are supported by the current map. 8:20 PM 4/19/2013
- Fixed issue where observers could become solid. 9:52 PM 5/5/2013
- Made it so people can switch to observer at the game end (just not to other teams). 8:26 PM 5/6/2013Attention, server admins! If you're running servers with the Build 38 package, please grab this small patch and replace the game library:
Windows: gamx86.dll version 1.928
Linux: gamei386.so version 1.928
(Note: These links will likely be dead after the next full release. They're just a temporary patch).
Simply extract the file to the paintball2/pball/ directory and replace the existing gamex86.dll or gamei386.so.
I made a small error when cleaning up some of the team code, and the auto-balance will try to force players to the wrong team, causing a flood of messages and sometimes kicking. This patch fixes it. It is only necessary for servers.
While I was in the code, I made a minor tweak to the algorithm as well. It now takes into account how long you've been playing on the map and will make players that have been playing longer less likely to be auto-switched.
If you're curious exactly how the autobalance algorithm works, or you have some feedback on it, <a href="http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11162.msg233650#msg233650
">visit this thread</a>.