Author Topic: Cheat Detected: Streem  (Read 19168 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Cheat Detected: Streem
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 11:25:40 PM »
1. At least Jitspoe TRIED to contact Streem, he could've just banned him straight up.
2. Streem's ban can be reduced.
3. Streem did something against the rules.

Not sticking up for this guy but the email I signed up with I never use.
How is that Jitspoe's fault? It was your choice.

I don't disagree on banning him just think email isn't the best way of contacting people for a video game.

The only thing I disagree with alot is 1024 days. People are getting banned the same for a cheat as if they distributed it.

Besides going through the Committee, what would you suggest? Signing up with personal phone numbers?

The 1024 day ban can be reduced by simply admitting and providing the modified content or w.e to Jitspoe, or has this been changed?

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
Besides going through the Committee, what would you suggest? Signing up with personal phone numbers?
Signing up with postal/zip codes and mail box numbers.

Streem

• PGP
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2014, 12:25:57 AM »
E-mail ...zajic30 can not be used...My really e-mail is klostere@seznam.cz.. really i don't know..WHY.. I don't have anything against the rules...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »
E-mail ...zajic30 can not be used...My really e-mail is klostere@seznam.cz.. really i don't know..WHY.. I don't have anything against the rules...
If you haven't used cheats, you've most likely used illegal textures. If you upload a picture of pp1 or some other mainstream map, without changing the textures of course, we will be able to tell you what's up.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2014, 06:27:05 AM »
If you haven't used cheats, you've most likely used illegal textures. If you upload a picture of pp1 or some other mainstream map, without changing the textures of course, we will be able to tell you what's up.

or just contact Jitspoe, he can tell you for sure :P

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 06:58:20 AM »
or just contact Jitspoe, he can tell you for sure :P
I must be off my game, haha. I didn't think Jitspoe ever revealed what was detected/caught to the cheater.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2014, 08:12:27 AM »
I must be off my game, haha. I didn't think Jitspoe ever revealed what was detected/caught to the cheater.

I'm not sure either, but if he already warned him before, he might be willing to explain it at least in private.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2014, 09:24:29 AM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:49:22 AM by Squeeze »

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2014, 10:21:21 AM »
Just slap him with 1024 days ban? Firstly I think it's too freakin long
Umm ok. 1024 day ban is long indeed. But guess what, its a new law in this game. Law is absolute. Once a law is in place it is placed on every indivduals, no one is excluded. I served more then a year when I got banned for using the meddling wall hacks. I didn't distrabute, dystro had placed bunch of fake logs against me and my brother. Everyone knew that. I served like idk a year worth of ban and people saying "ohh don't worry you will be unbanned" and more bullexcrement like "ohh this ban is just so jitspoe can sort things out". Technically in those times jitspoe hadn't created this new system of 1024 day bans and I served a year with out playng, later evaded but still trying to get myself unbanned, even though technically I was suppose to serve at most 100 days( ill be generous 150 days). Haha than people see what I did recently as something "unacceptable". Idc now honsetly speaking(typing?). What I have learned from the past is that if your willing to hack; then be willing to serve time. It doesn't matter how long it is. It doesn't mean I agree with the 1024 day baning I think its suppose to be 1337 days(jk). Streem has the ability to reduce his ban, although jitspoe hasn't stated this yet but most likely does have this gift. The faster he is able to communicate and cooperate with jitspoe the faster he will get his time reduced.
I can bet you can do some better anticheat then this one. Anticheat which can separate banning people cuz he used modif...content or wh/aim etc. like punkbuster in COD.
The anti-cheat works properly. He was banned for modification. End of story. Not texture packs. The fact that jitspoe contacted him for it is pretty mercifull. Don't question the anti-cheat; its become a very solid detection system. Its a work of 10 years. And is still being worked on. People need to understand that. Let this thread be left alone to jitspoe and streem. Trust me on this, but I can tell you this with very ease that jitspoe knows exactly what he had used. Now shh.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:46:50 AM by Toxiic »

Streem

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014, 11:49:29 AM »
I used original pack. Just one week. I used Sunman pack. But it is long..

