Author Topic: Cargo  (Read 17802 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Cargo
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
OK, I forwarded them to the email you sent it from and the email on your forum account.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »
Finally got around to fixing this up a little. Not finished, but spent some time this afternoon changing some things up and adding a lower level. Changed quite a bit from the last beta. Should play/look very different than the last version on here. Added a link here and in the first post.

Download: Beta 3
Fixes the following.
-Changing the textures to have a proper naming system
-Changing blue containers to have a proper lid.
-Fixing compiling error on the bow/stern railing.
-Add clipping on little edges etc. where people are getting stuck.
-Change edge clipping to allow players to get on the railing, except for on stern/bow
-Redo the bases to get rid of the ugly shadowing that is going on
-Slow down the top route
-Looking into alternatives to glass that would still allow for decent vision. Probably changing to that metal cable/grid texture.
-Slowed down speed jump, still doable, but not as OP
-Made lower path slightly faster with a few options to get up top easier in the mid
-Create a few new textures
-Widen the map/paths or add a new layer

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
Sweet.  Hopefully I'll have time to check it out when I get home.  Do you need to send me a copy of the .map for safe keeping? ;)

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
Hehe I have everything triple saved this time.

Also, darkened the textures slightly, will need to grab the new ones for beta 3. Added a link in the first post.

Needed Textures (updated for beta 3)
-Includes textures I made, ub's containers, and the env.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:32:27 AM by Ace »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 12:58:14 AM »
Hehe I have everything triple saved this time.

Also, darkened the textures slightly, will need to grab the new ones for beta 3. Added a link in the first post.

Needed Textures (updated for beta 3)
-Includes textures I made, ub's containers, and the env.

Mega is not working for me. It says "unable to load webpage."

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 01:20:08 AM »
Mega is not working for me. It says "unable to load webpage."

works fine for me on any browser, not signed or signed in, check your computer

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
maybe it's blocked in the US?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2014, 01:42:44 PM »
I'm from the US, so I derno, I'll add links to another site later today.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2014, 12:13:06 AM »
Sorry for the delay... been crazy busy with work and such lately, but I finally uploaded this to the ev1 beta server.

Some quick feedback:

- I like the new (I think it's new?) center ladder.
- The gap between the flag and the higher platform can be pretty annoying, especially since the flag platform is sloped, so the jumping doesn't always behave the way you're used to.  Maybe a little ledge or something that prevents you from falling all the way down would be helpful.  I could see grabbing the flag, then dying because of this being really frustrating.
- The fence texture seems a little weird/out of place.  I guess it's more plausible than glass, but it just doesn't look right.  Maybe we need to make a new texture for that.
- I don't like the visuals of the lower area.  One of the things that I really liked about this map was the fact that it had more realistic-ish visuals, but managed to maintain the pb2 gameplay.  The lower area just looks out of place/unfinished.  Also, having huge walls of transparent textures overlapping is really bad for performance.
- Consider using a ladder clip brush to make just the parts of the ladder where you won't get stuck climbable (if you climb up on the edge, you'll hit your head, for instance, and you have to be very near the center to climb that center ladder).
- One piece of the small staircase ladder railings was like 1 unit off.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »
Thanks for the feedback:
-Center ladder was there before :)
-The gap was there so that people could run completely around the flag area, but I may just lower the entire flag area, and change the way of getting up top
-The fence texture was really the only one I saw that was even usable. I'm not really sure what would fit better, if anyone has ideas let me know.
-The lower area is unfinished. I think it needs a lower area for gameplay reasons, but I'm struggling to tie it in well. I'll at least get rid of the transparent crap.
-The ladders have clip brushes on them now, I thought just on the front, but I'll give it a check.
-Fixed that railing that was 1 unit off.

I'll try to put out another beta sometime before December with some fixes and a lower section overhaul.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 02:28:49 PM »
Having the gap so you can run around is fine, but it would be nice if there was a small ledge or something that let you jump to the higher platform without falling completely into the gap if you do something like overshoot the railing or miss the double jump.

For the ladder clip brushes, you should make them narrower than the ladder itself, so you can't climb up the sides/edges where you'll hit your head at the top.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2019, 01:44:57 AM »
Would be nice to see this map finished up.  No major complaints, but you might want to finish off your checklist and maybe streamline access to the flag a little bit.  Other than that, it flows pretty well and could be considered final.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2019, 12:58:40 PM »
Some places like flagspots are not optimized. Framerates are low there & there.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2019, 07:33:21 PM »
I'll take a look at what I have. My mapping has gotten a lot better since I made this and I think I could make some fun changes. I'll update in the next week or so.