Author Topic: What settings are allowed ingame and which not?  (Read 2300 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
What settings are allowed ingame and which not?
« on: November 01, 2013, 03:57:43 AM »
I really just like a few effects and settings in paintball...

But there just some different things that maybe unfair but look pretty cool or realistic!

I just use a few different things in Paintball that other dont use... Motionblur, yes but thats not really an advantage...

I mean stuff like autobrightness... Is that allowed? Actually i use it since 2 days... Just found it in the console while typing excrement into...
Autobrightness is realistic how the human eye reacts to the sunlight and shadows and darker playes and so on!

I just dont know if such things are allowed or not...
Because ive heard that some things like pushing the lightmap_gamma or something like that isnt allowed!

So just give me an list on what is allowed or better what not!

TRION

• 68 Carbine
Re: What settings are allowed ingame and which not?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:33:28 AM »
this game is open source so all settings are allowed except:
1. Those which change the gaming protocol..
2. Gives you in-game advantage...
3. Change the anti-cheat engine by jitspoe..
You can compile ur own dp2 if you want and have enough knowledge of programming...

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:53:30 AM »
Ok thats right...

But i mean, oh dear thats difficult to explain...

To your second point: I think that it is a part of advantage when you got autobrightness enabled BUT its a part of the game... an official part of the game like doublejump/zoom scripts and so on... They just give me also an advantage but ARE ALLOWED!

So i just ask if it is also allowed like a zoom or a doublejumpscript or whatever...

because i just think... why should be something not allowed when its implemented for useage... Thats just freakin stupid to count it as a unallowed "cheat or advantage"...

Everyone is able to use those things (scripts again) and in my opinion when something is accessable to everybody i think its allowed then!

I just need the opinions from those guys who got the rights to ban guys for that... Because those guys know what im talkin and those guys got the decision if i get banned for that or not!

I hope you can understand me and my love to automatic scripted things! I really love those features that allow me to let the game work for me! Let my scripts work for me!
And i can say you, i got a lot of scripts, when i want to enable them! More than you can imagine!
(autogren, zoom/gren toggle, DJ, autodebug, tripleJump->scriptfail and so on) (and a really experimental one: The dynamic crosshair...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:07:14 AM »
Ok thats right...

But i mean, oh dear thats difficult to explain...

To your second point: I think that it is a part of advantage when you got autobrightness enabled BUT its a part of the game... an official part of the game like doublejump/zoom scripts and so on... They just give me also an advantage but ARE ALLOWED!

So i just ask if it is also allowed like a zoom or a doublejumpscript or whatever...

because i just think... why should be something not allowed when its implemented for useage... Thats just freakin stupid to count it as a unallowed "cheat or advantage"...

Everyone is able to use those things (scripts again) and in my opinion when something is accessable to everybody i think its allowed then!

I just need the opinions from those guys who got the rights to ban guys for that... Because those guys know what im talkin and those guys got the decision if i get banned for that or not!

I hope you can understand me and my love to automatic scripted things! I really love those features that allow me to let the game work for me! Let my scripts work for me!
And i can say you, i got a lot of scripts, when i want to enable them! More than you can imagine!
(autogren, zoom/gren toggle, DJ, autodebug, tripleJump->scriptfail and so on) (and a really experimental one: The dynamic crosshair...
If it's a script, your best bet is getting in contact with Jitspoe, as no one else can really say for sure if it's allowed or not. He has been very active lately and will probably reply soon! Until then, I'd refrain from using it.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 04:28:23 AM »
Only thing that i use atm is:

autobrighntess
gren/zoom toggle (simple zoom like on the forums)
auto debug
doublejump

I explain those:

autobrighntess... (Just a console setting)

gren/zoom toggle: I can press q to switch between grenade and zoommode... in grenademode my crosshiar is red and i can throw a grenade with Mouse2. In zoommode i got the same crosshiar in white and i can zoom like in counterstrike with selfmade crosshair.

auto debug: Just toggles the wireframe and later maybe the waterdebug too... (gl_showtris, r_reflectivewater_debug)

doublejump: I think everybody knows that i presses the spacebar a few times for you automatically...

Other scripts that are not doneBut maybe in progress:

autogren: when i throw the greande i got a counter and a bar on my crosshiar that counts down to 0... Thats the moment when the greande will explode! autogrenade also features that it throws the grenade automatically before it can hit yourself... You should be able to toggle betwenn autothrow and autocount...

triplejump: Its just a long version of the doublejump that doesnt work... Its like the doublejump but buggy because of useless additional code... (More waits and +moveups[-movedown too])

dynamic crosshiar (done yet but not combineable with gren/zoom toggle...But i want to combine those!

It just changes the crosshiar depending on what you are doing... you walk slow, the crosshiaroutlines will move together...
You jump--> The crosshiar will spread out
You crouch (and thats the cool part) There is an animation that it will move in the outlines and move out the inner ones...

Everything is nothing special and does not give me a real advantage but its just cool for me and i like it to have animations and cool togglestuff!
Only thing that is weird with advantages is the autobrightness but shockwave uses it too! Along long time... We can see that in his fragmovies!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
Console settings and whatnot are fine.  The brightness settings are there for people with dark/miscalibrated monitors.  Unfortuantely, there's no way to detect how bright people's monitors are and enforce that people with bright monitors don't use brighter settings.  There's just a calibration page to try to get people using roughly the same visuals.

While I'm not fond of people using double jump scripts, at least, with it being part of the game, I guess it's more balanced than people using things keyboards with macro support, which would be almost impossible to detect/enforce rules against.  I believe manual jumping can give you better control/timing on a lot of jumps, so it's possible for somebody not using a script to surpass the jumping skills of somebody using a script, which is good.

I'm fine with HUD modifications.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 02:35:33 PM »
Thats nice to hear! Im so happy, that you are ok with those things...

Just a little extra: The brighntess doesnt affect my brightness at all! It just doesnt matter, if i got 1 or 0 or something else (0.5)...
That just decides how aggressive the autobrightness will work!

Si i actually dont know if you want me to deactivate it or not but for what else is it done? It is actually made for dynamic lightning conditions... Because... Why should the brightness change automatically among the shadow darkness... That does just not fit into the normal brightness function because dark should be dark and bright should be bright... So its just a shading effect for realistic looking lightning effects!

Just my opinion...

And as you say... Nobody can check that i got it for cheating or for greater graphics!

Im little bit confused but i wont do anything now until any admin wants to stop me using that autobrightness effect!