Author Topic: Neon (small patch)  (Read 7123 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Neon (small patch)
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »
NEON

I've been working on Neon for a long time, and it's finally ready for its final release. Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback on this map; I appreciate your help.

Server admins, I highly encourage you to add this map to your rotations to see how gameplay works out. I think I'm speaking for the pub/speed community when I say we need a good new map. Neon has gameplay that is primarily designed for speed and pub games. According to #sPec#, it is also a fun challenging match map, but I don't do matching so I have no idea if this is actually true.

Download Neon here in .zip format: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izTldPVENRRFJKN0U/edit?usp=sharing (includes all custom textures, the mapshot, the mapinfo, and the map itself) (Updated with current patch)

To see the discussion and development of this map, check out its beta/inprogress thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=25733

The following is from maps/mapinfo/neon.txt:

Neon is a relatively new map for Paintball2 by BASEBALLDUDE.

With a ton of custom textures, you will first find this map to be annoying because you will have to download all of my custom textures.
But once you have all the files, you will find neon to be a beautiful map, with a large fountain marking the middle of the map and plenty of neon lights.

You will also be in for a real surprise at the end of the game- although it's not a surprise now that you know it-
where you visit Nyan Cat's bathroom with rapidly strobing colored neon lights.

Neon has a ton of paths. From high paths to low paths, from crowded paths to deserted paths,
from easy paths to challenging paths, neon has PATHS!

If you have a slow computer, neon might not be the right choice for you.
The r_speeds can be high in certain places, in other words there can be a visible lag present at times.

Created by: BASEBALLDUDE

Credit to: BASEBALLDUDE
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:07:52 PM by BASEBALLDUDE »

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Re: Neon
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »
I like neon very much, even after seeing those blinding colors so many times. It does have a pretty good flow through it. I added this to the LaZeRs Hangout rotation. Enjoy!

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »
I like neon very much, even after seeing those blinding colors so many times. It does have a pretty good flow through it. I added this to the LaZeRs Hangout rotation. Enjoy!
Thanks!

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »
Oh crap, just noticed a misalignment. It's no big deal, it's kinda hard to see, but I'll fix that when the official maplist happens.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »
Upload a fixed version now, so i don't need to upload the old one :P

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »
Upload a fixed version now, so i don't need to upload the old one :P
Good idea except I don't have my computer with me right now so I'll get around to doing that next year.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Neon (small patch)
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 06:02:58 PM »
Patch: Fixed a couple of misalignments and made the main flag stand prettier
Full Download (includes textures, mapinfo, and new mapshot) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izTldPVENRRFJKN0U/edit?usp=sharing
Just the BSP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByutPv2Z36izZHdjWUFVdElKSEk/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Mapshot below (insert it into pball/pics/mapshots/)

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
I have a little bit of seizures but I like this map. :D

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 03:56:05 AM »
Updated Mapshot below (insert it into pball/pics/mapshots/)

AFAIK, Mapshots should be created in a 4:3 aspect ratio and the scaled to 128x128. Yours is much bigger, which will make it use up much space while noone profits. When rendered ingame, the piucture still looks like the attached one.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 10:33:46 PM »