Author Topic: Help Me Prev.ent Spawn Camping  (Read 8293 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Re: Help Me Prev.ent Spawn Camping
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
Haha, although it is a troll place for the newbs, it does encourage hard, sitting camping there. It is pretty annoying to get killed by a newbie who sits on that ledge ten times.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
Haha, although it is a troll place for the newbs, it does encourage hard, sitting camping there. It is pretty annoying to get killed by a newbie who sits on that ledge ten times.

I guess so, I sorta thought it would open up the map a bit more.  On a speed server there will almost always be people in the base, with a spawn point up there it sorta makes the base feel bigger, one more spot for your enemies to be.
I remember reading something about level design, one of the hardest things to get a player to do is look up.  Once you play the map a bunch of times you will expect to see people up there.

I think I will leave it as-is for now.  I will think about removing it again if I get any more complaints.

Also the .ent for wipa is finished.  I added five more spawns in each base.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 12:16:23 PM »
I remember reading something about level design, one of the hardest things to get a player to do is look up.
That's another thing that makes neon confusing. If you're in lower base, the thing that shoots you up to main flag doesn't look like anything special at first.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:21 AM »
Maybe put a spawn on the blue thing. Or maybe one inside the bd room.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »
Maybe put a spawn on the blue thing. Or maybe one inside the bd room.

One on the pillar isn't a bad idea.  I didn't want to put any in the bd because they would get out to mid sooner than everyone else.

Edit:  First post has been updated with a few more maps for me to do.  I will get them done soon.

Edit2:  Napalm .ent has been uploaded.  Fixed angles and added four spawn points per base.

Edit3:  Frostbit2 .ent PGP edition has been completed.  Changed to pgp-mode, fixed angles and aded five additional spawn points per base.

Edit4:  Cream .ent has been uploaded.  I added a loaded 20OZ CO2 to each spawn.

Edit 5:  Nolandr .ent is done.  Added equipment to each spawn and added a few additional spawns per base.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:05:14 PM by SuperMAn »

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 08:26:16 AM »
JeongWa's ent file:

- ub_cliff (more spawns preventing respawn kills)

- propaint1 (spawns in base preventing respawn kills)

- wobluda_fix (more spawns preventing respawn kills)

- shazam22 (spawning with equipments for PGP)

- olympiad (fixed the spawns)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:52:43 PM by JeongWa »