Author Topic: Hi My new map Ellis_b3  (Read 9428 times)

Rassy

• VM-68
Re: Hi My new map Ellis_b3
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »
Ellis_b3
-2_flag
-add hole sideways
-Jump into the hole in the glass
-add light to middle

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »
I've put it up on the beta server. I'll try to give more detailed feedback later, but from a quick run through:

- I don't like the extra flag -- seems like it's there "just because", and it kills the flow since you have to go under a bunker to grab it.  I don't think you need extra flags on a map this size.
- Issues with water are still there.  Flowing direction is wrong on one side.  To many reflective surfaces (be sure to test with r_reflectivewater 1!), and I noticed a new one: the water doesn't go all the way to the ground, so there are more surfaces than necessary, and you get dirt footsteps when walking in the water, and the caustic effects don't show up properly.
- I still think you should make the lighting a bit brighter (you can always edit the batch file and use something like -scale 1.5 for radiosity to make everything brighter).  Be sure to test your map with default settings and textures.
- Lots of barrel textures are still misaligned (slightly too high).  I would recommend just building 1 barrel on the 64unit grid, locking the texture, then replacing all the existing barrels.
- For the fence texture you put in front of the lights, you should make the brush flush with or overlap the light brush so you don't have 2 fence surfaces showing (unless you want that effect? I think it would look better with just 1 fence layer).  Also, be careful how much you scale down textures, as it can cause the brushes to split up more and in increase r_speeds.  Doesn't look like it's an issue here, since everything is enclosed and there's not much visible, but something to be aware of.
- The light crate on 1 side needs to have the textures shifted back -- the angled support beam and whatnot are visible on the inside boards.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 01:23:54 PM »
Awesome looking map although i dont really like the two flags for such a small map. But you did an awesome job. The map has a decent look.

Great work.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:32:30 PM by JeongWa »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 03:51:49 AM »
This is a nice map, but I feel like the second flag really kills the flow and forces you to stay in the enemy base longer than necessary, making it too easy to defend.  Also, I'm not sure if there's an easy fix, but the waterfalls cause problems with the reflective water since there are multiple levels that reflect.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2022, 07:21:46 AM »
I tried playing beta 2 during one of the Social Saturday events, and I definitely think it plays better without the second flag.  Thought I already replied with this and some other info/suggestions, as that happened a while ago.  Oh well.