Author Topic: This game meddling sucks and here is why in my humble and valid opinion  (Read 7531 times)

cusoman

• Autococker
Re: This game meddling sucks and here is why in my humble and valid opinion
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »
I don't see why spawn shields couldn't just be a server setting, that way match servers could disable it for "authentic" play and speed servers could enable it because speed servers without spawn shields are pretty terrible :)

I don't think removing speed servers is the solution, given they are the most popular servers for new players.  We're trying to retain new players, yes?

- Cusoman

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »
How about this: each person, upon spawning, gets a 1 or 2 second period where they can neither shoot nor get shot. This way, they have time to juke out the spawn killers while not being the invincible gunman. This should probably be an optional feature for servers to either use or ignore, but would be highly recommended for speed servers.

Bitius

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »
I was thinking about that myself too, But it would still have some flaws, (hunting the newly spawned player and killing him/her) or something like that

friedmice17

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »
At least then they'd have to leave spawn to catch them and give others a chance to fight back

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 04:52:23 PM »
I'll see if I can come up with some better way of handling respawns for the next build.  I think some maps are just going to have no win scenarios for spawn camping, though.  Some maps have spawn rooms (ex: propaint series), and even with full on spawn protection for a couple seconds, by the time you exit the room, you're vulnerable again.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »
Hey, friedmice17, Lemme just tell you camping, spawnkilling, and 1 hit KO attacks make this game the BEST. You don't have to chase and shoot the other players just to drain thier lives to 0. This thread means, you're a newb, you like speed servers. Lemme just tell you again, there is a search function. I learned that from Clipz and Payl. So have respect and wait for development. I wanna answer your reactions about this game:

1. No spawn shields? The only spawn shields in this game are you're reflexes. =P
2. Why do we need bots? For training. Haven't you trained yet?
3. Yes, jumps are amazing. You won't literally kill Cuso and MyeRs for real.... Cuz they are the best!
4. If jitspoe dosen't play, Then how'd this game improve? Because of us. We post demos, screenshot and we don't have the fear to tell what's wrong.
5. "Stop pretending this will be a thing. This won't be a thing" ........ IT'S ALREADY A THING!!

That's all. Thank you.

~FusSioN

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »
Hey, friedmice17, Lemme just tell you camping, spawnkilling, and 1 hit KO attacks make this game the BEST.
That's an opinion I never would've expected from somebody.

friedmice17

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »
Lol, I kill Cuso on a regular basis.  Bots train you to fight bots.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »
Lol, I kill Cuso on a regular basis.  Bots train you to fight bots.
No they don't

friedmice17

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
Yes they do.  Name any game that someone got professionally good at by playing vs. bots.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 10:08:50 AM »
Well, you're probably not going to reach a professional level playing bots.  I don't think that's what anybody is expecting.  Bots are more for the new-to-average players.  Some people don't stand a chance even against average players.  Perhaps playing with bots can help build up their skills a bit to the point where they can play online and have an enjoyable experience.  Playing into the game for the first time, getting murdered repeatedly, having your teammates yell at you because you let the enemy cap the flag on you, etc. is not likely the experience that will make people stick around.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »
Yes they do.  Name any game that someone got professionally good at by playing vs. bots.
Paintball2. I got to move like a bot and I dodge very good.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 11:31:32 PM »
Yes they do.  Name any game that someone got professionally good at by playing vs. bots.
games that only have bots haha