Author Topic: [Feature] Right-Click Context Menus  (Read 3042 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
[Feature] Right-Click Context Menus
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »
I thought there was already a feature vote for this, but I guess not.

The idea is that you would be able to right-click on things and get a drop-down menu of options.  For example, you could right-click on somebody's name on the scoreboard and get options to ignore, specinvite, kick, mute, etc.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
Re: [Feature] Right-Click Context Menus
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »
I thought there was already a feature vote for this, but I guess not.

The idea is that you would be able to right-click on things and get a drop-down menu of options.  For example, you could right-click on somebody's name on the scoreboard and get options to ignore, specinvite, kick, mute, etc.
Well, maybe I'm weird but I think it would be actually slower to do than typing into console.
I would instead like to see some autocomplete when you try to fill player name. Like: You type in "ignore pay", then tab and client performs search for 'pay' in players and if there is exactly one match replace 'pay' with player ID.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
Menus are faster if you don't know what the console commands are (ex: new player).  For everybody else, the console commands will still be there.  I have a feeling a ton of people don't even know the "ignore" command exists.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:37:02 AM »
Menus are faster if you don't know what the console commands are (ex: new player).  For everybody else, the console commands will still be there.  I have a feeling a ton of people don't even know the "ignore" command exists.
Yeah, it could be useful but it would possibly involve extending your menus, and I'm not sure how it would turn out.
About people not knowing: Dude, there are people that didn't know about this website and that they need to update their client and they kept playing at b16 on "Podkarpacie PL" until it was closed...
That's why we need wiki: Because there is no place right now where people can learn about game functions/things. I believe this should be first thing to do, then we can actually think about extending game functions (I think ignore/mute was present in Bono menus, he just had button next to the list).

Jitspoe, you have a lot of great ideas, but you have trouble focusing on one thing for longer time: What about bots? What about tutorial map? What about wiki? (Let alone hr4 textures!) Those are things that need to be at least partially sorted out before moving on. At least that how I see it: First idea, then implementation, without mixing everything too much.