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »

Well sunmans are banable didn't aveiro set that example?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »

The following post confirms that's not the reason you are banned, or you are not telling the entire truth about it. Get in touch with Jitspoe, publicly discussing this will not help you in your situation.

Just to clarify:

Streem was detected using cheats and/or unfair modifications.  I sent him a warning email to multiple email addresses he had registered/listed on his profile to give him a fair chance to correct this.  The emails did not bounce, implying the email addresses were not dead.  He was detected again later and he was banned.

It's not really that complicated, and it didn't seem like there was a reason to involve the committee. I'm pretty sure he understands why he's banned.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »
2 things,

1) I think the community should get to know what people get banned for. I understand why we don't - because if the person doesn't know what was detected they could give in things that they weren't detected on - but after 'x' days the chance should be gone, and the community should be able to know what exactly the person used. Cheat/Mod is very vague, and could mean many different things.

2) If it's a cheat - than sure he should know it's his fault. If it's textures, than it's very subjective. I know for myself, I likely would be banned right now but you forum messaged me to change my email - then informed me that the textures I was using are no longer legal (sunmans). But, if you only did this through email, and did not forum message me, I would have never checked, and likely got banned. It hasn't been made 100% which textures are legal/notlegal, and it's a subjective matter - but your pack hasn't been finished completely yet to be able to say everyone MUST use it. I think it's only really clear to english-speaking regular forum users that your textures are really the only legal ones, and other ones (which can be downloaded from forums....) are NOT legal.

The fact that many people have downloaded sunman's textures from this forum probably made them assume it's legal. So they never questioned their textures. Why would something bannable be on the forum of the game?

-------

That being said, this is all speculation on it being a slight-texture issue, something that would not have been bannable a year ago. But, I could be completely mistaken.

Anyways, I personally think if you're going to have a committee, use them for what they can do - communicating with the community. When telling people "change your email" - "check your textures"  etc... the committee can easily contact everyone they need. It would have taken the same effort as sending the email - Post in committee thread --> Contact name in regards to his textures --> Someone responds --> Done and proof of contact, if nothing changed then 100% bannable as theres proof he was informed. (THIS ONLY WORKS FOR TEXTURES). Obviously with a real cheat auto-ban is all that's needed.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
And that was one of the emails I contacted.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:49:42 AM by Squeeze »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:22 AM »
2. I know it's so hard to build anti-cheat like this, but this anti-cheat isn't good. If here will be anti-cheat, which can detect if someone was using textures, another modified content or wallhack, aimbot, etc. separately, then it will be good anticheat. (Maybe textures can be detected by jitspoe via this screenshots sending to jits marked with "x", but I don't understand how can u know through this anticheat for what he was banned, that's bullsht).

As far as I know, Jitspoe knows exactly what you used and when you used it. He's just not publishing this info, to get all the info from the banned player.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2014, 04:58:42 AM »
1. I'm too lazy to answer on all of this, but i know, u know, and everyone know that jitspoe will never know for what ppl are banned, maybe sometimes but never thru this anticheat. Tell me how u can know if he used modified content or wallhack with this anti-cheat? Explain it to me.

2. I know it's so hard to build anti-cheat like this, but this anti-cheat isn't good. If here will be anti-cheat, which can detect if someone was using textures, another modified content or wallhack, aimbot, etc. separately, then it will be good anticheat. (Maybe textures can be detected by jitspoe via this screenshots sending to jits marked with "x", but I don't understand how can u know through this anticheat for what he was banned, that's bullsht).
Jitspoe knows what cheat was used, partially because of screenshot system, but anticheat is able to tell him which cheat is which. He just doesn't publish that.
Still it isn't good anticheat, and it isn't that hard to improve it. This was known in 2010 (thanks to opengl wh), we have 2014.

As far as I know, Jitspoe knows exactly what you used and when you used it. He's just not publishing this info, to get all the info from the banned player.
This.

Streem

• PGP
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2014, 05:19:39 AM »
I was looking on email. I don't have no messages from you.