Author Topic: Multi Accounts: Bolter, EagleSniper10  (Read 11133 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: Multi Accounts: Bolter, EagleSniper10
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:37 PM »
MultiAccounts...
I accepted the rule! It isnt a problem to use only one account but sometimes it would be nice to have two completly seperate "profiles" to manage... ATM this is only possible with multi accounts.
Why not a function that allows you to have different profiles... Let the people allow via function to create a second profile with an own profile id... So you got the Account ID and a Profile ID. The Account ID stays over the Profile ID but you can by anonymous and manage some things seperate...
Profiles shouldnt be able to: Have a Clan (Just the function if the profile shows your Accountclan or not), Have double names (5 more names would be ok).

I think that this would help alot!
Maybe add something like a friendlist and everybody would be happy and wouldnt need any second account to be anonymous, BUT still has an ID!

I would love it!

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »
A couple of days ago I was talking to ccquickstep (the one who's account was used for "sharing") and he is Bolter/EagleSniper's (they are the same person) brother. He said Eaglesniper hacked his account, put all of his names in it, and trashed it by joining and creating useless clans.
ccquickstep told me he was playing MineCraft for a while, so I believed him and decided to ask Eagle. He denied that he hacked his brother's account.

So I think EagleSniper10 should be banned for hacking into his brother's account, AND he made a new one during his brother's inactivity. He also ADMITTED to me saying he had multiple accounts (specificially Bolter, EagleSniper10), and then denied the fact and said that his brother said he had multi's.

I believe ccquickstep on this one; Although I don't want HIM to get banned. He did erase all of the names Eagle had made on his account, and is doing quite well in DP right now.

This is kind of like Sharing Accounts, except his brother hacked into his instead of quickstep giving Eagle the password. I hope you understand.

Is this still being looked at?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »
Are you certain ccquickstep and Bolter/EagleSniper are different people, and that he's not just making the brother thing up as an excuse?

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »
Are you certain ccquickstep and Bolter/EagleSniper are different people, and that he's not just making the brother thing up as an excuse?
+1

@LaZeRs: You need to provide more info; no one in the history of dp has been banned just by someone saying blaming someone. Please provide demo of his IP, proper locs, GLS ID#.

Also, could someone explain me the logic behind why sharing account is bad enough to get a player banned?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:43:02 PM by Toxiic »

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »
@LaZeRs: You need to provide more info; no one in the history of dp has been banned just by someone saying blaming someone. Please provide demo of his IP, proper locs, GLS ID#.
Well, I don't have his IP, but maybe someone could get their IP addresses. (I was thinking of Superman, since they both go on his server alot). But I do have his/their GLS ID's.
Bolter: http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=viewmember&playerid=206750
EagleSniper10: http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=viewmember&playerid=216431

Also, could someone explain me the logic behind why sharing account is bad enough to get a player banned?
Quote from: Digital Paint Global Login System
Only One Account Per Person
1. One. Uno. Un. Once you've registered an account, you can add multiple player names to it, so there should be no need for additional accounts. Registering more than one account may result in a global ban from all game servers.
I guess it's just a rule, ToXiiC. If jitspoe says you can't, then you can't.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »
honestly people like this who just play this game one a week and don't troll/rage/spam/annoy people or cause a pain in the community like most of us do, should just get a warning, like 95% of the people who download a game don't read the ToS or think making a new account is against the rules because in every other FPS game there's no rules against it. Since this is the main reason these newer people are getting banned i think you should make the multi thing more noticeable in the ToS, put like huge block letters(maybe u have done that, haven't seen the ToS in years) or it shouldn't be a bannable offence, at least to new players, give them a warning.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »
honestly people like this who just play this game one a week and don't troll/rage/spam/annoy people or cause a pain in the community like most of us do, should just get a warning, like 95% of the people who download a game don't read the ToS or think making a new account is against the rules because in every other FPS game there's no rules against it. Since this is the main reason these newer people are getting banned i think you should make the multi thing more noticeable in the ToS, put like huge block letters(maybe u have done that, haven't seen the ToS in years) or it shouldn't be a bannable offence, at least to new players, give them a warning.
+9000

No other major or any FPS that I have played other than this game has this rule.

I guess it's just a rule, ToXiiC. If jitspoe says you can't, then you can't.
I already know why this rule was created and what purpose it served for, I know why sharing accounts rule were/was created for too. These two rules have no meaning. I guess its just a rule, that's why we have to follow them; but that doesn't mean we can't question it. Wanna know why these rules were created for? The multi accounts rule was created for 1 major reason; name "stealing". But that does not even make sense now, ever since the GLS was created and was created to protect names "spoofing" and clan "spoofing". But now the GLS is almost, if not, perfect; I can't even think of a way to steal names or clans. So tell me this, if someone deletes their names, then that is/was there choice; they obviously don't care for that name(s) anymore. So knowning that, why in the world is multi accounts even a big thing enough to "ban" a player now? The only reason would be to prevent players to have multiply clans and have one person that is two different clans. It'd be annoying, but not bad enough to be banned. I'm not saying I'm against the rule; its more like I agree with that rule, but in my oppinon it should not be something bannable, but rather suspendable or mergable.

Its just hurting this game, since these new players have to go through this mental proccess of "not having multiply accounts", since nowadays almost all games allows that, sadly to say, its old fashioned. That's why exp/global(stats) level system is needed so players start to stick to one account (accounts have more value to them), rather than make multiplys.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 05:52:42 PM »
The Multiple Accounts rule was created also because of account spamming.

I guess you're right, you do have the right to question it, but why not ask jitspoe himself? He probably knows why.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
Let me clear something: Rule one account was created mostly because of jitspoe wanting to keep track of everyone. He happily logs your hardware ID each time you log in, and he doesn't want to make tracing you harder, so he limits you to one account.
If anybody thinks this is because of account spam: He doesn't care. We have so many inactive accounts and so many inactive clans, yet he doesn't care.

Its just hurting this game, since these new players have to go through this mental proccess of "not having multiply accounts", since nowadays almost all games allows that, sadly to say, its old fashioned. That's why exp/global(stats) level system is needed so players start to stick to one account (accounts have more value to them), rather than make multiplys.
I can't agree, most new games use some kind of global account, and doesn't even allow you to play without account (jitspoe does). exp/global stats are overrated IMO. The problem is there are no official tournaments that are affiliated by jitspoe (like: they are announced on news page, results are posted there and rules are formed by committee/jitspoe, maybe also dedicated page for displaying all results). This would help involve people in competitive play, not global exp/stats. Why? Because global stats doesn't mean skill: I can go around some speed and spawnkill everyone to get awesome K/D ratio, so many kills, not many deaths. For grabs/caps I can play with some newbie.
Another thing that I think would help could be global ranking, which would be calculated on basis of something like this: Both players prior to match agree that they want to have ranking match, then play and post screenshots of what was result. Then basing on that, everyone get some +/- points on ranking. Yet it would involve extending GLS, so this is not going to happen in this year.